***OFFICIAL REAL NFL OPENING DAY GAMES THREAD***

12 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

This is one of the dumbest things said on this site... 

Breece has the makings of Adrian Peterson type... Hof type breakaway speed and you think white is just as good? 

Not the claim. But I digress because this isn’t the venue to speak about team building and asset management 

• WTF? 1

13 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Offenses off to a slow start. 

So where we gonna fall after tonight? I'd say 160 range.

This is the new NFL, everyone uses Week 1 as a warm up.

It's funny because I was just about to post in the game thread, expect a score in the teens and a game decided by a FG.  Both of these offenses have barely seen the field this offseason.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Second overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. 

OK if you want to use that type of fractured logic

Geno Smith WON YESTERDAY

Sam Darnold WON YESTERDAY

As Mike Florio put it last night on Football Night in America: "The Jets have a knack for ruining any quarterback they get their hands on."

Take Mark Sanchez as the perfect example. The dude was a winning quarterback when they drafted out of USC. In his second year he took the team deep in the playoffs and went straight down hill from there. The more Sanchez played the worse he got ! He was a Total Wreck by time Philly got him.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

Yup there were a few beauties that Nix Air Mailed straight into the hands of Seahawk DBs. They were "Shock Drops". They could not believe the ball was thrown to them and went Butterfingers. But Nix did settle down later on in the game.

8 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

Bwaaa Haaa Haaaaaaa

You guys should really stop to take a critical look at yourselves

One half of the Jet Fanbase is crying tears for fear of losing their football game tomorrow night and being left in the Cellar of the AFC East a game which they haven't even played yet while the other half is talking sh!t about a player they shipped out 5 months ago.

Talk about a collection of neurotics you guys take the cake !

You have no idea what's going on in Denver or what the situation is with Zach.

Zach was designated Inactive with the Emergency Quarterback Designation. Meaning that he dressed for the game and could have enter the game if he was called upon by Sean Payton to do so. Payton will do everything in his power to avoid throwing Zach into the lurch unprepared unlike what happened with the Jets under Saleh.

Zach will play this year and you can take that to the bank. Prior to this weekend the feeling was it would be sometime around around Mid-Season. Even after Nix gets pulled, if he gets pulled, Stidley will be up next.

So Namath's Fur Coat why aren't you so focused on what going to happen Monday Night ? Because there are a considerable number of Jet Fans expressing a considerable amount of anxiety about the outcome of that game.

8 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

As I have said elsewhere Nix airmailed a couple of beauties right into the awaiting hands of Seahawk DBs that promptly dropped them.. Caleb Williams had an awful day and Jayden Daniels put up respectable numbers but could not score a single TD in the Air. The game was not even competitive and the Commanders were thumped.

Add to that both Justin Fields and Trevor Lawrence both laid eggs and it shows you nothing is guaranteed in the NFL. Lawrence was considered the creme-de-la-creme of the QB Class that Zach was in. The Jags looked to have a route in the making against the Phish Sunday and Trevor Lawrence could not put the Phishies away scoring a measley 17 Points. But there are people on this board that think its their duty to chase around after Zach while expressing doubt about what the Jets will do with a first ballot Hall of Fame QB to replace him.

14 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

This is the new NFL, everyone uses Week 1 as a warm up.

It's funny because I was just about to post in the game thread, expect a score in the teens and a game decided by a FG.  Both of these offenses have barely seen the field this offseason.

I'm honestly fully expecting a Kirk Cousins type game from Rodgers. He's gonna take a few games to get up to speed.

Just hoping his mistakes don't cost us the W.

5 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Yeah but Sean Payton is a highly sought after coach that wins football games. In his 3 years as a Head Coach Robert Saleh has NEVER had a winning season amassing an overall 18-33 record and doing no better than 7-10. His teams have never made the playoffs much less made a deep run. Now he hopes to turn that putrid record around by farming out the Offense to Aaron Rodgers. The first year didn't go so well. If the second year doesn't produce anything like a playoff run everyone is being shipped out.

We'll see who will hire Saleh to Coach their NFL Team when Woody sends him packing. My prognosis is Saleh will fade out into oblivion like Adam Gase.

2 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

I'm honestly fully expecting a Kirk Cousins type game from Rodgers. He's gonna take a few games to get up to speed.

I dont think he'll be that bad.  First of all, he's 1000000x better than Cousins and Cousins was not only injured later in the year but he also changed teams.  It's all brand new.  At least in this situation, there is no change for Rodgers, the only change is the offense added more talent in the offseason.  I actually think he'll give you a really efficient Justin Fields (baller, superstar, only team undefeated in the AFCN) type game. I just dont think they're going to score a bunch.  I think it's going to be a very similar defensive battle in the teens, lots of FG's, 19-16 type sh*t.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

I was thinking that Rodgers will have a game like Ole Cop-a-Feel DeShaun Watson. There is a great deal of speculation the 2 Year Layoff may have ruined him for good.

