Will Corley Play This Week?

Will Corley Play This Week?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Will Corley Play This Week?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 10/13/2024 at 11:46 PM

I read that the Dallas Cowboys are trying out Mims and other wideouts.  We either used this draftee or package him for a later round pick if he is not going to be utilized.  If we realize that he is useless, get him out of the facility and stop dragging the process.  There is no need to hold on to players that are not fit.  If you made an executive decision that has not produced dividends, then move on as fast as you can from the issue.  Quit procrastinating and be more diligent in your decision-making process. 

15 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

New HC, new offensive play caller. Will they shake up the game day roster? I get the impression they want to bring a more physical brand of football to game day.

100% will play and get targeted. Will he have any catches? I really don't know. 

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Maybe they can make him our blocking TE and never throw to him.

or cut the losses and promote another TE from the PS.  When is Yeboah returning from IR?  I hope that Ulbrich doesn't allow mistakes unnoticed.  Bench the player and make a statement! 

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Maybe they can make him our blocking TE and never throw to him.

I'm quite anxious to see what Corley brings to the table. Let him play and let's see what we've got. God you drafted him high enough and he's not a QB so let's do it. 

4 minutes ago, Bronx said:

I read that the Dallas Cowboys are trying out Mims and other wideouts.  We either used this draftee or package him for a later round pick if he is not going to be utilized.  If we realize that he is useless, get him out of the facility and stop dragging the process.  There is no need to hold on to players that are not fit.  If you made an executive decision that has not produced dividends, then move on as fast as you can from the issue.  Quit procrastinating and be more diligent in your decision-making process. 

You want to trade a rookie 5 games into the season? Never pictured you as guy who has played way too much Madden. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Bronx said:

It feels like the Groundhog-Mims Day all over again. 

I get it but Mims actually looked ok when he got here and the time line was much longer. But, you may be right in a sense, because Mims could not learn the route tree and Corley was more of a scheme open kinda guy, so he likely has to polish his routes. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Folks seem to be expecting a whole new team and system.

I expect most of the same, same D and same players and system, slightly different O but same players and system.

I expect passion, aggressiveness, positive attitude, and players who come to play.  I haven't seen that last week from the offensive line, who are a tried and tested group.  There is no excuse for the lack of ability to even open up a hole that we can't get 3 yards on a single running play.  

Yes, same players, but if they can't get it done, then maybe a few of them will be shown the bench.  Can't do any worse.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bronx said:

its only 5 games. the kid is probably not ready yet.  

who cares if he sits the whole year if thats what it takes. he is a 3rd rd pick. not the 3rd pick in the draft.

5 games, Jesus guys, give the kid a chance to develop. not everybody who doesnt play right away is Denzel Mims.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Bronx said:

He has YAC capability and we are playing a form of the west coast offensive. He should be given a shot in place of Gipson at WR to see if he adds more to the O than Gipson does before we cut the guy loose without knowing for sure. We can’t keep throwing away high draft picks since we spent what a 3 rounder on him and not at least try them in a game situation especially if this offense doesn’t start humming/producing consistently.

I feel that we A LOT draft WRs that can’t grasp systems and such. How can we not spot this in pre draft visits and stuff. Be able to tell there football IQ and such. Seems especially at WR we draft in talent and then hold our own back by saying they aren’t ready quite yet. Which normally means they aren’t grasping things yet. And we know the talent is there… it’s just the mental part isn’t. Is this on Jefferson our WR coach? The OC having the scheme too hard to understand? I’d say Rodgers is at fault for this but he wasn’t even here when we drafted guys like Mims and Moore that didn’t get as much PT as they should have. So that eliminates that.

It shouldn’t just be that we need to spend a top 10 pick on a WR that start then and use them.

20 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I feel that we A LOT draft WRs that can’t grasp systems and such. How can we not spot this in pre draft visits and stuff. Be able to tell there football IQ and such. Seems especially at WR we draft in talent and then hold our own back by saying they aren’t ready quite yet. Which normally means they aren’t grasping things yet. And we know the talent is there… it’s just the mental part isn’t. Is this on Jefferson our WR coach? The OC having the scheme too hard to understand? I’d say Rodgers is at fault for this but he wasn’t even here when we drafted guys like Mims and Moore that didn’t get as much PT as they should have. So that eliminates that.

It shouldn’t just be that we need to spend a top 10 pick on a WR that start then and use them.

Agreed. We haven’t had a good offensive coaching staff that either identifies the players they need OR can adapt their system to players’ strengths. 

Last year Hackett didn’t play Hardman because he didn’t like how he ran routes. Well why did the GM sign a player you don’t like???

2 minutes ago, jetsfan4life72 said:

Agreed. We haven’t had a good offensive coaching staff that either identifies the players they need OR can adapt their system to players’ strengths. 

Last year Hackett didn’t play Hardman because he didn’t like how he ran routes. Well why did the GM sign a player you don’t like???

True. Nothing we don't know though. We know we don't have a play caller that can get creative to get different talents the ball in different ways.

You see Reid do it with no matter who's his weapons in KC, Shanahan in SF, I'd say McDaniel in MIA if they had a QB, McVae in LA, etc.

We don't have that. And I still don't think we do with Downing. But I hope we're wrong.

In reality it starts with the OL. It makes it hard to get creative and keep teams off balance if you can't get push in the run game to set up the pass and play action to open up creativity.

So Downing's 1st job rather than just thinking magically we should use Corley more or take shots down field more. Is to call out Carter the OL coach who he's known for awhile. As well as hold the OL to a high standard. There should be nothing wrong with telling Tyron to his face that you're a HOF LT. Play like it. AVT you're a 1st round OG. Play like it. Tippman you were the 1st C drafted in a draft. Play like it, Simpson we paid you. Play like your salary says.