Jeter is.......

JonEJet

at stealing bases, yes

at everything else, not a chance

Similar slugging, Reyes has a ton more steals, Reyes has 68 RBIs as a lead off, Reyes has 1 less error, less strikeouts, 17 more runs scored... It's not as close as you think.

Reyes is hitting .397 with men on and 2 out (71 AB).

Jeter is hitting .380 with men on and 2 out (73 AB).

Jeter is hitting .390 with RISP (123 AB).

Reyes is hitting .333 with RISP (114 AB).

Jeter is hitting .388 with RISP and 2 outs (49 AB).

Jeter is hitting .418 with RISP and 2 outs (55 AB).

Both are very, very good this year. Jeter just gets on base more.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Similar slugging, Reyes has a ton more steals, Reyes has 68 RBIs as a lead off, Reyes has 1 less error, less strikeouts, 17 more runs scored... It's not as close as you think.

Reyes is hitting .397 with men on and 2 out (71 AB).

Jeter is hitting .380 with men on and 2 out (73 AB).

Jeter is hitting .390 with RISP (123 AB).

Reyes is hitting .333 with RISP (114 AB).

Jeter is hitting .388 with RISP and 2 outs (49 AB).

Jeter is hitting .418 with RISP and 2 outs (55 AB).

Both are very, very good this year. Jeter just gets on base more.

and how are they hitting overall? .339 vs .300

and as mentioned, Jeter gets on base more

and look at stolen base %, Jeter may only run half as often, but he gets caught less as well

and how are they hitting overall? .339 vs .300

and as mentioned, Jeter gets on base more

and look at stolen base %, Jeter may only run half as often, but he gets caught less as well

He gets caught less percentage wise because he doesn't run as much.

Memo to all Yankee fans saying terrible things about David Ortiz at this point...

THIS IS YOUR FIRST AND LAST WARNING...

I am taking notice, and if the hideous attacks on the lone savior of MLB dont cease and desist immediately, and if Max doesnt delete all of JonEJinx's posts from this thread...

Lou Gehrig & Thurmond Munson are about to feel my wrath!

Watch yourself wiseass

I have a home in Tampa....son't make me come down there and shove those words down your throat

The Big Gorilla has been my nickname for him all season

So what you are saying is you were a racist before today.

Memo to all Yankee fans saying terrible things about David Ortiz at this point...

I am taking notice, and if the hideous attacks on the lone savior of MLB dont cease and desist immediately, and if Max doesnt delete all of JonEJinx's posts from this thread...

Got Maturity?

Watch yourself wiseass

I have a home in Tampa....son't make me come down there and shove those words down your throat

Ooh, another internet tough guy. And this one's rich! Let me guess. You're dating a model, and you drive a Ferrari. Of course, you only drive it to your private jet.

The White Aryan Resistance must be paying well.

Hey, Jeter's having the best year of his career. It's because of steroids.

Derek Jeter: .339/.415/.897

Jermaine Dye: .327/.392/1.042

Jeter: 12 homers, 83 RBIs, 93 runs, 27 SBs

Dye: 39 homers, 106 RBIs, 87 runs, 7 SBs

Jeter: Men on, 2 outs: .375, 1 HR, 28 RBIs

Dye: Men on, 2 outs: .343, 8 HR, 37 RBIs

Let me guess, if Dye was a Yank and Jeter was a ChiSox, you guys would still have Jetes as the MVP lock? :rolleyes:

Watch yourself wiseass

Youre not going to do anything, ya fat f*ck! Stop trying to be an internet tough guy...after you weaseled out of the JBF-vs-JonEJinx charity JetNation boxing match last year, you dont have a leg to stand on here anymore,

Ooh, another internet tough guy. And this one's rich! Let me guess. You're dating a model, and you drive a Ferrari. Of course, you only drive it to your private jet.

The White Aryan Resistance must be paying well.

Hey, Jeter's having the best year of his career. It's because of steroids.

Oops...sorry, I didnt know you already owned JonEJinx, Thor.

