SI Vote

Maxman

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you realize that SI can tell if macros are polling votes,,

very very easy,,

they may well end up throwing out macro voters and award to site that didnt use them...

know who would that be?

TGG at 2%?

SI accomplished their goal. They got people talking about them. Brilliant move on their part. I will be happy if they run the retraction as I have requested and print our name in the magazine properly. That would be good. As far as the voting goes it looks like the winner will have to get like 3 million votes, lol.

you realize that SI can tell if macros are polling votes,,

very very easy,,

Maybe, but I somehow doubt it. It's been very poorly run. joke.com was obviously cheating and maybe someone cheated for us too. Really no way to know.

Obviously the whole thing was doomed from the start, due to the competitiveness of Jet fans.

If it had been run properly, they would have used IP addresses and/or cookies to limit multiple voting.

Maybe, but I somehow doubt it. It's been very poorly run. joke.com was obviously cheating and maybe someone cheated for us too. Really no way to know.

Obviously the whole thing was doomed from the start, due to the competitiveness of Jet fans.

If it had been run properly, they would have used IP addresses and/or cookies to limit multiple voting.

thats how they tell.. they all capture IPs and they all have a simple program that shows multiple IPs that come in at scheduled intervals,,

question is does SI care?

thats how they tell.. they all capture IPs and they all have a simple program that shows multiple IPs that come in at scheduled intervals,,

question is does SI care?

They don't care. They know people are voting repeatedly from the same IPs, but they just don't give a damn.

The actual number of people who have voted in this thing is probably like 200 or so.

by the way, I'm convinced that some of their posters are mentally retarded. They claim we "admitted to cheating." Where is this, exactly?

And they claim there is no way we could have gotten so many votes, when they've been getting more! If anyone is cheating right now, it's them.

There is no proof of anyone cheating and I have no idea if anyone is, but people who live in glass houses should not throw stones. That's you, *****.com.

They don't care. They know people are voting repeatedly from the same IPs, but they just don't give a damn.

The actual number of people who have voted in this thing is probably like 200 or so.

yup,, agree

I would have thought all those $55 Premium members from JI would have put them over the top though

I will say this. 3 of the sites should be banned from the competition. NYJetsfan and Jetnation.com for getting insane vote totals. No way either of those #s are legit. JI should be banned for crying about falling behind in the voting when the tally was like 984 to 413.

I hereby award theganggreen.com the winner. They carry themselves with class. Something I refuse to do, lol.

I will say this. 3 of the sites should be banned from the competition. NYJetsfan and Jetnation.com for getting insane vote totals. No way either of those #s are legit. JI should be banned for crying about falling behind in the voting when the tally was like 984 to 413.

I hereby award theganggreen.com the winner. They carry themselves with class. Something I refuse to do, lol.

if u ever do i am outta here :)

Jets | SI Disqualifies 3

Tue, 5 Sep 2006 06:54:25 -0700

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports Sports Illustrated has disqualified Jetsinsider.com, JetNation.com, and NYJetsfan.com for undisclosed reasons. Thus awarding TheGangGreen.com the win.

Jets | SI Disqualifies 3

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports Sports Illustrated has disqualified Jetsinsider.com, JetNation.com, and NYJetsfan.com for undisclosed reasons. Thus awarding TheGangGreen.com the win.

That is good. People on other sites will probably believe that! :rl:

Jets | SI Disqualifies 3

When did SI finally spell JetNation correctly?

Jets | SI Disqualifies 3

:lol:

Just like the dude who claimed he and his friends from Dell were voting all night, there are people who will believe this. There are so many morons around...

By the way, you got JI's name wrong. :)

On the web about 10 minutes after the last print copy was mailed. Great day for us! Thousands of people are looking for a site that they think crashed.

#-o

Max, the real value of this is if JetNation wins the vote, teh site will be linked on the SI Homepage for Jet news. That would be tremendous exposure.

As long as they get the link right, the matter about an incorrect spelling in a printed sample will be irrelevant.

Max, the real value of this is if JetNation wins the vote, teh site will be linked on the SI Homepage for Jet news. That would be tremendous exposure.

As long as they get the link right, the matter about an incorrect spelling in a printed sample will be irrelevant.

I knew I should have written a voting macro! DOH!!!

?, i dont get the reference????

You said something about "being 'outta here" - so I bring up Politics to speed the process. ;)

You - politics = trouble

My sense of humor must be either too sophisticated or it just sucks. Which would put me in Max's company. That would stink.

Carry on....

You said something about "being 'outta here" - so I bring up Politics to speed the process. ;)

You - politics = trouble

My sense of humor must be either too sophisticated or it just sucks. Which would put me in Max's company. That would stink.

Carry on....

so thats two political posts by you now????

Hmmm,, I smell a trouble-maker,,

lets see if rules are same for Pats posters as jets posters ;)

Plus i stay away from Hilary jokes,, on a King of Queens episode saw Dougs car and it had a Clinton/Gore sticker..I dont want to offend our weblord...

Holy ****, almost a million votes total. I'm guessing that we have 1 computer cheating for us right now and NYJetsFan has at least 2. We only had around 80k votes, then it has jumped to nearly 400k in like 2 days, we got around 150k just over last night, NYJF got something like 250k. This is proof that we weren't cheating earlier when JI was crying about it, we would probably still be winning right now if it had been done from the start. :P

wow JN down by more than 100,000! wtf?

Jets Insider3f6991.gif5%40391 votesThe Gang Green3f6991.gif2%17848 votesJetNation.com3f6991.gif37%314481 votesNYJetsFan.com3f6991.gif56%470367 votesTotal: 843087 votes

they're cheating like mad. And for all they accuse us of cheating, it doesn't seem to be doing much for us, does it?

Whatever. That site just annoys the hell out of me with its members that are so quick to flame JN and make stuff up.

The whole poll was a farce from the start, whether we were winning or losing. I just should've realized that from the beginning and not expended effort and energy on it.

they're cheating like mad. And for all they accuse us of cheating, it doesn't seem to be doing much for us, does it?

Whatever. That site just annoys the hell out of me with its members that are so quick to flame JN and make stuff up.

The whole poll was a farce from the start, whether we were winning or losing. I just should've realized that from the beginning and not expended effort and energy on it.

The funny thing is that I think they have less members than us! It's all good in my book.

If you ain't cheatin' you ain't trying!

Archived