We need to be sellers, not buyers

Many are eager to turn this season around. I believe Woody should prevent Joey Dog from trading assets; instead, we should concentrate on the future by accumulating picks, not discarding them. Aaron Rodgers is not the solution for this team; we certainly shouldn't overpay for declining veterans.

I would prefer to see either of these players traded before contract extension issues arise:

1. Breece Hall for a 1st or 2nd round pick would be a bargain. We already possess one of the youngest players to score a touchdown on Allen.

2. Sauce for two 1st round picks. Despite his lackluster year, he will command a significant salary to re-sign. It's best to trade him while his value remains high.

We should aim towards the future and forget about the short-term splurge without dividends. 

• Thumb Down 5
  • WTF? 3
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 5

4 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Many are eager to turn this season around. I believe Woody should prevent Joey Dog from trading assets; instead, we should concentrate on the future by accumulating picks, not discarding them. Aaron Rodgers is not the solution for this team; we certainly shouldn't overpay for declining veterans.

I would prefer to see either of these players traded before contract extension issues arise:

1. Breece Hall for a 1st or 2nd round pick would be a bargain. We already possess one of the youngest players to score a touchdown on Allen.

2. Sauce for two 1st round picks. Despite his lackluster year, he will command a significant salary to re-sign. It's best to trade him while his value remains high.

We should aim towards the future and forget about the short-term splurge without dividends. 

Lock, dump, ban

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Bronx said:

You are an absolute insufferable human being why do you post when everything is a complete negative spin on just about everything? 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Dude I think we are 2-2. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, slats said:

Whenever I’m looking to improve a football team, I always look to unload their best players first. 

Best?  How is Hall the best RB on the team? Be objective, since you like to be condescending as a mod.  

• Haha 2

Just now, Bronx said:

Best?  How is Hall the best RB on the team? Be objective, since you like to be condescending as a mod.  

I like to be condescending, period. I just happen to be a mod, and you’re easy to condescend towards. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, slats said:

I like to be condescending, period. I just happen to be a mod, and you’re easy to condescend towards. 

Mod Model Behavior Institute Graduate, Besides, anyone can be condescending behind a keyboard. I think they call these people internet warriors.  There will be chance to meet at a tailgate in the nearest future.  

27 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Keep sauce, get Devonte, trade Garrett… 

• Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 1

4 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Mod Model Behavior Institute Graduate, Besides, anyone can be condescending behind a keyboard. I think they call these people internet warriors.  There will be chance to meet at a tailgate in the nearest future.  

Flexing Major League Soccer GIF by Sporting KC

32 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Make the run this year - go for it - you never know.

But there's a very good chance we're going to have a new GM, new HC and they're going to want to draft a QB early.  -Trading players and future picks will be necessary to move up for one.

So I don't think you're necessarily wrong - just this should happen this off-season.  Trading away a 4th rounder for Adams is worth the risk.

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Trading away a 4th rounder for Adams is worth the risk.

There will be multiple picks, Reddick, etc. We will overpay for a great player during his prime, which is behind him.  Don't forget, we are filling the roster with AR's buddies and so far, it has not paid off.  The most disgraceful part is that we are stuck with incompetency such a Hackett and all the ex-Packers.  

Joe Douglas and Saleh are AR's puppets. 

6 minutes ago, Bronx said:

There will be multiple picks, Reddick, etc. We will overpay for a great player during his prime, which is behind him.  Don't forget, we are filling the roster with AR's buddies and so far, it has not paid off.  The most disgraceful part is that we are stuck with incompetency such a Hackett and all the ex-Packers.  

Joe Douglas and Saleh are AR's puppets. 

I don't mind giving up Reddick as he's not playing for us anyway.  But anything more than a 3rd would be dumb.  4th is probably the appropriate value though - but I can live with a 3rd.  I would like to watch a playoff game and I believe this team will be in playoff contention - even if not a legit SB contender.  

But then again I thought we were getting Rodgers for a 4th (considering the circumstances that seemed generous) so you may very well be right.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't mind giving up Reddick as he's not playing for us anyway.  But anything more than a 3rd would be dumb.  4th is probably the appropriate value though - but I can live with a 3rd.  I would like to watch a playoff game and I believe this team will be in playoff contention - even if not a legit SB contender.  

But then again I thought we were getting Rodgers for a 4th (considering the circumstances that seemed generous) so you may very well be right.

Don't we lose a 3rd on Reddick's trade as well?  I believe the Raiders are seeking multiple picks from the Jets. 

56 minutes ago, Bronx said:

This may very well be a conversation in the offseason, but it’s not happening in season. Robert Saleh and Joe Douglas are almost certainly getting fired. You let the next HC and GM evaluate what he wants to do with these guys. 

• Upvote 1