Over Reaction City

I didn't read the entire thread but I can only imagine.  The bottom line is they played a lousy game but still had a shot into the fourth quarter.

One thing I will rag on is Hacker's play calling which as per usual I hated, especially on the series late they went for it on 4th down (which should have been a PI).

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I still believe all those things (SB contender, not they're definitely a SB team). I also said as soon as the schedule was released the Niners are the only team on the schedule with a better roster and that was probably a w1 loss in SF. The nay sayers were always going to try and use this game as a "told you so" if we lost despite the fact that it was the toughest game on the schedule. So, congrats on that, I guess?

How the team looks w1 is a lot less important than w8, w12 & w16.

If they continue to get slapped around my opinion will change. I never expected the D to get completely slapped around but again, if you trust this CS with nothing else it's getting the D fixed. I think it will turn around. 

Fair enough.

I think they go 9-8 and miss the playoffs. I think Rodgers is over the hill and the roster isn't anywhere as good as people think it is.

Saleh just isn't a good coach.

• Thumb Down 2

3 minutes ago, jetswin said:

I didn't read the entire thread but I can only imagine.  The bottom line is they played a lousy game but still had a shot into the fourth quarter.

One thing I will rag on is Hacker's play calling which as per usual I hated, especially on the series late they went for it on 4th down (which should have been a PI).

Jets suck and everyone should be fired

Anybody that is positive is a Homer and blind...

Basically the thread 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, jetswin said:

The Jets were not in the game at any point in the 4th qtr

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

What excuses?

The niners had a TD called back and another player drop a TD. They still overcame it and drop 30+ and dominated. They were missing arguably their best player.

Good teams over come. Bad teams make excuses. Every post you make is excuses.

It's year 6 for Douglas. Excuses don't matter anymore. Results do.

27-57

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Prodigal Syndicate said:

The niners had a TD called back and another player drop a TD. They still overcame it and drop 30+ and dominated. They were missing arguably their best player.

No excuses... They lost and sucked... 

I feel that they turn it around... 

I only take exception to Rodgers looking old... In no way did he look old. 

11 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

27-57

Well said. Hearing a lot of crickets from the Pom Pom shaking,  always 100% positive, green sunglasses wearing Jets fans WHO FROWN ON ANY NEGATIVITY 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BP said:

Well said. Hearing a lot of crickets from the Pom Pom shaking,  always 100% positive, green sunglasses wearing Jets fans WHO FROWN ON ANY NEGATIVITY 

Sorry for seeing the positives in a terrible game... I guess I should just be miserable like the negative Nancy's that flood the forum... 

Rodgers look good... Everyone finished healthy... The defense has looked this bad before and has been fixed in the past... 

The Rodgers TD drives are things of beauty that we have not seen from a Jets qb in 20 years... 

It's 1 game against the NFC Champs 

35 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Sorry for seeing the positives in a terrible game... I guess I should just be miserable like the negative Nancy's that flood the forum... 

Rodgers look good... Everyone finished healthy... The defense has looked this bad before and has been fixed in the past... 

The Rodgers TD drives are things of beauty that we have not seen from a Jets qb in 20 years... 

It's 1 game against the NFC Champs 

You left out Robert Saleh being well groomed and having clean teeth. And how well he clapped after the Jets scored. Hallelujah!

Seriously, how can you possibly be positive after that performance and their track record? Good thing you’re not in a management position in the business world. Are you a priest? :rl: 

• More Ugh 1

4 minutes ago, BP said:

You left out Robert Saleh being well groomed and having clean teeth. And how well he clapped after the Jets scored. Hallelujah!

Seriously, how can you possibly be positive after that performance and their track record? Good thing you’re not in a management position in the business world. Are you a priest? :rl: 

They looked terrible and it was a miserable game... But 1 game doesn't define a season... 

If it continues against some of the worst teams in the league then there is truly a problem... 

They got outplayed and out coached by a team that was in the superbowl last year on their home opener on Monday night... 

Don't make it more than that... Rodgers looked good and I am happy to watch them beat up on the dregs of the league

the problem with Hackett is not the play calling , we know Rodgers can change the call at the line and did it yesterday many times.

the issue is the game plan , he cant make a good game plan to save his life, Rodgers cant practice and work all week as QB and also make the game plan.

they need even right now hire a consultant to help Hackett with the game plan, you throw enough money at someone and they will come.

Just now, fusionCA said:

the problem with Hackett is not the play calling , we know Rodgers can change the call at the line and did it yesterday many times.

the issue is the game plan , he cant make a good game plan to save his life, Rodgers cant practice and work all week as QB and also make the game plan.

they need even right now hire a consultant to help Hackett with the game plan, you throw enough money at someone and they will come.

They tried to and he said no. 

3 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

Yes, it's an "overreaction" based on Week 1, but...

The Jets didn't get beat.  They got dominated.  They were punched in the mouth and had zero answers.

