July 31st camp tweets

7 hours ago, slats said:

Corley will be starting in the slot by mid-October, if not sooner. They’re looking to not only work him in, but feature him, and he seems to be responding positively. We’ll see how quick a study he is, and what kind of workload Gipson gets when he gets back. That injury was bad timing for him. 

Yes the timing was bad for Gipson, but great for Corley and the Jets as well, as it has given them the opportunity to experiment some, and they have been working Lazard and Wilson in the slot some as well.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Someone should tell Aaron to sign in to his JN account and learn a thing or two from the experts here

Tippman can't snap and needs to be replaced 

Did anyone really say that?  The usual suspects had their usual meltdowns the others had their juicy troll opportunities. I guess all it takes is one post shouting "he's a guard".

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

Given your track record around here I might suggest that people buy tons of Corley stock immediately

How can one poster be wrong so often? I don't think I've seen him be right about anything during my short time on the forum.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

11 personnel is by far the predominant grouping across the league.

Your slot corner is a starter.

Except for the raiduhs who will now be 12 personnel 90% of the time and 22 the other 10%.  The only question is which one is the RTE and which is the LTE.  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, slats said:

If they were interested in getting Lazard reps in the slot, now would be the time while Gipson is sidelined. Instead they’re keeping him outside, which would seem to be the fast track to the WR4 position. 

Gipson seemed to be making a case for himself before he got hurt, but I believe the Jets brought in Corley with plans to feature him as a rookie. I’ve said it before, but between drafting Corley and signing small, speedy return men like Cohen and Codrington, it seemed to me that the Jets were looking to replace Gipson on the roster entirely. After his opening day, overtime punt return TD, it’s not like he offered up a lot - and he also fumbled five times last year on limited touches. 

I don't think they're looking to necessarily replace Gipson, but rather looking to upgrade the WR corps.  They weren't going to count on Gipson or Brownlee definitely getting better.  They were going to bring in more good WRs and let competition bring out the best.  He was an UDFA last season.  How often do those guys light up the NFL in their rookie season, especially when they're having to play with a succession of bad QBs?  Things could have been very different for him if Rodgers had stayed healthy.  He's one of their faster WRs and I think the only one who has been a returner.  They may prefer to keep him as the #4 or #5 WR who barring injury to one of the top 3 WRs gets a few snaps on offense but is mostly the return man, similar to Charles who is now primarily the gunner.  Once Williams gets healthy, if he stays that way, and Lazard continues to play better, then Wilson, Williams, Corley and Lazard will get the lion's share of receptions of the WR corps this season and Gipson or the combination of Gipson, Taylor or Brownlee will probably get the rest.

5 hours ago, Ghost said:

Great day. No injuries and progress from the offense. 

This team is without Mike Williams and HR. Both key members of the offense and defense. 

Actually, there were two injuries today: MC II which is scary and Xavier Newman, which is not.

They were also without Lazard and Moses on offense.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, bicketybam said:

What was your last forum name? Just curious.

What forum are you talking about?

If you're talking about on this forum it was ARodFLKeysJetsFan for when I used to live down in the Florida Keys.

When I left the FL Keys back in 2010, I dropped the FLKeys & shortened it to my current username.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

A core player is:

Rodgers

Garrett

Breece

Tyron

Sauce

Mosely

Quinnen and Quicny

A nickel corner is not a core player on any team.

Jet fans....................................

I feel like I'm arguing with a child, you are so ridiculously simple-minded.

I digress.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Did anyone really say that?  The usual suspects had their usual meltdowns the others had their juicy troll opportunities. I guess all it takes is one post shouting "he's a guard".

No 

I was exaggerating 

You’re not right 

I’m antsy for real football 

been a long offseason 

1 hour ago, ARodJetsFan said:

What forum are you talking about?

If you're talking about on this forum it was ARodFLKeysJetsFan for when I used to live down in the Florida Keys.

When I left the FL Keys back in 2010, I dropped the FLKeys & shortened it to my current username.

You joined this forum in 2005 as a Rodgers fan? Ok 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

18 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Do most people call Aaron Rodgers "ARod"?  

Do you think Aaron Rodgers is the only ARod that has ever been?

Lol....ARodFLKeysJetsFan has been around a loooooong time.  Well before Rodgers.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I always think of Alex Rodriguez 

He’s ARod to me 

Since I'm 55, it was mine long before it was his, only difference is my first name is Allan and I never played for the Rangers or the Yankees....LOL.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, JKlecko said:

How can one poster be wrong so often? I don't think I've seen him be right about anything during my short time on the forum.

were you here for the Zach ACL tear in the pre-season?

Joe W Namath classic

9 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Dude has been here forever.  I remember him over at JI as well. You are confusing him w/someone else obviously.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Warfish said:

Do most people call Aaron Rodgers "ARod"?  

Do you think Aaron Rodgers is the only ARod that has ever been?

Lol....ARodFLKeysJetsFan has been around a loooooong time.  Well before Rodgers.

I think even at JI maybe. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I called the Rodgers achilles the second it happened.  If you are going to call out the few misses, you need to celebrate the tons of wins as well.

Fair.

My apologies

• Upvote 1