Sons dilema

JETSFAN5180

My son age 14 heavily into sports excells at all 3.Recently has been hinting to me that he is maybe thinking of changing his NFL team. Since an infant hes been dressed in Jet gear,attended his first home game at age 4.Talked about inheriting the season tickets.Knows the history from the beginning,Has seen dad laugh and cry over the Jets.Has decorated his room with Jets stuff.Owns numerous jerseys.

On a recent trip to the mall he was eyeing up Vince Young,Reggie Bush,Chad Johnson,Brian Urlacher,Steve Smith jerseys.I said its up to you its ok i understand.He replied i know i just dont want to jump on somebody elses bandwagon so the team i pick will be close to the Super Bowl or at least a contender and at least make the playoffs. OUCH I then realized WOW we are that bad.We have really no players destined for stardom other than Vilma?

Whats wrong with this organization? How did this happen? Frustrating to say the least.Well its weeks before the opener and my son is still a Jet fan for now.Hes a strong tough kid who has good values and is very reliable and trustworthy.He may buy another teams jersey but my feeling is he will still be a Jets fan.

My son age 14 heavily into sports excells at all 3.Recently has been hinting to me that he is maybe thinking of changing his NFL team. Since an infant hes been dressed in Jet gear,attended his first home game at age 4.Talked about inheriting the season tickets.Knows the history from the beginning,Has seen dad laugh and cry over the Jets.Has decorated his room with Jets stuff.Owns numerous jerseys.

On a recent trip to the mall he was eyeing up Vince Young,Reggie Bush,Chad Johnson,Brian Urlacher,Steve Smith jerseys.I said its up to you its ok i understand.He replied i know i just dont want to jump on somebody elses bandwagon so the team i pick will be close to the Super Bowl or at least a contender and at least make the playoffs. OUCH I then realized WOW we are that bad.We have really no players destined for stardom other than Vilma?

Whats wrong with this organization? How did this happen? Frustrating to say the least.Well its weeks before the opener and my son is still a Jet fan for now.Hes a strong tough kid who has good values and is very reliable and trustworthy.He may buy another teams jersey but my feeling is he will still be a Jets fan.

only one thing left to do for you-cut him out of the will if he does

He's a kid, he's bound to do stuff like that. Hell, I was a Raiders fan when I was a kid. The last thing you want to do is force a team down his throat. He'll pick a different team just to spite you. I never once forced the Patriots on my kid while my wife's family forced the Broncos on him. Guess what team he likes right now? Yep, the Patriots.

you can't let him do it man....explain to him what it's like to be a sorry ass bandwagon jumper and point out all the people in the mall who are wearing Pats gear who were Cowboy fans in the 90s and some of the older ones who liked the 49ers before that.

He's a kid, he's bound to do stuff like that. Hell, I was a Raiders fan when I was a kid. The last thing you want to do is force a team down his throat. He'll pick a different team just to spite you. I never once forced the Patriots on my kid while my wife's family forced the Broncos on him. Guess what team he likes right now? Yep, the Patriots.

Words to live by, everyone needs to make their own decision about their team to become a true fan. There's just no other way.

i find the whole story pretty hard to believe. the way you were whining like a school girl about TGG the other day i figured you for no older than 12 or 13.

Whatever im not asking for your approval of my post.Leave the TGG additude where it belongs.You figured wrong.

Show us all dont be a coward.Did you find a way to edit them like the good ole boys taught you.Speaking of pms STOP sending them to me im not into men.

Go ahead and get me banned. I've done nothing, and you'll look like an ever bigger idiot.

And there it is, all unedited.

Note to 117 and 5180 --

Guys you apparently hate each other from something that happened at the gang green. I would tell you guys to take it to PM but apparently you have done that. Here is what you need to do next:

1. Go into your User CP and put each other on ignore.

2. Also set it up so that you can't receive PMs from each other (PM me if you don't know how to set that up).

Going forward we will just delete these fights. Nobody should have to be banned -- just stop the fighting and talk football.

Note to 117 and 5180 --

Guys you apparently hate each other from something that happened at the gang green. I would tell you guys to take it to PM but apparently you have done that. Here is what you need to do next:

1. Go into your User CP and put each other on ignore.

2. Also set it up so that you can't receive PMs from each other (PM me if you don't know how to set that up).

Going forward we will just delete these fights. Nobody should have to be banned -- just stop the fighting and talk football.

Jeez, you could probably take the fun out of a wet dream as well.....

;)

I never once forced the Patriots on my kid while my wife's family forced the Broncos on him. Guess what team he likes right now? Yep, the Patriots.

:cough:bandwagon:cough:

----

Seriously though -- So what? I like Vince Young too. The guy spanked USC all by himself, he's a football GOD (at least until he proves otherwise)... Doesn't mean I'm not a Jets fan. Hell, I even kind of like the Eagles (my boy Brian Westbrook representin' the alma mater and all...), but I always keep in mind what my #1 is.

:cough:bandwagon:cough:

----

Seriously though -- So what? I like Vince Young too. The guy spanked USC all by himself, he's a football GOD (at least until he proves otherwise)... Doesn't mean I'm not a Jets fan. Hell, I even kind of like the Eagles (my boy Brian Westbrook representin' the alma mater and all...), but I always keep in mind what my #1 is.

:) Busted. I remember it well, back in '91 I was like. "Alk, those Patriots look like a team that's going places."

I understand your problem and my best advice would be to sit your son down and give him a good talking to. Let him know that you support his decision to root for a winner and then give him one of these.

http://www.onthefield.com/prodimg/ACF20F.jpg

:P:)

He may just be going through a Smizzy faze...ya know...buying other teams jerseys because he likes the player on that team, not the team, yet still being a huge Jets fan.

I own jerseys of non-Jets, never wear them, but I did when I was a Sophmore in High School I went through that faze but still remained 110% loyal to the Jets. I had a Chad Johnson jersey as well as a Clinton Portis...I now only wear 1 non-Jets jersey and that's Pat Tillman.

No-one in my house would have ever considered switching loyalties. I don't get that. How do you stop becoming a fan? Or a fan of more than one team? Liking or tolerating other teams, but a "fan" is something else. Besides, my Dad would have locked me out in the dead of winter without a coat and said, "Make like the Jets are playing in Green Bay." Hehehe.

Archived