Happy New Year, Jet Nation

Preston Howley III

Happy New Year, Jet Nation

Who's out there and available who's going to do a better job than Edwards already has, the only head coach in Jets' history to lead them to three playoff appearances in four years? But believe it when we tell you this: Edwards and his staff, none of whom is without faults, are what is keeping this franchise from being the laughingstock it was before Parcells took over.

Great job.

All Edwards ever did was b!tch about injuries, what guys couldn't do, how it was in Tampa.

Mangini's about what players can do and how best to get them ready and maximizing their ability.

POTWN.

Has any other coach in NFL history gained the playoffs twice in his pathetic career on the 3rd tiebreaker off 9-7? This lying corksucker was born with a wishbone up his rectum.

Great job.

All Edwards ever did was b!tch about injuries, what guys couldn't do, how it was in Tampa.

Mangini's about what players can do and how best to get them ready and maximizing their ability.

POTWN.

Has any other coach in NFL history gained the playoffs twice in his pathetic career on the 3rd tiebreaker off 9-7? This lying corksucker was born with a wishbone up his rectum.

He's like the Kramer of the NFL, only not lovable.

"[He] does nothing. Falls ass backwards into money. Mooches off his neighobors and has sex without dating. Now that, my freinds, is a fantasy camp."

-- George Costanza.

OK, I'll probably get stoned to death for this, but here's what I'm thinking. As a matter of fact, it's what I've been thinking since Herm exited, Stage Right, and I'm sticking by it. Herman Edwards is like an old High School boyfriend. You pocket a picture you had of the two of you in happy, gilded times. He talked a lot of nice stuff, some babbly teenage boy speak. He professes to love you, but leaves you without even calling for prettier, more "interesting" girls (translation: sluts and cheap whores). Out comes the Bic ballpoint pen from your knapsack/bookbag, and you scribble out his mofo face in a frenzied fit of teenage angst. Symbolic. Healthy. Therapeutic. OVER.

His time was up. He knew it. We knew it. He's gone. It was a cutthroat business decision. And football is a business. Edwards sought to do what he thought he had coming. Take that for what you will, but males that posture should understand that sort of thing. Rationalize to our advantage already. Edwards did us a favor by leaving. So thanks for that. And buh-bye.

See, I was never of the school that the mantle of blame belonged to one man. And I got skewered. By JetMoses, no less. But I forgive you. Hehe.

http://jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=307450&postcount=24

Don't forget that Edwards never gave young guys a chance to show what they could do. If Edwards was still here, Cotchery would be a #3, Leon Washington probably wouldn't have a carry. Dbrick might have been starting, yet Mangold would still be Mawae's backup. Bryan Thomas would still be a backup, yet get probably 10-12 starts because Abraham would be injured.

10-6 with Edwards? Right, itd be an entirely different starting line-up with Edwards here.

Edit: Forgot to say, JetMo that was a great read and you are quickly becoming one of my most liked posters here.

Back in the Old Country, anyone who spoke ill of the Clueless One got one of those very special "buck up" IMs from Soothie. Press passes, access and $55 a pop matter more to him than anything else. He's still selling it like soap, and don't bring up any facts that might hurt business.

Gotta come down one way or the other, Mark Canizzaro-either Tannebaum runs the Jets like a serious business or he allows other teams to pick their pocket. I remember that "Heimdinger-Day 7" crap. Whate exactly were the Jets suppsoed to do-allow assistants being paid and under contract to just walk away, no strings attached? Heimerdinger had a cell phone, so much so he was already on Shanahan's staff 2 weeks later at the Senior Bowl. And I remember how D'Brick running to his car was a catastrophe akin to the chopper on the embassy roof in Hanoi. SOrry your stories aren't spoonfed to you any more as with the Douchebag.Grow the eff up or learn how to do your job like Randy Lang or Rich Cimini.

Don't forget that Edwards never gave young guys a chance to show what they could do. If Edwards was still here, Cotchery would be a #3, Leon Washington probably wouldn't have a carry. Dbrick might have been starting, yet Mangold would still be Mawae's backup. Bryan Thomas would still be a backup, yet get probably 10-12 starts because Abraham would be injured.

10-6 with Edwards? Right, itd be an entirely different starting line-up with Edwards here.