Or was this a case of you "pwning" him?

Youre not going to do anything, ya fat f*ck! Stop trying to be an internet tough guy...after you weaseled out of the JBF-vs-JonEJinx charity JetNation boxing match last year, you dont have a leg to stand on here anymore,

Get back in your hole, little weasel

I asked to meet you at Yankee Stadium....and didn't hear from you in weeks

Now go think up some more bull****

Bottom line....Big Papi is the Big Gorilla to me

No Racism intended...as a matter of fact I don't have a racist bone in my body....that is except for douches such as BlowSux and Thor

This thread has gone crazy! It saddens me, really. Call eachother POS's, the D-word, dip-sh*ts, whatever......but lets keep race and antimsemtics out of it, please.

I heard something awful on the news this morning. Not sure how reliable it is....but Jon Lester is having his enlarged thyroid glands checked for cancer? :eek:

Could the season have gone BOOM! any worse for the Sox this year? It's not even funny anymore.

Derek Jeter: .339/.415/.897

Jermaine Dye: .327/.392/1.042

Jeter: 12 homers, 83 RBIs, 93 runs, 27 SBs

Dye: 39 homers, 106 RBIs, 87 runs, 7 SBs

Jeter: Men on, 2 outs: .375, 1 HR, 28 RBIs

Dye: Men on, 2 outs: .343, 8 HR, 37 RBIs

Let me guess, if Dye was a Yank and Jeter was a ChiSox, you guys would still have Jetes as the MVP lock? :rolleyes:

Troll, do you even have to ask?

Even in a great season the Yank fan over rates him.

http://www.tsl.pomona.edu/index.php?...=1375&issue=49

Jeter is having his best season ever. Contending for the batting title. Hitting with RISP, great SB pct, his usual very good defense, and several clutch hits. He can beat you a lot of ways. Last night for example. Despite the Yankee loss, it was Jeter who tied it with a double and then stole third to allow him to score the go ahead run on a soft ground ball. The man is one of the best all around players in baseball and NOBODY in MLB has more hits than Jeter since the day he came in the leage. That being said....there are sevearal other players with comprable/better numbers than him. This doesn't mean he should win the MVP, but if he didn't I don't see how you can argue the case. Jermaine Dye is very deserving IMO but he doesn't play for a team that outdraws every other team in MLB so his exposure is not the same. This season there is no clear cut MVP so to say Jeter deserves it, or Dye deserves it, or Mauer deserves it is just pointless. Lets focus on what has to be done for Jeter to add WS ring #5 and the rest can take care of itself.

Here you go Blackout-Sorry to interrupt your hero worship with a little facts. Enjoy living on teh dark side of the moon, with the selective news "blackouts"

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2004/12/02/MNG80A523H1.DTL

giambi* is far from my hero, however grand jury testimonies are kept private for a reason

until that testimony is made public by court, it is not considered fact

giambi* is far from my hero, however grand jury testimonies are kept private for a reason

until that testimony is made public by court, it is not considered fact

Then, why do you consider the "rumors" that Bonds used steroids as a fact?

Because there aren't pinstripes on his uniform, I'm guessing.

Then, why do you consider the "rumors" that Bonds used steroids as a fact?

Because there aren't pinstripes on his uniform, I'm guessing.

Does Giambi* have a book written about his steroid use? Does Giambi* have a mistress writing a book about him taking steroids and abusing her? Does Giambi* Does Giambi* have a personal trainer who's been locked up twice for not snitching on him?

Does Giambi* have a book written about his steroid use? Does Giambi* have a mistress writing a book about him taking steroids and abusing her? Does Giambi* Does Giambi* have a personal trainer who's been locked up twice for not snitching on him?

Did Giambi* use steroids?

YES!

During his testimony, the 10-year veteran described how Anderson had begun sending him several different performance-enhancers, including a batch of injectable testosterone, "the cream" and "the clear." Giambi also testified that Anderson had advised him about the use of the human growth hormone he had obtained at the gym in Las Vegas.