1 minute ago, WestCoastMole said:

Yeah but Sean Payton is a highly sought after coach that wins football games. In his 3 years as a Head Coach Robert Saleh has NEVER had a winning season amassing an overall 18-33 record and doing no better than 7-10. His teams have never made the playoffs much less made a deep run. Now he hopes to turn that putrid record around by farming out the Offense to Aaron Rodgers. The first year didn't go so well. If the second year doesn't produce anything like a playoff run everyone is being shipped out.

We'll see who will hire Saleh to Coach their NFL Team when Woody sends him packing. My prognosis is Saleh will fade out into oblivion like Adam Gase.

Sean Payton sucks out loud and cant develop a QB to save his life.  He's a .500 coach w/out Drew Brees and he's had a #1 overall pick w/ 4 years under his belt developed by a 100000x better coach, Bruce Arians.  He sucks so bad at developing QB's, the he drafted a QB w/ the most collegiate starts in NCAA history/oldest rookie QB to start opening day and as you can see, Bo Nix is ******* terrible because Sean Payton sucks ass. 

39 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

Geno Smith WON YESTERDAY

As Mike Florio put it last night on Football Night in America: "The Jets have a knack for ruining any quarterback they get their hands on."

Take Mark Sanchez as the perfect example. The dude was a winning quarterback when they drafted out of USC. In his second year he took the team deep in the playoffs and went straight down hill from there. The more Sanchez played the worse he got ! He was a Total Wreck by time Philly got him.

Hey Bickety what are you laughing at ?

The Giants took a shellacking from Darnold yesterday.

And Dexter Lawrence can't figure out why.

It's going to be a LOOOONG Season for the G-Men

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WestCoastMole said:

Geno Smith WON YESTERDAY

I agree the Jets ruin young QBs but Mark Sanchez was the worst example to pick.  He wasn't that good to begin with and mainly won because of a great OL and RBs.  Eventually he got exposed for who he was.

I think Geno needed to mature and Sam was rushed along on a horrendously bad team.  IIRC, Sam was the youngest starting QB in NFL history in his first start.  I always felt like the Jets mishandled him.  I'm still very interested to see what happens with ZW.  I think the Jets royally screwed up with him as well.  Though I do wonder what would've happened had Greg Knapp not had that tragic accident.

48 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

Hey Bickety what are you laughing at ?

The Giants took a shellacking from Darnold yesterday.

And Dexter Lawrence can't figure out why.

It's going to be a LOOOONG Season for the G-Men

I was laughing at your Sanchez comment. Also, I called the Giants under the lock of the year, so I'm not sure why you are referencing them losing. I hate the Giants.

Didn't mean to offend you with the laughing reaction. Here, you can laugh at this as payback.

zach-wilson-zach-wilson-falling.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Offenses off to a slow start. 

So where we gonna fall after tonight? I'd say 160 range.

Talk about aiming low.  SMH.

200-250.  We have a HOF QB with some great weapons.  

I expect far better than a "Bryce Young" level of production tonight.

19 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Yep. Confirmed. Panthers to have the #1 pick for the 3rd straight year. Woof.

Is Bryce Young going to go down as the biggest bust in NFL history?

At least Jemarcus Russell had excuses ie; dug use, never read a playbook, never watched film.  By all accounts, Bryce Young is a terrific young man that works his ass off.  lol

2 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

At least Jemarcus Russell had excuses ie; dug use, never read a playbook, never watched film.  By all accounts, Bryce Young is a terrific young man that works his ass off.  lol

He showed repeatedly yesterday why drafting a 5'10" QB is not ideal.  Especially when the next guy in line is 6'3" and looks like one of the best rookie QBs perhaps ever.

2 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

Geno Smith WON YESTERDAY

Mike Florio is just mad his boy Zach Wilson is third string on a crappy broncos team

7 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Worst than Zippy? I'd say yes only because they picked him over Stroud. That pick is career killing.

55 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I agree the Jets ruin young QBs but Mark Sanchez was the worst example to pick.  He wasn't that good to begin with and mainly won because of a great OL and RBs.  Eventually he got exposed for who he was.

I think Geno needed to mature and Sam was rushed along on a horrendously bad team.  IIRC, Sam was the youngest starting QB in NFL history in his first start.  I always felt like the Jets mishandled him.  I'm still very interested to see what happens with ZW.  I think the Jets royally screwed up with him as well.  Though I do wonder what would've happened had Greg Knapp not had that tragic accident.