Give that man a prize- that is a winning post.

OK, I'll probably get stoned to death for this, but here's what I'm thinking. As a matter of fact, it's what I've been thinking since Herm exited, Stage Right, and I'm sticking by it. Herman Edwards is like an old High School boyfriend. You pocket a picture you had of the two of you in happy, gilded times. He talked a lot of nice stuff, some babbly teenage boy speak. He professes to love you, but leaves you without even calling for prettier, more "interesting" girls (translation: sluts and cheap whores). Out comes the Bic ballpoint pen from your knapsack/bookbag, and you scribble out his mofo face in a frenzied fit of teenage angst. Symbolic. Healthy. Therapeutic. OVER.

His time was up. He knew it. We knew it. He's gone. It was a cutthroat business decision. And football is a business. Edwards sought to do what he thought he had coming. Take that for what you will, but males that posture should understand that sort of thing. Rationalize to our advantage already. Edwards did us a favor by leaving. So thanks for that. And buh-bye.

See, I was never of the school that the mantle of blame belonged to one man. And I got skewered. By JetMoses, no less. But I forgive you. Hehe.

http://jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=307450&postcount=24

Irish Spring.

It's a manly scent, but I like it too. \:D/

Back in the Old Country, anyone who spoke ill of the Clueless One got one of those very special "buck up" IMs from Soothie. Press passes, access and $55 a pop matter more to him than anything else. He's still selling it like soap, and don't bring up any facts that might hurt business.

Smooch doesn't mean those mean things he says about me. Smooch loves me. Really, he does. He's just having a bad hair day.

Dude, I had to narrow it down to two pages, I could have kept going indefinitely. :lol:

Oh I'm well aware that you are highly educated in everything Anti-herm (as you, and every Jets fan should be), I just wanted to act smart and see if I could actually contribute something to the board for once :)

As the guy who coined the phrase *Hermball,* all I gotta say is Brilliant, Moses... dead on, with one qualification.

In my view, the Preacher was fired. To me, Woody just got tired of the circus, and annual propaganda campaign for a renegotiated contract.

Had Woody wanted him here, all he had to say was, he's under contract & is expected to honor it. No... Woody came out of his slumber, and... here we are.

Again... great read... & Happy New Year to you... and all in Jetslandistan ;)

I narrow the time I soured on Herman Edwards to October 2nd, 2005 @ Baltimore. Handcuffing Bollinger and also putting a leash on him (that sounds naughty, but the metaphor is clear). Our 2005 season was lost to us on paper the week before. No way we should have been THAT bad, regardless of the injury sicklefest. That's where I faulted him - nothing gutsy as to throwing out every brain dead idiot on the practice squad into the fray and calling college-on-speed plays. Diamonds in the rough, who needs it?! Whoop it up, lose productively, nah. That's why I was unhappy, not his exit as fact. He didn't want to do us any favors in retrospect. Vaya con Dios, already. Belichick? Now that's a revenge specialty dish that's best served cold. Your toppling the apple cart belongs there, no question.

I narrow the time I soured on Herman Edwards to October 2nd, 2005 @ Baltimore. Handcuffing Bollinger and also putting a leash on him (that sounds naughty, but the metaphor is clear). Our 2005 season was lost to us on paper the week before. No way we should have been THAT bad, regardless of the injury sicklefest. That's where I faulted him - nothing gutsy as to throwing out every brain dead idiot on the practice squad into the fray and calling college-on-speed plays. Diamonds in the rough, who needs it?! Whoop it up, lose productively, nah. That's why I was unhappy, not his exit as fact. He didn't want to do us any favors in retrospect. Vaya con Dios, already. Belichick? Now that's a revenge specialty dish that's best served cold. Your toppling the apple cart belongs there, no question.

I too soured on Herm the worm after a Baltimore game...granted,my eyes were opened after Jets-Ravens in '04,but the important thing is he can't hurt the Jets anymore.

Bravo Moses,excellent read as usual :cheers:

Remember the comical ending to the game against the Giants in 2003, when kicker Doug Brien was not ready for the snap, his kick in overtime was blocked and the Jets lost 31-28?

How about the time the Jets played the Cleveland Browns in 2001. The Jets took a 21-6 lead into halftime, but somehow blew three timeouts with more than 6 minutes to play in the third quarter.

