Giants Chiefs Game

vanDoug

Hoim's cover who was in mid-season form. THey couldnt cover a friggin soul. Giants had their way with the Chiefs on 3 possessions.

Kyle Turley is actually their starting LT? O MY.

I agree this team is going to be bad, really bad. I hope everyone rethinks taking Larry Johnson high in their fantasy draft this year.

I'm amazed that Damon Huard is still in the NFL. He has thrown for 1600 yards in 9 years! 9 TD & 8 INTS.

Kiwanuka just made a nice play

Holy crap. Rob Johnson is playing for the Giants. Am I watching a game from 1999?

There is no depth in the NFL at the QB position.

How does one of the most explosive offenses in FB suddenly only amass 110 yards of total offense?

Yep. Herm just took one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL and lead them to zero points. In a preseason game.

From ChiefsHuddle.com (www.chiefshuddle.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17401):

---------------------------

geez, if i was a coach and all i head was will LJ break the record and Herm saying were gonna pound the rock i'd be playing run on first and second down too....

I know it's preseason, but play-calling SUCKS so far.

COME ON HUSTLE..... sheesh, everybody acts like they have jet lag....

Nice. It's easy to gameplan against this Chiefs defense. Run at Hicks.

Why are we playing so soft in the secondary?

Im just starting to wonder if this cover 2 is going to work out. Thus far we have been worse defensively than we were last season.... Or at least I think. We gonna get shut out tonight:(

Wow, 2 Straight Defensive penalties, way to Raider it up Chiefs

The D looks sleepy, tired, confused and still can't tackle.

This is embarassing. I'm scared (IMG:style_emoticons/default/scared.gif)

this d needs to go back to fundamentals pronto seriously.

I don't post here often, and I realize it's only pre-season... but, this is kind of what I expected, when we hired Herm.

I live in NY, and saw the Jets periodically over his years here.

He never impressed me, and I always thought he actually hurt the Jets.

He talks a good game, but when it comes to producing... expletive deleted.

I know people look at he got the Jets into the playoffs, but you had to be here to see what was really happening.

So, I was depressed when we signed him.

Man, I hope I'm wrong... and that it's pre-season & everything will straighten out. But the Jets always started the season slow, and I hope that's not what's in our future.

I need a drink...

I'm really going to hate it if you're--and myself, Jonas, Tempest, others--are right about Herm

Sorry, that wasn't my intent... just blowing off steam.

I'll tell ya, my friends that are Jets fans, were dancing when Herm left.

And I'm not looking forward for tomorrow, when I start getting the razzing.

I may have to get some kind of business card that says, "it' only pre-season," because I'll be saying that a lot,

in the next day or so.

Time for me to go & chill...

Just walking right down the field. Guys this has to get better....Missed int's, missed tackles and the Chiefs are making the Giants look like a SB bound team which I know isn't going to happen. The Chiefs act like they aren't even trying.

Law says they aren't doing anything serious

- I just heard that WTF...What are they waiting on?!?!?!?!

- I want to believe this, and I'll try to for now. But one thing Ive noticed about the NFL in general is that there is a lot of stretches of the truth by teams when they aren't doing well at times. He says they're getting a feel for playing together, well.... They are out there together, I dont know if I'd call what the first team defense did 'playing'...

I would hope when the season starts we actually plan on getting in recievers faces and not making room for them to catch balls.

Our offense is a delicate thing, folks. The shifting and motion aspect only works when a defense *genuinely* can't guess what the O is doing. Run-Run-Pass-Punt, and like minded ostrich offenses don't jive with that strategy. KC is a great running team, but this is still a pass-oriented offense.

(No one ever seems to want buy that)

I don't post here often, and I realize it's only pre-season... but, this is kind of what I expected, when we hired Herm.

I live in NY, and saw the Jets periodically over his years here.

He never impressed me, and I always thought he actually hurt the Jets.

He talks a good game, but when it comes to producing... expletive deleted.

I know people look at he got the Jets into the playoffs, but you had to be here to see what was really happening.

So, I was depressed when we signed him.

Man, I hope I'm wrong... and that it's pre-season & everything will straighten out. But the Jets always started the season slow, and I hope that's not what's in our future.

I need a drink...

Is this your work Sperm?

I have no compassion for KC. They decided to hire a cheerleader as their HC. They will win 8 or 9 games this year.

nope. Not my work. I would take credit for it if it was. Though I found a board where one of our boys is relishing in I-told-you-so's:

http://wildbill.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=10331

if the corners are going to give a 10 yard cushion.. then our pass coverage will suck as well. Law should be playing tighter and not as loose..

yes our Dline sucks...Reed and Edwards are no better than Sims and Dalton.. Krumrie i thought was working these guys but i guess that was a bunch of bull from people who said otherwise.

Yeah it's that great cover 2, where our LB's read and react and our DB's keep everything in front of them. SO instead of a team scoring on us in 1 minute, they now have to wait four or five to drive down the field and score on us.

Pre-season or not, we look like S%^$. No excuse for this game. JA getting man handled by Bob again is ridiculous. We have no D-line or O-line, LB's do not look at all comfortable in this defense. Our corners are two of the best pressers in the league and on 3rd and short they're playing ten yards off. Looking forward to an early draft pick next year.

i love what Law just said.. they are not playing up to the potential they can be because they want to stay healthy?? please. YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!@!

