Ride The Lightning

Maxman

Tx,

I took that sentence a completely different way. They lost because of the flag on Miller. i.e. because of the penalty. I don't think he meant they lost because of the incorrect call. But JetMo can chime in with his own opinion.

Regardless -- flag or no flag -- I think Peyton was going to score one way or another.

Then I read it wrong it that was what JetMo meant.

If the Jets defense holds the Colts on that last drive, the Jets still win the game despite the penalty.;)

If the Jets defense holds the Colts on that last drive, the Jets still win the game despite the penalty.;)

With the respective rosters on these 2 teams. If that game was played 100 times and you give the ball to Peyton with 2:20 to go and decent field position I would say the Colts win 98 times.

2 times Harrison would trip or the refs would make a bad call. But right now that is not a good spot to be in.

What inevitably did us in was the obligatory phantom call that everybody that has played Peyton Manning and the Colts, is familiar with. A 4th quarter PI call on Justin Miller gave the Colts a fresh set of downs in the Jets red zone, and inevitably the lead.
This is pulled right from the article. Jet Moses is one of my favorite posters here, but this claim is ridiculous. Miller was grabbing all over the receiver. I don't think you'd find a ref in the NFL that wouldn't have thrown that flag. Unfortunately it was the right call.

What did us in was Payton Manning. There isn't a team in the NFL that would have stopped that drive.

Originally Posted by Max

Tx,

I took that sentence a completely different way.

The article clearly states, and I quote:

"What inevitably did us in was the obligatory phantom call..."

I must agree with my-choke-gag-cough-esteemed colleague-gag-Tx-cough.

I think I need to lie down now.

If not for an unorthodox call (onside kick in the first half), Indy would've gotten out to a 10-0 or 14-0 lead & people would be ripping Mangini a new one the way they did Cowher last year for doing the same thing. So you can't gloss over a ballsy call that worked perfectly and then, when he does another ballsy one vs a point-scoring machine like Indy, rip him as though he was retarded.

Good job JetMo.

Am I the only one that remembers when that lady fell out of Lightning Loops and died in the 80s?

i think it was little boy that fell from there..and agirl got her hair caught in the back of FREE FALL and scalped her...

This is pulled right from the article. Jet Moses is one of my favorite posters here, but this claim is ridiculous. Miller was grabbing all over the receiver. I don't think you'd find a ref in the NFL that wouldn't have thrown that flag. Unfortunately it was the right call.

What did us in was Payton Manning. There isn't a team in the NFL that would have stopped that drive.

Booz & Jetcane,

Look's like we at least watched the same game.;)

i think it was little boy that fell from there..and agirl got her hair caught in the back of FREE FALL and scalped her...

I remember the girl getting scalped on the free fall and the lightning loops incident (although I thought it was a woman)!

The Jets played their guts out against the Colts and I was proud of this team -but the bottom line is the defense had two chances in the 4th quarter to stop the colts and Manning and was not able to finish them off.

The Jets played their guts out against the Colts and I was proud of this team -but the bottom line is the defense had two chances in the 4th quarter to stop the colts and Manning and was not able to finish them off.

The D didnt slam it shut.

Same thing happened against the Pats on that mammoth drive.

And they were shaky at the end vs Tenn.

I've been saying, this team has to learn how to CLOSE the game out.

They have to start better, and finish better.

The article clearly states, and I quote:

"What inevitably did us in was the obligatory phantom call..."

It was a BS call.

Manning was looking for the PI on 2nd down, and didn't get one. You know he said something to the ref, and then proceeded to throw the same exact pass to the same reciever who was on an island with Miller. Miller had his head turned around and was playing the ball (first time in his career, I think).

The call was made 7 minutes into the 4th quarter, when the score was still tied. The refs giftwrapped a set of downs in the Jets red zone with 8 minutes left in the game, and thats not what cost us the game? Are you kidding me? Millers KO return negated it, so I can see why some of you don't want to blame the call for the loss.

If not for an unorthodox call (onside kick in the first half), Indy would've gotten out to a 10-0 or 14-0 lead & people would be ripping Mangini a new one the way they did Cowher last year for doing the same thing. So you can't gloss over a ballsy call that worked perfectly and then, when he does another ballsy one vs a point-scoring machine like Indy, rip him as though he was retarded.

Good job JetMo.

Sperm, alot of fans were bitching Mangini should have went for the FG, because they "could have tied the game". But if he scores a TD there, they win the game.

We play to win the game, not tie it. Unlike the retarded predecessor, who talked the talk, but didn't walk the walk.

I agreed with you Monday morning that it was a BS call. :Typotux:

I was just weighing in that I agreed with Tx in his interpretation of what you wrote.

I hear ya. ;)

My final analysis is this-

Mangini was right to go for the TD and forsake the FG, because if he "settles for the FG" (what a cliche :rolleyes:), later on the Colts tie it up, and we all know what happens in OT, the Colts get the ball, score, and it's all over. Mangini had to go for the jugular in regulation. He scores that TD, and Miller gets his TD on the KO, and the Jets win that game, even with the BS flag on Miller and giftwrapped Colts TD.

I hear ya. ;)

Mangini was right to go for the TD and forsake the FG, because if he "settles for the FG" (what a cliche :rolleyes:), later on the Colts tie it up, and we all know what happens in OT, the Colts get the ball, score, and it's all over. Mangini had to go for the jugular in regulation. He scores that TD, and Miller gets his TD on the KO, and the Jets win that game, even with the BS flag on Miller and giftwrapped Colts TD.

JM,

That is all a very hypothetical situation.

What happens if the Jets take the 3 points and the lead, and then the defense comes up with some big stops?

See, it can work both ways.;)

I hear ya. ;)

I think if he kicks the FG, takes some points out of a very good drive, and takes the lead, the team is feeling good about it. Not getting any points was a real momentum killer. Miller got it back, but you dont know if that would have happened if we kick the FG, cuz everything changes everything.

Not to argue the issue anymore, but i will say that if I wasnt bustin balls on Mangin'is decision to forego the FG, Tx would have been all over it all week. So, it was either me or him being the protagonist on this.

JM,

That is all a very hypothetical situation.

What happens if the Jets take the 3 points and the lead, and then the defense comes up with some big stops?

See, it can work both ways.;)

But Tex, you Boozer, and Jetcane already stated that there was no way the Jets D was going to "come up with some big stops".

But they did just that- on the 3rd down where Miller got flagged. That was the stop they needed. Make them punt there, and the Jets win the game.

Sure, all of this is hypothetical, because every play changes everything. We don't know what would have happened if Miller isn't flagged-

I can only assume what would have happened base on everything that happened after that, assuming Miller isn't flagged.

Archived