Could PennyBoy Be Benched????

PatsFanTX

Was it a total abysmal performance? No. However, an asterik needs to be applied to it due to the game circumstances.

I'll agree with the asterisk. That's why I do not give him a "300 yard passing" rating for the game. I give him decent. I'm going to bed now. You guys can bash me and Chad all you want. Night, see ya tomorrow.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To take it even further all of the Pats losses except one (KC in 2005) were in games they were outrushed during the last two years which still posted an impressive 100 yards rushing.

PFKBITCH, grow up you still a look like a little nerd

after 4 years i would say it's safe to say we know what pennington can do. it remains to be seen what clemens is capable of and it would be a wasted season to finsish out of the playoffs and have no idea about clemens ability heading into next year. it could be 2 games, 4 games, or 8 games i really don't care but i want to see clemens get his shot.

you hit absolutely on the money man. and even if penny was doing great and we were winning we have to see what clemens can do. as a second rounder pick you have to put him in sooner ar later

you hit absolutely on the money man. and even if penny was doing great and we were winning we have to see what clemens can do. as a second rounder pick you have to put him in sooner ar later

I agree with that as well. Plus getting Clemens the experience could only help his developement.

If it is indeed true that Pennington could be pulled if he performs badly against NE, then you can bank on Ramsey starting against Chicago. Pennington hasn't even a decent game in New England since 2002.

September 17, 2006: 22 for 37; 306 yards; 2 tds and 1 int.

You and Tex can yell fluke all you want, but that's still a decent game.

Read my post again. I said IN New England.

why would you trade a QB as good as penny? You need a quality back up who will be the future QB..

Because being as good as Penny means you are mediocre, and you should aspire to be more than that. I'm not happy with the chance at sneaking into the playoffs every year as the final playoff team, and winning 1 game by upset before bowing out. One day, I'd like to be a Super Bowl team. Even Vinny gave us a better chance at that, and he's not even really that great. The guy wasn't a very good decision maker, but he was still a better option than Chad, which is really funny if you consider how many people claim arm strength doesn't matter.

To take it even further all of the Pats losses except one (KC in 2005) were in games they were outrushed during the last two years which still posted an impressive 100 yards rushing.

PFKBITCH, grow up you still a look like a little nerd

Calm down Francis. :rolleyes:

You are stating obvious. Here is another one. If your team turns over the ball more, they will probably lose. Plus, when they give up more points, they will always lose. :rolleyes:

I would have never thought of that. A QB with a running game is going to have more success. Wow. :jawdrop:

If your point is the only thing separating Chad and Tom is a running game and run D, you are sadly mistaken. If Chad was on the Patriots at the beginning of 2005 when the Patriots D sucked and Dillon was ineffective, we would have been 0-8.

Calm down Francis. :rolleyes:

You are stating obvious. Here is another one. If your team turns over the ball more, they will probably lose. Plus, when they give up more points, they will always lose. :rolleyes:

I would have never thought of that. A QB with a running game is going to have more success. Wow. :jawdrop:

If your point is the only thing separating Chad and Tom is a running game and run D, you are sadly mistaken. If Chad was on the Patriots at the beginning of 2005 when the Patriots D sucked and Dillon was ineffective, we would have been 0-8.

Point is great QB's win even without running games or run defense. Therefor Tom Brady is just another run of the mil QB like Trent Dilfer that needs defense and a running game to win.

PS - to the Jets nation staff. This tool is the reason I'm done posting here.

Later.

PFKBITCH - Go throw yourself on a grenade you little nerd.

Point is great QB's win even without running games or run defense. Therefor Tom Brady is just another run of the mil QB like Trent Dilfer that needs defense and a running game to win.

Later.

Nice to see Jet fans have thick skin.:eek:

Nice to see Jet fans have thick skin.:eek:

It's not about having thick skin. It's about the fact that this moron has no idea what he is talking about.

"Corey Dillon would never have rushed for the yardage he did without Brady" hahahahaha. Right because he never rushed for big yardage with guys like David Klingler at QB. He is a dumbass, and between his posts and yours it is just not worth posting here.

It's not about having thick skin. It's about the fact that this moron has no idea what he is talking about.

"Corey Dillon would never have rushed for the yardage he did without Brady" hahahahaha. Right because he never rushed for big yardage with guys like David Klingler at QB. He is a dumbass, and between his posts and yours it is just not worth posting here.

True dat.....diverse opinions are cool but blatant bs is just that....bs.

Speaking of thick skin....what pathetic chump called himself unbannable, received a 24 hr timeout and is currently on a pout strike?

Yep, tell us all about thick skin TX.

Read my post again. I said IN New England.

Now that's funny. I went through my whole tirade and you were just making a Chad's injury prone joke. He missed the '03 and '05 games and in '04 was fairly crappy 180 something no tds and no ints in a 13-7 loss.

How can you say that? He's 4-4 with the '06 NY Jets. Something tells me our D and running game might suck a little more than the Pats coming off a super bowl season.

Other than delusional, unrealistic blind faith, what leads you to that conclusion?

In 6 games against the Pats, PennyBoy is 1-5 with the following cumulative stats:

113/189, 59.7%, 1,273 yards, 6 TD's and 8 INT's and a whopping 72.9 QB rating.

So again, what leads you to think PennyBoy will have a good game on the 12th?

herm's leftover kool-aid.

Later.

RSherry -- Well I will be honest. After all of our conversations I would have expected a little more than having to read this a few days later in a thread.

And I do agree PF can be annoying. Taking an internet debate and turning it into a joke about someone dying in Iraq, well that it a bit much.

Had I seen this earlier, I would have locked it then.

Archived