Vegas has the Jets O/U at 9.5 wins this year. What say you?

Vegas has the Jets O/U at 9.5 wins this year  

79 members have voted

1. 1. This is simple. Do the Jets go Over or Under 9 1/2 wins in 2024

7 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Just strange a Jets “fan” placing bets on them to lose. I usually bet them to win division/superbowl as a fun bet. My friends do that too. I never really met a Jets fan who takes the under on the win total?

Toughen Up Ferris Bueller GIF by U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service

7 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Try and focus Barry. 
(Do you really think they are?)

OK fine, by December 1.

9/9 At San Francisco L
9/15 At Tennessee W
9/19 New England W
9/29 Denver W
10/6 At Minnesota (Tottenham) W
10/14 Buffalo W
10/20 At Pittsburgh W
10/27 At New England W
10/31 Houston L
11/10 At Arizona W
11/17 Indianapolis W

12/1 Seattle W
12/8 At Miami L
12/15 At Jacksonville W
12/22 Los Angeles Rams W
12/29 At Buffalo L

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Simple question, no right or wrong answer.

FYI I placed my bet months ago and went the same way I have the past few years.
To say it’s been very profitable might be understating things a bit. The Jets have paid for golf trips to Pinehurst, Bandon Dunes and Whistling Straits to name a few.

I say this:  I may be destined for the push, but I like the plus odds on o10.  
Straight Over 10 | Regular Season Wins

Over 10+105
NFL Regular Season Wins
New York Jets 2024/25 Season
Sep 9 | 8:20pm
Pending Credits:
Odds:+105
Cash Wager:$xxx.00
Pays:$xxx.xx
Ref: xxxxxx | Aug 02, 2024 @ 11:58am
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I say this:  I may be destined for the push, but I like the plus odds on o10.  
Straight Over 10 | Regular Season Wins

Over 10+105
NFL Regular Season Wins
New York Jets 2024/25 Season
Sep 9 | 8:20pm
Pending Credits:
Odds:+105
Cash Wager:$xxx.00
Pays:$xxx.xx
Ref: xxxxxx | Aug 02, 2024 @ 11:58am

Good luck! 👍

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

Gambling is bad for you

With a screen name Trotter no less.  

I took Jets o10 +105
aslo Pats u4.5 +130.
Giants u6.5 looks good to me...  going to grab it
Want to see the Raiduhs under and the Colts numbers as well.  Might be interested.  

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Over.

Outside of the Reddick situation, where dude has no leverage, the biggest issue with this team has been Rodgers visiting the pyramids. 

This offseason was really good and I'm going to blame last year on Zach Wilson. 

11+ wins.

^this.  And haven't you read about all the imaginary leverage that people think Reddick has over the Jets?  It's a really cool mystical, magical kind of leverage that the world has not yet seen, but it's there.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Tell him the first one is free D!

It really isn't, you know.  But it's a great way for them to get their claws in new bettors.  

I was somewhat confident going into 2023.  I feel considerably more confident going into 2024.  haven't felt that way since Rex years and before that never... even Parcells.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

It really isn't, you know.  But it's a great way for them to get their claws in new bettors.  

I was somewhat confident going into 2023.  I feel considerably more confident going into 2024.  haven't felt that way since Rex years and before that never... even Parcells.

I wouldn’t know about the promos, it’s not legal in SC. I still bet the old fashioned way.

I make one or two trips to Vegas each year, and do a little something out there also.

6 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

They can’t all be like you , me and @Trotter. We’re  degenerates.  🤷‍♂️

I don't disagree.  At least for myself.  I'm good with that.  Mrs. Cat is ok... she knows I'm not betting eating money.  Her sister was married to  dude who lost nearly everything they had...  worse than degenerate...  Jets fans are the best.

17 minutes ago, Dcat said:

With a screen name Trotter no less.  

I took Jets o10 +105
aslo Pats u4.5 +130.
Giants u6.5 looks good to me...  going to grab it
Want to see the Raiduhs under and the Colts numbers as well.  Might be interested.  

I’d be leery of the U with the Pats, love (and took) the U with the Giants. I’m thinking U with the LAC also.

9 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Because he only poses as a Jets Fan... It's pretty obvious 

Yeah, truth be told I only do it because I want to fit in with the cool kids like you.

60 years of making believe I’m a Jets fan just to impress you and bickety bam… I’m exhausted.

• Haha 1

It's hard to win in this league, even with a talent surplus.  A lot of games are grindy, gut checks where you need vet leadership and good coaching.  Some teams have that more than we do.

Still, on talent alone, I think anything under 11 wins would be something of a disappointment.  We should beat NE, and at the very least split games with Buffalo and Miami.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

To say it’s been very profitable might be understating things a bit. The Jets have paid for golf trips to Pinehurst, Bandon Dunes and Whistling Straits to name a few.

Over 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I’d be leery of the U with the Pats, love (and took) the U with the Giants. I’m thinking U with the LAC also.

Under with the giants?

I think they are competative this year and 8 would not suprise me

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

The princess is beautiful from afar.  She has beautiful blond hair, blue eyes, and has a body that just wont quit.

As you get closer, you see the plastic surgery on her face, and the fact that she is wearing a straight jacket to hold in her fat.

Then, as she speaks to you, you realize that she is a miserable person, who only cares about herself.

Right now, the Jets are the equivalent of seeing that beautiful princess from afar.

When the games begin, we will begin to see the warts, and whether or not the older vets will stay healthy, or not.

Personally, I think the Jets really need a motivated Hassan Reddick.  They need his pass rush.  That is only my opinion.  Will the offensive line stay healthy?  We will see.

I believe that the Jets will win 10 games.  I would take the over at 9.5.

But there is nothing that is a given.  The Jets haven't won 10 games in a year since I can't remember when.  Taking the under is not crazy.  But at some point, the Jets will once again win 10 games in a season, and I have to believe that this is the year.