So yes Blackout you Homer, Giambi does have a personal trainer who's been locked up.

Jeter is having his best season ever. Contending for the batting title. Hitting with RISP, great SB pct, his usual very good defense, and several clutch hits. He can beat you a lot of ways. Last night for example. Despite the Yankee loss, it was Jeter who tied it with a double and then stole third to allow him to score the go ahead run on a soft ground ball. The man is one of the best all around players in baseball and NOBODY in MLB has more hits than Jeter since the day he came in the leage. That being said....there are sevearal other players with comprable/better numbers than him. This doesn't mean he should win the MVP, but if he didn't I don't see how you can argue the case. Jermaine Dye is very deserving IMO but he doesn't play for a team that outdraws every other team in MLB so his exposure is not the same. This season there is no clear cut MVP so to say Jeter deserves it, or Dye deserves it, or Mauer deserves it is just pointless. Lets focus on what has to be done for Jeter to add WS ring #5 and the rest can take care of itself.

Good arguments:

Dye will get votes, as will AJeter, and Ortiz, even if he does not play another game in 2006. There are severla others who deserve mention, including Mauer, Hafner, and possibly Moreuno from teh Twins.

Similarly, one can argue that MO is having his 2nd best season ever. I can see a senario, wher Santana, Burhele, Halliday and Wang each do not win 20, and cancel each other out in the Cy Young voting, and MO sneaks in and wins it.

Very unlikely, but possible.

I'm Jewish little boy

I wish I was a little boy, because I could change my life.

I could start drinking milk and working out, that way I would grow up to be as big and strong as JonE.

I would also start paying attention in school, that way I could get a great job and be as rich as JonE.

It's a shame how I wasted my life. If I could do it all over again, I would be just like JonE.

PS. Newsflash, Jews can still be racist.

Why the hell is this guy not even banned yet?? (other than for everyone else's entertainment)

Who the hell is that? Is he on your all time team with Fred Gwynn?

Why the hell is this guy not even banned yet?? (other than for everyone else's entertainment)

Here is why I am not banned...people come here every day because of me! Max knows that I make this forum what it is:

THE BEST BASEBALL FORUM ON A FOOTBALL MESSAGE BOARD ON THE NET.

Oh, and because I am one of the only posters ever to come here and not set off a racial blast. Not many of you can say that anymore.

Oh, and JonEJinx, I will absolutely meet you any time, any place, with relaible witnesses from this board...not your gutless butt-buddies...and we can box 3 rounds for bragging rights of JN.com.

Trust me, I will mop up the floor with you, I've seen your pics. Youre a sweaty fat b@stard, youre not in the kind of shape I am...I run 5-6 miles per day.

In fact, bring Bob_the-Yankee_homer with ya, I'll mop up the floor with that little turd for a warm-up.

Oh, and JonEJinx, I will absolutely meet you any time, any place, with relaible witnesses from this board...I run 5-6 miles per day.

In fact, bring Bob_the-Yankee_homer with ya, I'll mop up the floor with that little turd for a warm-up.

Don't kid yourself law school dropout....I'll smack the **** out of you

I;m sure I;ll see you this fall...then you can show me how fast you can run the 40 too

During his testimony, the 10-year veteran described how Anderson had begun sending him several different performance-enhancers, including a batch of injectable testosterone, "the cream" and "the clear." Giambi also testified that Anderson had advised him about the use of the human growth hormone he had obtained at the gym in Las Vegas.

So yes Blackout you Homer, Giambi does have a personal trainer who's been locked up.

steroid supplier and personal trainer are different

Bonds* spend countless hours training and working out with Anderson

Your statement tells me that Anderson dealt Giambi* drugs

Quick question. Why is calling Ortiz a Gorilla racist ? I've heard Canseco called a Gorilla with a toothpick many times. Where do you make that leap of racism ? This is coming from a hispanic male who isn't white.

I don't know

apparently being overweight and bulgy got mixed up with someone assuming it was because of his skin color

which is closet racism itself

Archived