Remember the comical ending to the game against the Giants in 2003, when kicker Doug Brien was not ready for the snap, his kick in overtime was blocked and the Jets lost 31-28?

How about the time the Jets played the Cleveland Browns in 2001. The Jets took a 21-6 lead into halftime, but somehow blew three timeouts with more than 6 minutes to play in the third quarter.

Will never forget sitting behind the Jets' becnh in OT of the Jints game,a and Edwards soliciting everyone's opinion as to whether or not to have Brien kick a FG as if they were ordering dinner or soemthing. A real coach has thought that through a 1000+ times in his head, and based on the distance, wind, hash mark, discussions with the ST coach, the kicker, etc. KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT THE DECISION IS without even thinking about it before the offense gets off the field. Just one of numerous instances of the clueleness of Edwards.

Good article JM and of course it is relevant as it mentions the idiot that was the coach last year, not 20 years ago. Another tool is Gary Myers who ripped the Jets in August for hiring a coaching staff that was "barely out of diapers" and said that the Jets were the "worst team in the league". On Mike and Mike this morning, he picked the Jets to beat the Patriots, but conveniently forgot to mention that he predicted a #1 pick in the draft. What ta dickweed.

Will never forget sitting behind the Jets' becnh in OT of the Jints game,a and Edwards soliciting everyone's opinion as to whether or not to have Brien kick a FG as if they were ordering dinner or soemthing. A real coach has thought that through a 1000+ times in his head, and based on the distance, wind, hash mark, discussions with the ST coach, the kicker, etc. KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT THE DECISION IS without even thinking about it before the offense gets off the field. Just one of numerous instances of the clueleness of Edwards.

Contrast that to the decisiveness of Mangini, who knows what he wants to do and when to do it. I also can't remember one clock management mistake this year. The competence has done wonders for my blood pressure this season.

Moses: Great freakin post !!!! Completely nailed it on the head.

Cannizaro has no clue if he thinks Herm would have taken this team to 10-6 this year.

There is no way the Jets win the Miami game with Herm as coach. At 10-10 they would have ran out the clock and settled for OT.

In my mind Herm lost the team after the Denver and Carolina game. Heck he may have lost them after the Ravens game with conservative game plan.

I supported Herm for a long time but after seeing what Mangini did with this group I realized what a real coach is all about.

1) Preperation

2) Hard Work

3) Getting the most out of your talent.

Herm never ever got the most of his teams. They could have been alot better in 01,02,04 maybe even championship contenders if Herm had not stepped in.

As for the MSGold vs Sooth stuff.

I wish MSGold would post here more. He is one of the best posters out there and for Sooth to call him nothing more than a "flamer" is WAY out of line.

I thought boards like these were supposed to be for cheering for the home team and interesting debates about teams problems.

Well I guess those might be days gone by over there.

Close. :lol:

I wasn't going to chime in. I try not to. But I can't resist. I can't believe that Sooth gets schooled on his board and he refuses to see the light. He name calls towards MSGold who is a diehard Jets fan. And a great poster. Makes wife jokes? Oh man, talk about arrogance.

I would love to see Sooth and JetMo debate this topic. Sooth should create an account here. We will create a thread that only Sooth and Jet Moses can post in. They can debate the facts. It will never happen but just figured I would throw it out there.

Sooth wants to call everyone that doesn't agree with him bitter and small. Is he even a Jets fan at this point? I ask this because I saw his post last year about JI being "work". I have run this site for 2 years. I post here non-stop. When this site becomes "work" I will step down. We are all Jets fans, well most of us are anyhow. Sooth started JI and did a really good thing. Now JI is about fueling his boat and it is sad.

Guys like Sperm Edwards, Bugg, Jet Moses and TomShane even blasted Herm. I defended him for years. You know what? I was wrong and they were all right. Herm was not good for this franchise. Eric Mangini is. Everyone who has no agenda would most likely agree with that statement. The problem is everyone is looking to get paid. Make a buck off of Jets fans. It is sad.

$ooth is all about the dollar bill. How people can't see that is beyond me. His board is complete ****. Who wants to sift thru 4 pages of trash to read Jets news?

From this point on you should make the word filter spell $ooth this way max.

Archived