Who should the Jets give up in potential Davante Adams deal?

JetNation

Cannot wait for Davante Adams 4 catch 58 yards contributions to this albatross of an offense. The new Mike Williams is the same as the old Mike Williams.

Fix the offensive line. If Breece and Aaron are not feeling pressure then the WRs we have will shake off coverage easily. New rules fully favor the WR being open after 2 seconds. You see it all over the league every weekend.

The real problem is Keith Carter sucks.

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Cannot wait for Davante Adams 4 catch 58 yards contributions to this albatross of an offense. The new Mike Williams is the same as the old Mike Williams.

Fix the offensive line. If Breece and Aaron are not feeling pressure then the WRs we have will shake off coverage easily. New rules fully favor the WR being open after 2 seconds. You see it all over the league every weekend.

The real problem is Keith Carter sucks.

in terms of pass protection the o-line looked pretty good prior to last week. is it broken or did they have a bad game?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

in terms of pass protection the o-line looked pretty good prior to last week. is it broken or did they have a bad game?

History says his scheme and coaching is terrible. Yes, the talent is there to compensate, but they got beat handily by no-names last week. 

Let’s be honest, they aren’t good vs. SF and Ten either.

15 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

History says his scheme and coaching is terrible. Yes, the talent is there to compensate, but they got beat handily by no-names last week. 

vs SF they weren't good in the run game but the pass pro was pretty good. I honestly don't remember the Ten game too well for some reason but I can't say I remember protection being an issue. Certainly not like it was last week.

Can't argue with the scheme or coaching but talent outweighs coaching and it has shown for the most part. We'll see vs another blitz heavy D this week.

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Cooper-  you aren’t getting a wr coming in now( no training camp , no chemistry with qb, doesn’t know the play book,  and doing anything this year for that team.    Why d Adams is important to Jets because he has chemistry with qb, know the plays , and won’t take that long to get up to speed.     For a win now team cooper makes no sense this year but would be good addition for next year.         Raiders set the price it will take to get him second and other things . They don’t get them , there is no need to trade him . Help anyone.  What is he going to do sit on sidelines and not play.    After this year d Adams has all the power . Not this year.    You’re paying his salary - inactivate him all year.    Have a whole month before the trade deadline .    See if some playoff teams loses star wr.     Rather trade him to NFC .  

thats OK wilson has no chemistry with him now! 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The pass protection has been good in every game besides the Broncos game, where it was dreadful. 

The running game is a different story. 

The Broncos defense also currently ranks 3rd in yards allowed per game (behind Tennessee and us!). 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Not a bad idea considering they’re both on one year contracts and are similar players.

That was my thought. 

Williams is younger, cheaper, and would be at best a #3 here but for starters would be immediately demoted to #4. Basically he'd be really expensive injury insurance. 

They could move Lazard instead, but I don't think he has the same value. He has more value to whichever team is starting Rodgers than he has to the other 31 teams. IOW I think Vegas would be more interest in Williams than Lazard, and the Jets wouldn't notice as much of a dropoff for this one season. 

Oh, and also if Vegas doesn't re-sign or extend him, Williams would factor into the comp pick formula (depending on how much he gets from someone else if signed before the 2025 draft). 

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I do think a 3rd is the highest anyone should give up given the age and contract however; there is a ton of pressure on Douglas to make this trade. You can't hire Hackett to get Aaron Rodgers then have Rodgers take a pay cut to add talent around him and not land his BFF Davante Adams after he demands a trade and says he wants to go to the Jets.

He has to get it done. Interesting negotiating he has in front of him, wouldn't you say @jgb

I’ll say this — avoiding getting fleeced when your interest is not only known but borderline desperate is when pro negotiators make their bones.

Adams could lend a major assist, if so inclined… as I understand he has a no-trade clause and can leverage that.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

That was my thought. 

Williams is younger, cheaper, and would be at best a #3 here but for starters would be immediately demoted to #4. Basically he'd be really expensive injury insurance. 

They could move Lazard instead, but I don't think he has the same value. He has more value to whichever team is starting Rodgers than he has to the other 31 teams. IOW I think Vegas would be more interest in Williams than Lazard, and the Jets wouldn't notice as much of a dropoff for this one season. 