(From Bugg):

"Is it just me, or does the team already look "gased" in the second quarter?"

You folks are the fans of a great and storied franchise.You have a shot with this talent.

You have talent-wise one fo the best offenses in football. It's about to be destroyed by a "man" who knows nothing about offense and thinks any drive that ends in a kick is just dandy. He doesn't get stringing7 3rd downs is very diffcult when you run the ball every down, that scoring is damn important and that his vaunted Cover Who has never been confused with the '85 Bears.

But Carl Peterson has hired a dolt for your head coach. I don't know what Edwards thinks you'r supposed to do in training camp. When you heard all this gibberish about how great camp was,how fresh everyone is, blah, blah, blah, you should know you're in trouble. God onl;y knows what Edwards is thinking or doing. It's isn't getting an NFL team ready for opening day. And I saw the same ___ for 5 years you're seeing tonight. When everyoen says how great it is not to work out in hats&pads, notice how poor the blocking and tackling are.

You've been sold a bill of good that's beyond defective. I write this not in pity, but in shock. I cannot for the life of me figure out why anhyone would hire this babbling charlatan. He's a complete buffoon. You guys from what I've seen on this board know winning foorball. Edwards is going to piss the bed and get his pals in the media to write the excuses(which is why he's still talking about Roaf well after the HoFer has said he's retired). he probably fire a few assistants, which he led the NFL in doing while in NY.

Tonight's a preview, and it will get worse.

Bugg - As I said in a past thread - it's a shame that we've got nothing with which to refute your statements. We just don't.

It's funny - I said the same thing: What exactly does Herman do in camp? They ARE out of shape. They DO NOT execute crisply. Even the offense. This is as veteran a group as you can have in today's league. They look like they're improvising on a sand-lot.

It will be interesting to hear what Herman has to say after the game....although I don't think I will be listening.

(Bugg again – this is getting hysterical)

Game's on here in NYC. See much that's familiar- 10-yard cushions for no apparent reason, offenses that play like they met in the parking lot at a tailgate, missed tackles galore, lousy blocking-been there done that.Edwards points back at Tampa, but they never won anything, he wasn't the DC and the DBs(like Ronde Barber, et al) were as much a product of Rich Mckay drafting a great defense as anything Edwards did. Big probelm with the Cover WHo-when you sport a front 7 like Tampa had, sure, the DBS play great-QB has zero time. When you don't have Sapp, et al in their primes and there;s several seconds for a QB to get the pass off, guys will get open, and moreso with that cusion. The real scary thing about the Cover WHo is that you can practically hear the gears in the guys' head spinning ebcause it's so read and react rather than just react. Instead of doing gusy are thinking about their roles. It's counterintuitive and usually countrproductive. Unitl Donnie Henderson took over, it never really worked here.

Wow! They didn't improve on one thing on my to do list. If anything they set new lows. Everything looked bad. Really bad. I never jumped on the Edward wagon, now I know why. Gave him props, but training camp isn't the game. This is as loose a ship as I've seen. Every phase looks out of whack. This hurts to see, this game hurt to watch.

I went to the game with a Giants fan friend of mine. We found 2 tickets, $10 each, 19 rows from the field in Sec.119 and had a good time. Stayed until the end of the 3rd and left because there was no point in watching the 4th Q scrubs. Loved being able to scream "I HATE YOU HERM!" "YOU SUCK HERM, YOU SUCK" throughout the pregame warm-ups and so.

Tiki Barber is going to have another outstanding season this season. Boy was he on tonight as usual.

Had some fun with those guys. They've been writing all this "Herm's a defensive guru and disciplinaran" gibberish for months. it's like watching a pal get serious with the town pump. You can now see that reality is smacking them in the face.

Barber's an interesting case, because age-wise he's approaching the wall Martin's hitting right now. Question becomes if he gets a career extension physically past that age wall since he was barely a full time player at the start of his career. Another thing I like about him-adopted a whole new way of carrying the ball to cut down on fumbles mid-career and it's mostly worked. And yet I haven't heard of anyone copying him. Time will tell. I think the Giants are in a less-than-great division, but I'm not at all sold on Manning. they may be in the NFC playoff pciture, but I don't see them doing very much if they get in.

I watched a decent part of the game and what did I learn ?

The Chiefs have been infested with "Hermites".

Sluggish offense. Defense that is having that doesn't look like it has a clue where to play. Yup seen it before.

Week 1 Predicition: Rudi Johnson +200yds rushing against the Chiefs.

They (Chiefs fans) seem to be figuring out Herm a lot faster than I did. Good luck KC, your talent ALONE should squek you into the playoffs, but your oline could give you a losing record.

The Chiefs talent is overrated. Wont go through it player by player, ill just say their OLINE is in shambles and you need say no more.Their left tackle couldnt play left tackle 5 years ago in his prime. Now they have Turley playing LT 3 major back surgeries and 20 pounds lighter later. Its a recipe for disaster.

Defensively Herm still doesnt understand that you can dominate play after play playing the basic cover 2 defense only you have 6 allpros as they did in Tampa. The Chiefs do have some talent on defense, but not enough to run that system. You saw it again lastnight, Eli had all night and day to dissect the cover 2 because the pass rush just wasnt there and a secondary cannot cover for very long in a cover 2. Just doesnt work. The Chiefs dont have the pass rush to make it work and their DTs are average at best.

The Chiefs are going to win 6 games this year. Maybe.

Archived