Jets Roster Tier List (Per NYJ_MATT)

• Elite: Sauce, T. Smith, Breece
  • Great: Q. Williams x2, A. Rodgers, G. Wilson
  • Good Starter: M. Williams, JJ, Mosely, Moses, AVT, DJ Reed, MC2
  • Solid Player: looks about right from what I can recognize
  • High Upside: I'm moving Corely down to the do your job category and don't recognize several players
  • rename No Expectations with: "I honestly don't know who this is"

I didn't spot Lazard but I'd move him to no expectations which is basically where I put the entire WR corps beyond G. Wilson & M. Williams.

MC2 I teetered between great & good starter. Comparing just to other nickel backs he's probably great but compared to CB in general I think just Good. Settled at good but wouldn't argue too much against great.

41 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The biggest issue I have is that the top two tiers  should be one tier. What’s the difference between “great player” and “elite”? Seems like it should go from elite/great player straight to good player. 

I like having the distinction but think Matt put too many Jets in the elite category. To me elite is someone you can confidently put in the top 2-3 in the league at their position.

Rodgers can be in that group but at 40 after missing a full year I knock him down to great. Wilson can get there working w/Rodgers but he hasn't been that guy yet. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:
  • High Upside: I'm moving Corely down to the do your job category and don't recognize several players

I didn't spot Lazard but I'd move him to no expectations which is basically where I put the entire WR corps beyond G. Wilson & M. Williams.

MC2 I teetered between great & good starter. Comparing just to other nickel backs he's probably great but compared to CB in general I think just Good. Settled at good but wouldn't argue too much against great.

I’m thinking avt should be in the great category.  I get he hasn’t played a full season yet due to injuries but, imo, the guys next to him play much better and he played every line position except for center at a high level.

38 minutes ago, rangerous said:

I’m thinking avt should be in the great category.  I get he hasn’t played a full season yet due to injuries but, imo, the guys next to him play much better and he played every line position except for center at a high level.

I think his pass blocking keeps him out of the great category for now.

12 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

By any rational definition Q is Elite.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

17 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Breece Hall while capable of being elite player has yet to put up a 1000 yard season .   Until he does which he should do this year , you can’t put him elite category .  Q Williams you definitely can put in elite category. You are top five in NFL at your position you are elite. 
Breece Hall is probably top five in ability , but he has to prove it.( no excuses this year).

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Breece Hall while capable of being elite player has yet to put up a 1000 yard season .   Until he does which he should do this year , you can’t put him elite category .  Q Williams you definitely can put in elite category. You are top five in NFL at your position you are elite. 
Breece Hall is probably top five in ability , but he has to prove it.( no excuses this year).

Breece Hall coming off an ACL running behind a decimated o-line with the worst QB situation in the league just put up the 2nd most yards from scrimmage in the league for RBs behind CMC. He is elite.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Breece Hall coming off an ACL running behind a decimated o-line with the worst QB situation in the league just put up the 2nd most yards from scrimmage in the league for RBs behind CMC. He is elite.

You can’t get 1,000 yards from scrimmage in 17 games you aren’t elite.   Do the math what you have to average per game to get 1000.   1000/17 = 58.8235294118.       You can make all the excuses you want . No one cares, but what you produced.    Until he puts up at least 1000 yards in one season you can’t claim he is.   Maybe he should change positions - move to Wr.   Because what he did at rb so far isn’t elite.

• Haha 1

There should be names under the pictures, or just a list of players' names for each tier.  I'll bet that most Jets fans don't know who half of the players are, and I'm one of them.  I know the main guys like Rodgers, Wilson, Sauce, Mosely, Breece, and a few others, but I don't have a clue who most of these players are, so  I am not able to comment on the quality of his tiers (or lack thereof).  That's the problem with these young wannabes who have podcasts and YouTube videos.  They don't think of important details.

23 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I like having the distinction but think Matt put too many Jets in the elite category. To me elite is someone you can confidently put in the top 2-3 in the league at their position.

Rodgers can be in that group but at 40 after missing a full year I knock him down to great. Wilson can get there working w/Rodgers but he hasn't been that guy yet. 

I disagree.  Rodgers' arm may not be one of the top 2-3 in the NFL any more, but his ability to read Ds, draw opposing DL offsides with his hardcount, his ability to get the ball out quickly and make good decisions, and leadership is still elite.  Wilson's having two 1,000 yard seasons with the stiffs who have played QB, his attitude, and his continuing to work hard to become even better, puts him in the elite category as well.

6 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

I disagree.  He can't help it that he's played behind awfull OLs his first two seasons, and yet he showed elite traits and play when he did get a hole or a decent pass thrown his way.

1 hour ago, JKlecko said:

I disagree.  He can't help it that he's played behind awfull OLs his first two seasons, and yet he showed elite traits and play when he did get a hole or a decent pass thrown his way.

Barry Sanders didn’t play behind an elite offense line throughout his career like his counterparts.  Yet his play on the field told everyone he was elite.     B Hall should be elite player,( has all the ability to be that)  but you can’t honestly say he’s elite when he can’t crack 1000 yards in a 17 game year. .He easily should do it this year , and if doesn’t than don’t even put him the great category .      What’s next Zach Wilson was elite too because he played behind crappy offense line too.    I don’t think anyone would try to make that excuse. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Barry Sanders didn’t play behind an elite offense line throughout his career like his counterparts.  Yet his play on the field told everyone he was elite.     B Hall should be elite player,( has all the ability to be that)  but you can’t honestly say he’s elite when he can’t crack 1000 yards in a 17 game year. .He easily should do it this year , and if doesn’t than don’t even put him the great category .      What’s next Zach Wilson was elite too because he played behind crappy offense line too.    I don’t think anyone would try to make that excuse. 

Barry Sanders was unique.  There's never been another RB like him, who was as elusive as he was and able to make something out of nothing with no blocking.  If he is the standard, then there's never been another elite RB.  Breece IS elite.  In general RBs count on their OL to open holes for them, just as QBs count on their OL to give them time to find an open receiver and throw the ball.  I didn't say anything about Zach. Comparing Breece and Zach is ridiculous.

So glad Raideraholic took the time from his busy and fulfilling life and decided to jump into the ol Jetnation board to weigh in on the Jets roster on Labor Day weekend. 

Thanks for setting them straight with your welcome opinions and commentary.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

So glad Raideraholic took the time from his busy and fulfilling life and decided to jump into the ol Jetnation board to weigh in on the Jets roster on Labor Day weekend. 

Thanks for setting them straight with your welcome opinions and commentary.

You welcome , glad I could make your weekend . 

6 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

You can’t get 1,000 yards from scrimmage in 17 games you aren’t elite.   Do the math what you have to average per game to get 1000.   1000/17 = 58.8235294118.       You can make all the excuses you want . No one cares, but what you produced.    Until he puts up at least 1000 yards in one season you can’t claim he is.   Maybe he should change positions - move to Wr.   Because what he did at rb so far isn’t elite.

Breece had 1585 scrimmage yards in 2023. 2nd behind only CMC. The raiders have the worst QB situation in the NFL and you're on a Jets message board arguing that Breece f'n Hall isn't elite. Have you ever seen the man play the sport of football? Get a life.

• Upvote 2