Question for the board

JetCane

So, i come home, take off the tie and jacket, and slip on my 1998 NYJ AFC East Div Champ T-shirt.

When do you think will be the next time we can buy such a garment?

You can answer too, Tx.

So, i come home, take off the tie and jacket, and slip on my 1998 NYJ AFC East Div Champ T-shirt.

You can answer too, Tx.

what happened to the 2002 AFCE champs???

Funny you mention that, I came home from work do work in my yard, and my wife comes out to help me. She's comes out side wearing that same shirt of mine. I told her, "why are you wearing that shirt, the next time I'll have another chance to buy something like that it could be 2018."

You can answer too, Tx.

You have a job? Go figure!

:cheers:

You guys really buy Division Championship shirts? Wow, I quit buying super bowl championship shirts after the second one. Then again, I probably own more Patriots Super Bowl shirts than the Jets do division titles. :Nuts:

You guys really buy Division Championship shirts? Wow, I quit buying super bowl championship shirts after the second one. Then again, I probably own more Patriots Super Bowl shirts than the Jets do division titles. :Nuts:

Right about now I'd settle for an 8 - 8 shirt.

This draft set the stage for the future of the AFC East for the next few years. Pats had an amazing draft and still have Belichick and Brady, they are staying in first place. You want to make a big deal about the kicker fine, maybe the won't win 3 Super Bowls again but they are winning the AFC East the next 2-3 years in a row barring a freak injury to Brady.

I hate the Dolphins but they are in a much better position than we are. The defense is pretty good and they have a core on offense with Culpeper, Ronnie Brown and Chris Chambers. I don't see us finishing ahead of them in the next few years barring some freak occurrence.

Bills sucked last year, this year, and the year after and the year after that. That franchise is going nowhere except to LA.

Looks like 3rd place finishes the next three years boys. Maybe a wildcard if we're lucky.

Looks like 3rd place finishes the next three years boys. Maybe a wildcard if we're lucky.

Hey Pete, anyone ever tell you what a downer you are?

Stop ruining my off season!!!!!!:Cuss:

All the negative JET fans must look to the one shining beacon that can save us all from the empty, lonely battle against the dark lords of depression...............HERM'S GONE!!!!!

Hey Pete, anyone ever tell you what a downer you are?

Stop ruining my off season!!!!!!:Cuss:

All the negative JET fans must look to the one shining beacon that can save us all from the empty, lonely battle against the dark lords of depression...............HERM'S GONE!!!!!

Nah. You're reading him wrong.

Now that he has predicted 3 staright 3rd place finishes, I feel veru confident that we will be contenders in 2007.:rolleyes:

Unless we find a way to stop the run quickly, I'd say 2008.

My one disclaimer is that this division is getting tougher than it's been the last couple of years. If that trend keeps going, we're going to have to get a LOT better to win anything.

Also, while I think he'll be ok, NONE of us know what kind of game coach Mangini will be. We'll find that out this year.

I still don't see why everyone believes Miami is going to be some kind of powerhouse in 2006. Their 2005 was nothing special. Most of their wins were eked out (look at the final scores). FG's go the other way and they're 5-11 in 2005.

From 2005 to 2006 they've changed as follows:

• An immobile Daunte Culpepper and/or Joey Harrington
  • Ronnie Brown having no Ricky Williams to spell him for entire possessions (or entire games if injured again)
  • Will Allen or a rookie replacing Sam Madison
  • Jason Taylor (32yo) & Zach Thomas (33yo) - still excellent, but each is a year older. Kevin Carter is also going to be 33 in September & Keith Traylor turns 37.
  • Rookies: Jason Allen (however talented will have rookie lapses), Joe Toledo (is a project so far), Rodrique Wright (will miss the season), WR's are nothing special.

This team reminds me of the 2003 Jets.

This team reminds me of the 2003 Jets.

It kills me to say it but...

QB: Upgrade from Sage -> Dante

RB: Upgrade from RB (Rookie) -> RB (second year)

D: Upgrade to top talent CB

If Dante and Chambers come into their own, this could be a team that puts up a lot of points and their defense is still good enough to keep teams below 20 pts.

The Dolphins could be the team to beat in the AFCE.

BZ

It kills me to say it but...

QB: Upgrade from Sage -> Dante

RB: Upgrade from RB (Rookie) -> RB (second year)

D: Upgrade to top talent CB

If Dante and Chambers come into their own, this could be a team that puts up a lot of points and their defense is still good enough to keep teams below 20 pts.

The Dolphins could be the team to beat in the AFCE.

BZ

QB: Sage only started 1 game last year. Culpepper is certainly a better talent than Frerotte, but he didn't show much without Randy Moss before getting hurt last year. And he's going to miss a whole lot of camp time with his new receivers.

RB: We'll see. Ronnie Brown was ok as a rookie, but he wasn't carrying the whole load either. RB's don't need the same "grooming" as other positions.

D: As a rookie I don't think Jason Allen will be better than Sam Madison was last year. Eventually he could be great. The rest of their D is getting up there in years.

During their late surge, they barely beat the Jets & Bills. If a few FG's didn't go their way & they ended up 6-10 last year would anyone who doesn't live in South Florida be picking them to take the AFCE?

Their 2005 was nothing special. Most of their wins were eked out (look at the final scores). FG's go the other way and they're 5-11 in 2005.

Spermy, do teams get 1 and a half wins if they win by 30 points versus only winning by 3 points?:eek:

True dat. Ramsey will get it done - just a hunch.

T-shirt question - my answer is:

What did that kid tell John Abraham in that commercial?

i thought i was the only one who remembered that commercial....

and if memory serves me correctly...the kid says we'd win another superbowl, nothing about afc-east champ, in 2007

hmm.....

The Dolphins are no power house, per se, however I think they'll give the Pats the best, actually make that only, competition for the division title.

The Jets and Bills will play them both tough as always, but I just can't see either team winning on the plus side of eight.

That said, the AFCE is still the weak link (or at least 2nd weakest) division at this point.

Archived