JD Will Not Survive This Season

1 hour ago, Icer said:

Woody seems to think this is a stacked roster that's underachieving. Unless he's just spouting PR lines, it sounds like he is in favor of the job JD has done so far.

I think its best to pair a coach with a new gm, so this isn't an endorsement. Just my observation

Hopefully we're lucky and Woody is surprisingly actually smart enough to simply know that's the narrative getting spewed around this team currently, while this now puts JD in position to finally be held accountable for the first time in 6 years over these next 3 months.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Came here to post this.  There was always a universe where Joe Douglas kept his job and Saleh lost his.  It’s clear that the decision makers who run this team believe in the roster, as constructed.  The coaching has been a question mark for a while now.

Yeah I'll probably keep posting it over and over again. Coaching has been a problem throughout the league very hard to find somebody that's disciplined, passionate, motivator and knows the ex's and O's. A bit impossible frankly even Andy Reid needed a defensive coordinator.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Counterpoint: Woody Johnson doesn’t know a ******* thing about the sport of football

Jaw-dropping that people are assigning some rational explanation for all this. Woody has owned the team for almost 25 years and never once fired a coach in-season. Now he does it five games into a season because he believes in this roster so much? Because there were one too many gaffes at the podium? Rodgers told him to do it.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Counterpoint: Woody Johnson doesn’t know a ******* thing about the sport of football

Maybe he just read the reviews of all the sportscasters and analyst throughout the sport.  I think even  Belichick made a mentioned about all the options this team has on offense

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Nah. JD extension at end of the season. This team is too talented to miss the playoffs. They will make the playoffs and depending on how the team gets there stick with Ulbrich and fire Hackett. 

*this is not an endorsement of JD. It’s just how I see it going. 

jd sucks donkey dick....that roster was a result of high picks in draft because of not being able to field a 500 team yet.  bringing ar in was equivalent of daddy bailing out his sons business that has no business being in business in 1st place.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

If a QB puts up 30 TDs in a season the failure of the team is not his fault. (Unless he throws 30 ints). The run game sucking isn’t a fault of the QB with 30 TDs. 

I just don’t understand.

Actually it is. The QB is supposed to make the run game by keeping teams off the LOS. Rodgers isn't  playing bad, he just isn't  very good. 

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Hate to break it to you but this teams fortunes are totally tied to Rodgers who looked great against a crappy Pats and equally bad against Denver and the Vikes. I think the guy washed up

Denver and Minn are the top two blitzing teams avging over 40%. our OL cant handle that. the rest of the teams on our schedule dont blitz like that. Rodgers is still good if he has time to throw. 

14 minutes ago, doitny said:

Denver and Minn are the top two blitzing teams avging over 40%. our OL cant handle that. the rest of the teams on our schedule dont blitz like that. Rodgers is still good if he has time to throw. 

You don’t think that those other teams will have worked out, like you have, that blitzing Rodgers and the Jets OL is the way to beat us?  

I agree with you though about AR8, I think he ca still be good 

2 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

I’m surprised that so many fans are still bullish on the Jets chances to make the playoffs. I can’t help but think that Buffalo destroys us on Monday and embarrasses our defense. It would be the ultimate egg on our face to have fired Saleh and then see the defense collapse. 

This is probably the most likely outcome if we are honest, although it’s not unusual for struggling teams to get a ‘new HC bounce’ 

4 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

You don’t think that those other teams will have worked out, like you have, that blitzing Rodgers and the Jets OL is the way to beat us?  

I agree with you though about AR8, I think he ca still be good 

i think they will blitz more but not dramatically change their defense to do it almost half the time.

Buffalo for example is the least blitzing team at 12%. i think they will go up to 20-25%. 

• Upvote 1