If Breece Hall in now terrible...

He's not terrible.  Never was.

He's just another victim of the current blame-shift we're seeing with the Jets.  

Rodgers, the O-line, Hackett (especially) and JD get free passes, Hall and Wilson, our two best players, get sh*t on.

One, because everyone has a hardon for Devonte Adams.

The other because Allen is a solid pairing RB whose style has been better behind our trash-tier O-line.

• Upvote 1

I've been saying this all season long.

Hall has not looked right the entire season, he has lacked that extra gear, that burst of speed that he ran with his first 2 seasons.

I noticed it right away, in the San Francisco game and if anything it's gotten more noticeable over the last couple of games.

Carter may take some responsibility for the run-blocking scheme, but Hall has looked slower, there is no 2 ways about it.

I don't know if he has some nagging injury, but he clearly is not the same runner that he's been, the last 2 seasons.

Braelon Allen should be getting an increased workload until Halls gets his legs back underneath him again.

• Upvote 2

He literally started the season by fumbling the ball in San Fran territory and handing them free 3 points.  He's been terrible in the pass game too.  He's been, very very bad this season but obviously the OL/TE's/blocking scheme is not doing him any favors.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, JiFtheOracle said:

He literally started the season by fumbling the ball in San Fran territory and handing them free 3 points.  He's been terrible in the pass game too.  He's been, very very bad this season but obviously the OL/TE's/blocking scheme is not doing him any favors.

Terrible in the pass game because Rodgers is awful. Terrible in the run game because the OL hasn’t been good and they’re running on predictable running downs. They should be using the pass game to open up the running lanes but they’re can’t do that because Rodgers is bad and they constantly put themselves into 3rd and unmanageable. 

3 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Hall has not looked right the entire season, he has lacked that extra gear, that burst of speed that he ran with his first 2 seasons.

Jets fans and the fantasy community are in denial on the amount of tread left on halls tires 

• Sympathy 1

• Gastineau Lives changed the title to If Breece Hall in now terrible...
7 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Terrible in the pass game because Rodgers is awful. Terrible in the run game because the OL hasn’t been good and they’re running on predictable running downs. They should be using the pass game to open up the running lanes but they’re can’t do that because Rodgers is bad and they constantly put themselves into 3rd and unmanageable. 

All this is true and so is, Breece Hall has been very bad.

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Jets fans and the fantasy community are in denial on the amount of tread left on halls tires 

@bitonti

Hall has definitely looked like he's lost a step this season, that extra gear he had in year 1 & year 2 has been missing.

That said, if you're implying that Hall is already nearing the end of his NFL career in just his third season, I'd be inclined to disagree with you, particularly since his first season was cut short.

• Upvote 1

The O line was allegedly upgraded in the offseason, but honestly I Blame Hacket for the most predictable play calling in the NFL. In the New England Game (granted New England) Rogers came out passing first three plays and then went to the run. Rogers needs to hit his tight ends quick off the snap! Conklin is a solid TE and can barrel through a D for Yards after the catch!. 

It is very obvious that Rogers and Wilson are not on the same page, whos fault not sure yet! Do i think Bringing in Adams will cure all the problems....no, but will take heat off Wilson and Smith. But like everyone said, if we can't run the ball effectively we are gonna be in for a long season. 

I will always and forever believe that it is all up front. If they can't block, which they have not been able to, you can't run and you certainly cannot throw downfield which they haven't either. It's all scheme and OL effort. We had a HC that had absolutely no idea how to scheme his players strengths to the opponents' weaknesses, and an OC that looks like Sargent Englehart cheerleading in "The Longest Yard" with Brucie's "black guys".

2 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

@bitonti

Hall has definitely looked like he's lost a step this season, that extra gear he had in year 1 & year 2 has been missing.

That said, if you're implying that Hall is already nearing the end of his NFL career in just his third season, I'd be inclined to disagree with you, particularly since his first season was cut short.

at Iowa State Breece Hall had 800 touches over 36 games (3 years) that's 23 touches a game 

in three years he's had another 484 NFL touches and a pretty bad injury 

the average career length of all NFL players is less than 3 seasons. RBs is the lowest of those, less than 2.5

I'm not saying Breece is "washed" like Aaron is but there's a reason why they drafted 2 RBs in the mid rounds 

and there's also a reason why most teams won't use a high second on a player like Breece Hall 

the candle that burns brightly etc. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

He's not terrible.  Never was.

He's just another victim of the current blame-shift we're seeing with the Jets.  

Rodgers, the O-line, Hackett (especially) and JD get free passes, Hall and Wilson, our two best players, get sh*t on.

One, because everyone has a hardon for Devonte Adams.

The other because Allen is a solid pairing RB whose style has been better behind our trash-tier O-line.

Rodgers is getting a free pass ???? Are you serious ? he made it clear himslef he didnt play well and left plays on the field. In both games (Den/Minn) I personally can point to Rodgers and say Hey Aaron no matter how bad the team played (and yes that obviously contributed) you had the ball in your hands to win those games an you didn't get it done. Rodgers is no doubt one of the greatest players and QB's in NFL history but no matter how good you are you can't constantly be in those situations vs good defneses and win consistently especially when you are getting used to an entirely new situation. If you remember as should everyone Brady didnt start off too good in Tampa and that SB team did not get rolling until the second half of the season so as Jets fans we just need to be patient they will figure this out. 

22 minutes ago, bitonti said:

at Iowa State Breece Hall had 800 touches over 36 games (3 years) that's 23 touches a game 

in three years he's had another 484 NFL touches and a pretty bad injury 

the average career length of all NFL players is less than 3 seasons. RBs is the lowest of those, less than 2.5

I'm not saying Breece is "washed" like Aaron is but there's a reason why they drafted 2 RBs in the mid rounds 

and there's also a reason why most teams won't use a high second on a player like Breece Hall 

the candle that burns brightly etc. 

that average career length stuff is interested but also needs to be understood in context. Beside WRs, teams churn through the most RBs at skill positions in camp and taking UDFA fliers on. That grossly distorts that average. My guess is RBs taken in first 2 rounds average 6 years at least.

The 3 TEs are in the bottom 10 TEs in the league for run blocking. Both OTs are getting whipped.  The QB checks to the same 2 runs. The play calling is predictable and there is little to no motion, eye candy or misdirection. 

yeah Hall sucks lol