I think had Knapp not been killed he would have sanded off the rough edges with Zach in his first year. But he would have had to work on LeFleur as much as Zach. We'll see what happens with Zach in Denver but the initial returns on Nix seemed to indicate that Zach's timetable maybe pushed up once again. I like to see Zach called in around Week 12 to 13 but its looking like Week 8.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Mike Florio is just mad his boy Zach Wilson is third string on a crappy broncos team

Nahhh it was Florio being elated that his Minnesota Vikings won with a 1st Round Draft Pick discarded by the Jets. Cousins looked like bum. Jordan Love is out for the first half of the season so scratch the Packers and Caleb Williams is a Works in Progress so scratch the Bears. If Sam can continue to produce the Ws the Vikings have the inside track on a playoff berth.

34 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

Nahhh it was Florio being elated that his Minnesota Vikings won with a 1st Round Draft Pick discarded by the Jets. Cousins looked like bum. Jordan Love is out for the first half of the season so scratch the Packers and Caleb Williams is a Works in Progress so scratch the Bears. If Sam can continue to produce the Ws the Vikings have the inside track on a playoff berth.

Do you root for an NFL team or are you just a Zach stan? Honest question 

• Haha 1

On 9/9/2024 at 9:44 AM, bicketybam said:

Do you root for an NFL team or are you just a Zach stan? Honest question 

I have followed the Jets sine 1967. And having done so I have learned not to get attached to any team if they don't have competent ownership. the only decent owner the Jets have had is a Sonny Werblin. Leon Hess was a money grubbing skin flint who didn't care what they team did on the field and by far the worst owner the Jets have ever had. The Johnsons want to build a successful franchise but don't have a clue what to do.

The Mara Family is a bunch of arrogant m**********s

As to Zach he has the tools to be an All Pro QB and has demonstrated he can deliver the goods when he is on his game. Not all QBs can play starting caliber ball out college. As a matter of fact only a few QBs can do that. Most QBs need to be developed and Zach is one of them. I expect that Sean Payton sees the same thing in Zach and meant what he said when he told Zach I'm going to make you millions of dollars. I would love to see both the New York Jets FO and the loud mouth fans who were clamoring for Zach's head proven wrong.

The Jets are heading for a lulu of a hangover once Rodgers retires

• Haha 1

So.... We are in last place tomorrow? Lol

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

Sorry fellas but my wife said that I am never right about the Jets and if I can prove her wrong I'm getting laid tonight.

Screenshot taken.

HONEY!! LOOK AT THIS!!!

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

Haven't read through this whole thread but just wanted to touch on JK Dobbins. Had a very good Week 1.

Why I'm bringing him up is that he had the same surgery and same treatment as AR and the same timing.

He as a RB has to be quite a bit more athletic than a QB does and he looked good out there. He also has quite a bit of a bigger injury history than AR, so while being that he's not 40... he is more injury prone.

My point being that if a RB can look good with the same time frame as AR, we shouldn't be holding our breathe every time AR steps back to pass.

RELAX

On 9/9/2024 at 11:34 AM, JiFtheOracle said:

that title is reserved for zach wilson. a much bigger bust than jemarcus

11 hours ago, doitny said:

so your not a Jets fan. got it.

I've been following the Jets longer than you have been alive. Over the years I've come to learn what to expect from the Jets. That's a lesson you have failed to learn. There really is something to the tired old bromide. "Same Old Jets" I am not a Cult Follower, I am a fan of the game.

But even the Cult Followers know in some part of their consciousness what is in store for them. Thats why they keep reciting "We gotta get off to a fast start"....."We gotta get off to a fast start"....."We gotta get off to a fast start"....." Like its some sort incantation. If only they can will the Team to a victory. The Jets never lead the 9ers at any point in Last Monday's Game. Back up Running Back and all the 49ers flattened the Jets. Now the Jets are going to beat one of the more average Teams in the league ? Even a number of Cult Followers have their doubts about that.

How's that for get off to  "Fast Start" ?

11 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

But even the Cult Followers know in some part of their consciousness what is in store for them. Thats why they keep reciting "We gotta get off to a fast start"....."We gotta get off to a fast start"....."We gotta get off to a fast start"....." Like its some sort incantation. If only they can will the Team to a victory.

Interesting theory, but getting off to a good start is a good idea, in general. I would also argue it is a particularly good idea for a team that hasn't won anything in a long time and has a lot of young key contributors (Sauce, Breece, GW, Quinnen, Quincy, JJ, AVT) who have yet to experience success in the NFL.  

11 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

The Jets never lead the 9ers at any point in Last Monday's Game. Back up Running Back and all the 49ers flattened the Jets. Now the Jets are going to beat one of the more average Teams in the league ? Even a number of Cult Followers have their doubts about that.

How's that for get off to  "Fast Start" ?

FYI, the Jets led 7-3 and 7-6.