August 6th camp tweets

Braelon takes one off the right side, as he and Ashtyn thump a bit in open space (perhaps the song motivated each guy, a certain Ludacris classic that politely asks folks to move their ass). 
—Jamien Sherwood has already flashed twice: First keeping pace with Lazard on a vertical, stride for stride, ball overthrown but tight LB-WR coverage, and then thumping a RB while playing his usual inside-out fill/support.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

We have had a lifetime of signing other team's good players and when they came to us they just busted (see Le'Veon and a list of others) Maybe we just have to trust what he's doing?  Fustrating

Thanks for reminding me...

Steve Atwater

Ronnie Lott

Art Monk

Jason Taylor (ew)

seem like the lowlights of that trend. Those dudes may have been HOF'ers, but were just flat-out OLD GUYS looking to grab a final paycheck from the Jets on the way out...

• Upvote 3

The DJ is  immediately on it, playing, “We Are Family,” after the scuffle is broken up. 

Perhaps Brady Latham was one of the main guys in the middle of things (as an instigator or peacemaker), as it appeared his helmet was ripped off at one point. Not sure, but at one point, it looked like a third of the guys later came together.

5 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

He'll be down a cool million after missing today, as I believe he's getting hit for 50K a day;

Haason Reddick Has Accrued Massive Fines for New York Jets Holdout | Yardbarker

Does anyone know what happens to the fines if he simply says I am not showing up?

continue to accrue?

go away because he is not on an active roster (don’t think so but have no idea)

17 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Does anyone know what happens to the fines if he simply says I am not showing up?

continue to accrue?

You used to be able to waive them. But not anymore. Now whether something under the table happens with those fines, who knows. Likely all depends on how happy the FO is on the terms agreed to.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barkus said:

The fines are mandatory and will continue to accrue. If he misses regular season games then he will start losing game checks. If he misses more than 6 games I think then his contract tolls and he will not be a free agent. Armageddon scenario is he shows up before that point, loses a lot of money, plays bad and/or gets hurt, becomes free agent off a bad year and is over 30. Everybody loses. 

Yes.  The fines literally can't be forgiven.  This means that if he comes back and tries to recoup money from the fines, it will come out of the salary cap.  Lose-lose.  I think he starts forfeiting game checks during the preseason.  At least 1/18th the salary, so pretty much the equivalent. 

I don't see any of this as a huge deal.  A 2026 3rd is pretty far out and easy to pick back up moving down a few slots.  The only really bad thing is if he gets players hating on Douglas and the team.  I am not a fan of rah-rah Saleh.  I know I would be a huge eye-roller if I was on this team. as I was with most coaches.  Saleh does seem able to keep the guys together and has not let a Pete Kendall situation derail the team.  Everybody always seems to say I will let my agent work that out and we will welcome him when he gets here about everybody else.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

You used to be able to waive them. But not anymore. Now whether something under the table happens with those fines, who knows. Likely all depends on how happy the FO is on the terms agreed to.

I don't think anything under the table can happen.  I think the fines go to NFL charities.  I don't think the terms matter.  I assume if he retires they might go away, but otherwise?  I think he is on the hook.  

59 minutes ago, Larz said:

54 minutes ago, Larz said:

Interesting to see the Gipson was immediately back in w/ the first team and Corley is working w/ the second.  Either way, it's been a bit quiet on the Corley front since that one practice w/ all the WR's out, so good to hear he's out there impressing even if it's w/ the two's.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

38 minutes ago, Trotter said:

continue to accrue?

Movin’ the Chains on XM broke this down this summer… if he holds out until week 1 it will cost him about $3.5-4M in fines because the pre season games count as an entire game check. Yikes 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Larz said:

The DJ is  immediately on it, playing, “We Are Family,” after the scuffle is broken up. 

Perhaps Brady Latham was one of the main guys in the middle of things (as an instigator or peacemaker), as it appeared his helmet was ripped off at one point. Not sure, but at one point, it looked like a third of the guys later came together.

Jets getting elite DJ-ing this season, book it.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I see a lot of talking up of Sherwood in camp. I wonder if the Jets could move a linebacker before the deadline. Seems to be a stacked group.

With the new kickoffs it's most likely they're going to want to keep all they have. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

It's genuinely hard to understand his strategy at this point. He's clearly not getting a longterm deal from the Jets and he has to play this year to get the contract he wants. Meanwhile, the Jets gave up the equivalent of a 5th this year for him, so I'm not sure how much pressure there is on the Jets to get him into camp. 

Top that off with Willie Mac coming on, Id have no issues if Reddick never showed up.