Joe Douglas is a lame duck.  He hasn't been extended, and money talks.  Robert Saleh is on the hot seat.  There is a reason he's in the top 5 on betting sites for first head coach to be fired this season.

If the Jets don't show up and produce against Tennessee in Week 2, watch out.  I can't imagine Woody is happy.  The Jets were just embarrassed in prime time on national TV.  Again, this wasn't just a hard fought, close loss.  It was a slaughter in which they were completely outclassed.

At some point, hopes and dreams need to be put aside and replaced by the reality of what is being produced on the field, year in year out, week in week out.  This isn't some small sample size.  Enough is enough.

The Jets need to be competitive against good teams, and bottom line, they need to win.

Agreed but it is week 1 as you said and it was a tall task to beat the NFC Champs in their building... 

Too many mistakes... And the defense got thrashed... Bad game... But let's see if it continues. 

They are also a team that is built to beat the Jets Defense... It should have been closer but the mistakes on offense killed too many drives... If a few of those mistakes were cut down like halls fumble or even wilson catching 3rd and 1... I think it would be a different story today

• Upvote 1

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

🤷🏼 There is nothing they can do right now.. 

of course there is , there are plenty offensive minds better then Hackett sitting on the couch , if JD and RS really dont want to get fired they need to find someone  

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Agreed but it is week 1 as you said and it was a tall task to beat the NFC Champs in their building... 

Too many mistakes... And the defense got thrashed... Bad game... But let's see if it continues. 

They are also a team that is built to beat the Jets Defense... It should have been closer but the mistakes on offense killed too many drives... If a few of those mistakes were cut down like halls fumble or even wilson catching 3rd and 1... I think it would be a different story today

I don't disagree.

It was a very tough match to begin with, and I think the narrative would be different if the Jets showed up, put up a good fight, and fell short.  But that's not what happened.  Good teams don't get dominated like that no matter who they are playing.

Can the ship be turned around?  Absolutely.  It is only Week 1 after all.  If the Jets win convincingly in Tennessee, the narrative changes, and the season goes back to having some promise.  But in order for that to happen, a different Jets team needs to show up.  The one we saw last night would have a tough time beating any team in the league.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

What do you call expecting that result after the team blew off the preseason? And what do we call those who thought that the preseason doesn’t matter? The outcome yesterday was expected knowing who the opponent was and how soft the Jets practices and approach is. That’s a big boy football team that was primed to do what they did against the Jets who were not in shape to play a real game. 

Oh yeah man this was a guaranteed chalk loss but I’m a secret Jets hater sent here by the Deep State to sow dissent among the faithful.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

I don't disagree.

It was a very tough match to begin with, and I think the narrative would be different if the Jets showed up, put up a good fight, and fell short.  But that's not what happened.  Good teams don't get dominated like that no matter who they are playing.

Can the ship be turned around?  Absolutely.  It is only Week 1 after all.  If the Jets win convincingly in Tennessee, the narrative changes, and the season goes back to having some promise.  But in order for that to happen, a different Jets team needs to show up.  The one we saw last night would have a tough time beating any team in the league.

Good teams do get dominated... KC on opening day last year... Even the ravens this year... Yes I know it was close in the end but they were dominated..  Pats got dominated multiple times throughout his career in September with Brady... Tb with Brady got dominated a few times before their SB run... 

I understand the pain but it's just not true that good teams don't get dominated. 

31 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

Yes, it's an "overreaction" based on Week 1, but...

The Jets didn't get beat.  They got dominated.  They were punched in the mouth and had zero answers.

Joe Douglas is a lame duck.  He hasn't been extended, and money talks.  Robert Saleh is on the hot seat.  There is a reason he's in the top 5 on betting sites for first head coach to be fired this season.

If the Jets don't show up and produce against Tennessee in Week 2, watch out.  I can't imagine Woody is happy.  The Jets were just embarrassed in prime time on national TV.  Again, this wasn't just a hard fought, close loss.  It was a slaughter in which they were completely outclassed.  There is no injury excuse.  They simply looked bad at full strength.

At some point, hopes and dreams need to be put aside and replaced by the reality of what is being produced on the field, year in year out, week in week out.  This isn't some small sample size.  Enough is enough.

The Jets need to be competitive against good teams, and bottom line, they need to win games.

At least this season if it falls apart there should be legit consequences, rather than excuses and a redo.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

I think it’s just one big overreaction, we know that Robert Saleh is an elite coach who historically puts high powered offenses together and always has his team ready to go. 16-1 still within reach

Running that Stairway to Heaven baby. Bob taking us to the promised land!

5 hours ago, jgb said:

Yeah but I’m sure not ready to say Allen would’ve had more success than Breece in the meat of the game based on 2 touches in garbage time. 

Sure, but he should have gotten a few touches during the game to actually see what he could have done when the running game wasn't doing anything.