Ok the positive spin thread

22 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:
  • The Jets are a middle of the pack team
  • The Broncos are a middle of the pack team 

Both teams will make a wildcard run - may or may not make the playoffs but neither have have any shot of making noise in the playoffs.

Who are not middle of the pack teams?

2 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

Who are not middle of the pack teams?

From what I can tell right now...This will likely change but this is the way I see it now.

Bill's, Chiefs, Ravens, Texans (possibly Steelers)

Comboys, nNners, Vikings, Lions..

When push comes to shoves, ultimately this league will always fall back to QB play.  The teams with the best QB's are the teams that have a legit shot at a Super Bowl run.  

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

Everyone likes to crap on Denver ... but they lost by 6 to the 3-1 Seahawks, by 7 to the 3-1 Steelers, and beat the 3-1 Bucs 26-7 coming into the game on Sunday.

Maybe not as bad a team as we were supposed to think?

truth is they're not that good.  they have a coach who gets the team motivated on game day.  their defense looks much better than it is because they blitz often.  blitzing can hide a lot of other problems.  let's see them blitz against a team like kansas city or even buffalo.  they'd get chewed up.  and nix is just not that good.  he threw maybe two or three good passes.  the rest were off target or telegraphed.  considering the guy played qb for six college seasons shows he's possibly reached his apex.  his mobility helped a lot.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

if this team came out this flat after 9 days rest against a roster as crappy as Denver, then they aren't real contenders 

That's the bottom line. We can window dress it all you want but super bowl contenders don't lose that game 

I keep hearing we should hire Mike Vrabel because he is a great, successful, proven head coach that would never let this kind of thing go on.  In his one good year he lost to rookie HC Saleh's team that ended up 4-12 QB Zach Wilson, lead RB Michael Carter that started Greg Van Roten.  They were supposed to be "real contenders."  

Are the Niners and Eagles real contenders?  There is a lot of sh*t out there.  It's not how you start, it's how you finish.  I don't blame anybody for bitching and whining about this sh*tshow, but acting like this is some kind of proof that the Jets will end up 5-12 is almost as silly as thinking we are going to be handed the Lombardi.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

From what I can tell right now...This will likely change but this is the way I see it now.

When push comes to shoves, ultimately this league will always fall back to QB play.  The teams with the best QB's are the teams that have a legit shot at a Super Bowl run.  

Three of those teams have the same record as us.  We have really fallen behind the leagues elite.

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Three of those teams have the same record as us.  We have really fallen behind the leagues elite.

Eh.

The record right now isn't that big a deal.  Jets at 2-2 are position just fine from a record perspective.   But watching them play you can see what they are...The teams with the better QB's will almost always rise to the top.  

Those are the teams that have a shot of making noise in the playoffs.

16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Bills should have lost to AZ at home and just got blown out 

Ravens lost to Raiders in embarrassing fashion

Texans are definition of mid last two weeks 

Cowboys stink

Lions beat by bucs who got blown out by broncos 

42 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

The ocean is flat or I would but guess what's going to be embarrassing? When a guy who doesnt even stand on fiber glass but instead, lays his fat belly on foam and rides waves prone proceeds to rip this D to shreds.

Sorry.  Its just fact, the Jets suck something awful but at least we have you as our Captain to guide us through another disasterous season vs. that coward narcist weirdo. 

I assure you things will start going the way you want if you stay positive. 

1 game a season does not make. 

7 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

Bills should have lost to AZ at home and just got blown out 

Ravens lost to Raiders in embarrassing fashion

Texans are definition of mid last two weeks 

Cowboys stink

Lions beat by bucs who got blown out by broncos 

Lions beat by bucs who got blown out by broncos ... who lost to the Seahawks who got beat last night by the Lions ...

32 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I keep hearing we should hire Mike Vrabel because he is a great, successful, proven head coach

for the record Saleh is about number 12 on the list of top ten things wrong with the Jets. When he is fired he will go on to have Bowles like success somewhere else 

when Saleh is fired (not if) they should hire a HC who calls the offensive plays.

the Belly and Vrabel model is dead and so is the Rodgers style pocket passer 

32 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

acting like this is some kind of proof that the Jets will end up 5-12 is almost as silly as thinking we are going to be handed the Lombardi.

again for the record i don't think the Jets go 5-12 but 9-8 just missing on the wildcard feels about right for this squad (who vegas predicted to win 9.5 games before the season)

positive vibes in the positive vibes thread? Well I would take a winning season. It's a step toward what we all want 

If my rants have a theme it's that I wish expectations were a little more in line with reality 

let the Jets get good then plan for a trip to New Orleans or whatever. there's a Psych PhD candidate somewhere who could write their dissertation on why Jets fans have delusions of Super Bowl every offseason. 

There's no positive spin about the Broncos game. That was a hideous, embarrassing game against a bad football team. That's a game a playoff team wins easily.

The positive spin about the season is that it's only one game, and this is a week to week league. Ravens got lit up by the Raiders. Bengals lost at home to a Pats team we lit up like a Christmas tree. There are only 5 legitimately good teams in the AFC and our team was always one likley to be better at the end of the year than the beginning.

There's still hope, but this is a flawed football team and they don't seem to be operating with the sense of urgency they should be.

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

for the record Saleh is about number 12 on the list of top ten things wrong with the Jets. When he is fired he will go on to have Bowles like success somewhere else 

when Saleh is fired (not if) they should hire a HC who calls the offensive plays.

the Belly and Vrabel model is dead and so is the Rodgers style pocket passer 

again for the record i don't think the Jets go 5-12 but 9-8 just missing on the wildcard feels about right for this squad (who vegas predicted to win 9.5 games before the season)

positive vibes in the positive vibes thread? Well I would take a winning season. It's a step toward what we all want 

If my rants have a theme it's that I wish expectations were a little more in line with reality 

let the Jets get good then plan for a trip to New Orleans or whatever. there's a Psych PhD candidate somewhere who could write their dissertation on why Jets fans have delusions of Super Bowl every offseason. 

if you flip the coaches on sunday the jets win.  coaching matters most in games like that.  payton scores in the red zone with the jets offense. 

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

if this team came out this flat after 9 days rest against a roster as crappy as Denver, then they aren't real contenders 

That's the bottom line. We can window dress it all you want but super bowl contenders don't lose that game 

the jets are like the state of florida......NO sidewalks

2 hours ago, jamesr said:

Everyone likes to crap on Denver ... but they lost by 6 to the 3-1 Seahawks, by 7 to the 3-1 Steelers, and beat the 3-1 Bucs 26-7 coming into the game on Sunday.

Maybe not as bad a team as we were supposed to think?

A true showcase of COACHING

the ANTITHESIS of the New York football Jets

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

if you flip the coaches on sunday the jets win.  coaching matters most in games like that.  payton scores in the red zone with the jets offense. 

Nah ... he'd have plays where the primary receiving option is his DT, just like we did. It's where football is headed! 😜

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Eh.

The record right now isn't that big a deal.  Jets at 2-2 are position just fine from a record perspective.   But watching them play you can see what they are...The teams with the better QB's will almost always rise to the top.  

Those are the teams that have a shot of making noise in the playoffs.

All this tells me is that the Jets are the only team you watch.  These teams are all laying eggs and getting bailed out.  The Chiefs are 4-0 and they sure don't look invincible.  I will agree that the Jets played a horrible game Sunday.  Almost as bad as possible and they still should have won.  This bullsh*t about being sloppy and unprepared?  Sure they looked that way.  So do most teams.  I was hearing it when they Jets were among the least penalized teams.