Over Reaction City

15 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

He did not look cooked at all. He looked a little rusty which is understandable after not playing a real game for basically 20 months and playing a very good team. 2 td drives and a few drives stopped by a fumble and dropped passes. Not worried about the offense one bit. Worried about the run defense more than any other aspect. 

Cooked is a bit strong I will give you that. Would have been nice to play in some preseason games given his time away, wouldn’t be worth the risk I guess. Everything looked off. 

26 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Possibly but we will never know because he got zero touches when the game wasn't over. 

Yeah but I’m sure not ready to say Allen would’ve had more success than Breece in the meat of the game based on 2 touches in garbage time. 

• Upvote 1

If you want to torture yourself more, go and rewatch the Defense and focus on CJ Mosley. He was awful. Playing way too deep, had a painfully slow reaction time, and could not get off a block. Quincy did not play well either, but at least he was flying around. Mosley looked either old or disinterested in the game.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

"It's only been 1 season"

"It's only been 2 seasons"

"It's only been 5 seasons"

"It's only week 1 in season 6"

Homers and Douglas stans have been a broken record of idiocy and toxic positivity

Being a Jets fan is like watching Broadway’s “Annie” over and over again — the future is always a season away.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

"It's only been 1 season"

"It's only been 2 seasons"

"It's only been 5 seasons"

"It's only week 1 in season 6"

Homers and Douglas stans have been a broken record of idiocy and toxic positivity

In your estimation what would a reasonable reaction to the game be?

Are we supposed to pack it in for the season and give up?

I think most people recognize they got smoked yesterday. Despite that, the team can and likely will improve over the course of the season.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Yeah but I’m sure not ready to say Allen would’ve had more success than Breece in the meat of the game based on 2 touches in garbage time. 

Every team gives their back SOME break during the game

10 minutes ago, Plen T said:

Every team gives their back SOME break during the game

Oh he had plenty of break courtesy of the NYJ defense that couldn’t get off the field. Breece had 16 carries. Not exactly ridden hard and put away wet.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

needs some from the other end too in order to truly capture some of the hysterical reactions 

The only predictable reaction to the game — win or lose — was overreaction 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, jgb said:

The only predictable reaction to the game — win or lose — was overreaction 

What do you call expecting that result after the team blew off the preseason? And what do we call those who thought that the preseason doesn’t matter? The outcome yesterday was expected knowing who the opponent was and how soft the Jets practices and approach is. That’s a big boy football team that was primed to do what they did against the Jets who were not in shape to play a real game. 

• Upvote 1

mR, S said before the game he would attack the middle of the DL... I mean he said that and yet, this CS was not prepared or the players were not, either way, they got smoked.  

Issues: stopping the run.  they were outschemed and out muscled and certainly outcoached on both sides of the ball.  How can anyone, in thier right mind, think not playing any of your starters in PSG is good?  Besides the O becoming predictable after the TD drive, they looked and played rusty.  The rushing game was non-existent and reminiscent of last years mess....  Not using all of your weapons is inexcusable. 

I have no faith in this HC or the OC.... and if this team is mired in last place by game four, the coach should be fired. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

The offense had 1 good drive. That's it.

For the most part Rodgers looked old and slow. 

So breece's fumble was because Rodgers was slow... 

Lazards drop on a 3rd down was Rodgers fault... 

Wilson not getting both feet in bounds is Rodgers fault... 

Not being able to run for a first on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 is because Rodgers is old.. 

The absolute dart to Garrett over the shoulder proves he can't throw... 

Wilson getting held up on a go route proves Rodgers is old and slow... 

Rodgers deflection INT shows that he has horrible placement and can't aim... 

You are sir are just a troll...

• Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

The offense had 1 good drive. That's it.

For the most part Rodgers looked old and slow. 

meh. he didn't look like MVP Rodgers but definitely can still play. He zipped a few balls into tight spots, hit a nice 3rd and long to Wilson, nice pass to Lazard down the sideline, got the d-line to jump for a free play. A lot of good things.

can you give a few examples of when he looked old and slow?

There were a few plays where he didn't get the ball snapped until the play clock was close to zero where it seemed a little hectic. I don't think he intended to do that given the score.

I think it's fair to think he has to shake a little rust after not playing a full game for 2 years. Do you think?

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

meh. he didn't look like MVP Rodgers but definitely can still play. He zipped a few balls into tight spots, hit a nice 3rd and long to Wilson, nice pass to Lazard down the sideline, got the d-line to jump for a free play. A lot of good things.

can you give a few examples of when he looked old and slow?

There were a few plays where he didn't get the ball snapped until the play clock was close to zero where it seemed a little hectic. I don't think he intended to do that given the score.

I think it's fair to think he has to shake a little rust after not playing a full game for 2 years. Do you think?

He looked slow the entire game. A lot of his ability was built around his mobility in addition to his other traits. He looked hobbled and not fully healed. He was like a statue most of the game. Sure he still has the arm, but the athleticism either through age or injury looked completely gone.

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

So breece's fumble was because Rodgers was slow... 

Lazards drop on a 3rd down was Rodgers fault... 

Wilson not getting both feet in bounds is Rodgers fault... 

Not being able to run for a first on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 is because Rodgers is old.. 

The absolute dart to Garrett over the shoulder proves he can't throw... 

Wilson getting held up on a go route proves Rodgers is old and slow... 

Rodgers deflection INT shows that he has horrible placement and can't aim... 

You are sir are just a troll...

So we crafted our roster and coaching staff around him, traded assets and sold our soul to bring in a QB for 30M+ a year to make excuses you could give a rookie?

He has to be better than excuses. This is a 1 year window team as currently constructed. 

If he can't rise above excuses why is he here? We could make excuses for Tyrod Taylor who could put up the same sad stat line.

• WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

So we crafted our roster and coaching staff around him, traded assets and sold our soul to bring in a QB for 30M+ a year to make excuses you could give a rookie?

He has to be better than excuses. This is a 1 year window team as currently constructed. 

If he can't rise above excuses why is he here? We could make excuses for Tyrod Taylor who could put up the same sad stat line.

He scored 2 TDs despite those costly mistakes by his teammates... He didn't have that many drives... Wtf are you talking about... Who is making excuses 

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

You guys don't get to beat your chests all off season screaming top 5 roster and HOF QB and SB and then shrivel up and play what aboutisms when the games start 

I still believe all those things (SB contender, not they're definitely a SB team). I also said as soon as the schedule was released the Niners are the only team on the schedule with a better roster and that was probably a w1 loss in SF. The nay sayers were always going to try and use this game as a "told you so" if we lost despite the fact that it was the toughest game on the schedule. So, congrats on that, I guess?

How the team looks w1 is a lot less important than w8, w12 & w16.

If they continue to get slapped around my opinion will change. I never expected the D to get completely slapped around but again, if you trust this CS with nothing else it's getting the D fixed. I think it will turn around. 

• Upvote 1