Oh, and also if Vegas doesn't re-sign or extend him, Williams would factor into the comp pick formula (depending on how much he gets from someone else if signed before the 2025 draft). 

apparently it's been a little difficult for the jets receivers, besides lazard, to find chemistry with rodgers.  i'm not sure if it's a real or perceived notion.  the receivers, wilson, conklin, gipson, etc., have gone through two training camps with rodgers so just what more do they need?

3 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL

Offer them a day 3 pick and Reddick.

"Sources tell Steelers On SI, the Raiders are looking for a "significant player" on top of a draft pick."

D Adams has no money guarantee on next year contract.   You trade for d Adams you’re going to have to give him a new deal .  That’s not before you have to pay the Raiders price. 

1 hour ago, jgb said:

I’ll say this — avoiding getting fleeced when your interest is not only known but borderline desperate is when pro negotiators make their bones.

Adams could lend a major assist, if so inclined… as I understand he has a no-trade clause and can leverage that.

D Adams doesn’t have no trade clause .  He does have little leverage as next year contract has no guarantees.   So his contract going to have to be reworked, and he’s not going anywhere unless he gets an extension.   FIRST a team has to agree with the Raiders on compensation, and next they have to sit down with d Adams and come up with a new contract.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Raideraholic said:

D Adams doesn’t have no trade clause .  He does have little leverage as next year contract has no guarantees.   So his contract going to have to be reworked, and he’s not going anywhere unless he gets an extension. 

Thanks for clarifying

3 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

D Adams doesn’t have no trade clause .  He does have little leverage as next year contract has no guarantees.   So his contract going to have to be reworked, and he’s not going anywhere unless he gets an extension. 

So your tune has changed on accepting that Davante will be traded.

The five stages of grief of losing Davante after the entire summer of saying its not going to happen are denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance.

You are on the last step, Good for you.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The Raiders would not pay that salary for a non difference making DT.  Are you crazy?  Hes not worth a quarter of what he is making.

Jets offer him straight up the Raiders would take him without a doubt.  The Jets would never offer him so it’s immaterial.   Jets ever lost q Williams you would see how fast your defense decline.  Fact 

7 minutes ago, Claymation said:

So your tune has changed on accepting that Davante will be traded.

The five stages of grief of losing Davante after the entire summer of saying its not going to happen are denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance.

You are on the last step, Good for you.

Things change .     Losing Malcolm Koonce before the season first game threw a monkey wrench in their season.   MAXX Crosby getting hurt ( high ankle sprains)  the following week in Baltimore .     Also the friction between Antonio pierce started in preseason when antonio pierce said that every player will play in the preseason regardless who they are if healthy .   D ADAMS said he prefer he didn’t play in preseason .  Pierce said he would play.   D Adams gets mysterious hurt that week in practice and doesn’t play.    Next d Adams clearly wanted A OConnell to be the Qb - he’s accurate and anticipates very well ( throws well before Wr out of his break).   Best for d Adams game. The Raiders name G Minshew ( Jimmy G vibes again) starter .    Right there probably singled his end.         

A pierce is defense coach he doesn’t understand top receivers are all divas .   You have D Adams he’s not going to block .  A Pierce called him and other players without naming them in embarrassing loss to panthers. D ADAMS dropped a couple passes in that game.    That they all  made business decisions.( didn’t name players)     Speculation d Adams and Jack  jones were the players he was  talking about.     J jones they benched in first quarter for darnay holmes who the Browns picked on to go up 10-0 .   Put j Jack in they pretty much shut them down. D Adams claimed he pulled his hamstring and didn’t play the following week .   A pierce told him to his face, and MAXX Crosby supposedly did the same thing and d Adams walked out and wanted a trade.      That’s why a Pierce like tweet that d Adams probably played his last game in Vegas.     Than D Adams people set up the k Adams interview. Where he makes like he the victim when he was the guy who didn’t  asked the day before to be traded.    
players are all behind A pierce, and don’t need players that aren’t all in. 

4 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

If possible, I'd wait another 2 weeks for his hamstring to heal before making the deal.

That way they save 2 weeks of salary against the cap.

No point in having him on the roster while he can't move.

His hamstring is fine .  Just like the preseason Antonio pierce said all his players would play regardless of who they are if they were healthy.  D Adams said he didn’t want to play in the preseason.  A Pierce said if he’s healthy he’s playing.   D ADAMS got hurt in practice that week and didn’t play in the preseason.  Was out there the following week 100% .