More Herm classics

JetsMan57

I am so relieved this clown is gone I am gonna go make myself a lemonade. Looks like the play not to lose mentality will be on full force when the chiefs get a lead. Herm says they will not worry about building on their leads. Yikes. Thats a great strategy maybe if you have the steel curtain defense... What a buffoon.

------------

Source: KCChiefs.com

New coach Herman Edwards expects the Chiefs to be more conservative in 2006.

Q: What do you mean by saying you are going to do things differently in running the ball?

EDWARDS: "Just in different scenarios in the game, we're going to play the game a little differently. The game will dictate who we play and how we play. I'm not saying we're going to just exclusively run the ball, but if you look at us last year we threw about 523 passes and ran the ball about 505 times, somewhere in that vicinity. I anticipate if we're playing with a lead, we're going to run the ball more than we did last year and not worry about continuing to try and get a 17 point lead. I think at times when you're in games, especially on the road, you have to be able to run the ball if you're going to win on the road in a hostile environment. That's how you take care of your opponents. When you go on the road, you run the ball and control the clock. I think we have a great offensive line, we've got a heck of a running back and there's going to be times when we need to pound it a little bit more."

Q: So the offense is going to change?

EDWARDS: "Yeah, a little bit. You might not see as many passes, but at the end of the day the object is to win the game and the object is to play together as a unit. Sometimes your offense has to protect your defense. You can't always go three-and-out and put your defense back on the field. You'd like to have your defense fresh in the fourth quarter and the way they stay fresh is you collectively, offensively, control the clock. You control the clock when you run and pass. We have to be able to do both."

---------

Wait it gets better. Look at this genius answer.

Q: How about the offense centered around LJ this year?

EDWARDS: “The offense is the offense. The offense is centered around how you move the ball. As Hank Stram said a long time ago, ‘we need to matriculate the ball down the field.’ And how you do that is how you do it. Every week is different. Sometimes it’s running the ball more than you throw. Sometimes it’s passing more than you run and hopefully we run it more than we throw. If we can do that we’re controlling the clock, which is controlling the game and you’re not getting the QB killed.”

THe offense is the offense? Thanks Herm. Wonderful insight. And Im guessing that the defense is the defense maybe?

"How you do it is how you do it?" Marvelous.

Herm thinks passing the ball will get the QB killed. O..MY..GOODNESS.

Someday they will talk about Larry Johnson the way they speak of Bo Jackson. About how great he was. And the things he could have done.

Bo was hurt by baseball and a bum hip. Larry's downfall will not be of his own doing.

I am glad everyone has seen the light on Herm. We have been saying it for years. It just seems like people are finally listening.

:rolleyes:

did the Chiefs do anything to their offensive line in the offseason?

No, Herm is just scared to throw the ball. He thinks only bad things happen. Looks like he is still shell shocked from what happened to Chda last year and he'll be more conservative then ever.

Someday they will talk about Larry Johnson the way they speak of Bo Jackson. About how great he was. And the things he could have done.

Bo was hurt by baseball and a bum hip. Larry's downfall will not be of his own doing.

I am glad everyone has seen the light on Herm. We have been saying it for years. It just seems like people are finally listening.

:rolleyes:

what? dude you were one of the biggest herm lovers ever. remember that sig u had about winning the SB?

what? dude you were one of the biggest herm lovers ever. remember that sig u had about winning the SB?

LOL.

I have been throwing out these subtle Herm lines for the past 2 weeks. Just needed proof that someone reads my posts!

;)

Oh and good catch. Herm is going to win the Super Bowl here. After they bring him back in like 10 years. You wait. He will prove me right! :P

If I were a Chiefs fan I would find this quote very disturbing.

I anticipate if we're playing with a lead, we're going to run the ball more than we did last year and not worry about continuing to try and get a 17 point lead.

If I were a Chiefs fan I would find this quote very disturbing.

I anticipate if we're playing with a lead, we're going to run the ball more than we did last year and not worry about continuing to try and get a 17 point lead.

:eek: :eek: :eek: that's a pretty disturbing comment right there. I never noticed this talk much with my jethomer glasses on. I think it can be safely said that this apple didn't fall from the belly tree

I anticipate if we're playing with a lead, we're going to run the ball more than we did last year and not worry about continuing to try and get a 17 point lead. I think at times when you're in games, especially on the road, you have to be able to run the ball if you're going to win on the road in a hostile environment. That's how you take care of your opponents. When you go on the road, you run the ball and control the clock. I think we have a great offensive line, we've got a heck of a running back and there's going to be times when we need to pound it a little bit more."

:rl: :rl: :rl:

"Hey you've tried it your way - putting points on the board. Now you're going to try it MY way: NOT putting points on the board. Our defense would be better served protecting a 7-point lead than a 17-point lead."

Archived