The Patriots, fresh off a win over the Jets...

Jet/BosoxFan

Their apparently hated rivals. And now they face the challenge of playing the daunting San Diego Chargers on the road. And all anyone and everyone is talking about on Boston sports talk radio.......

Yup, where is JD Drew, whether Daisuke Matsuzaka can throw a gyroball or not, and how could Theo Epstein give so much money to Joel Pineiro.

Face it, the Patriots are possibly the greatest team in the hisory of football that nobody cares about. They're a CRUSHING BORE. Most Bostonians would rather watch paint dry than suffer through 3 hours of a Patriot snoozefest. Theyre a distant second in this town and the gap is mind-bogglingly widening!

And if they dont win the Super Bowl this year, they might lose ground to the upstart BC Eagles. Tylenol PM doesnt lull me to sleep nearly as fast as the New England Patriots do.

Their apparently hated rivals. And now they face the challenge of playing the daunting San Diego Chargers on the road. And all anyone and everyone is talking about on Boston sports talk radio.......

Yup, where is JD Drew, whether Daisuke Matsuzaka can throw a gyroball or not, and how could Theo Epstein give so much money to Joel Pineiro.

Face it, the Patriots are possibly the greatest team in the hisory of football that nobody cares about. They're a CRUSHING BORE. Most Bostonians would rather watch paint dry than suffer through 3 hours of a Patriot snoozefest. Theyre a distant second in this town and the gap is mind-bogglingly widening!

And if they dont win the Super Bowl this year, they might lose ground to the upstart BC Eagles. Tylenol PM doesnt lull me to sleep nearly as fast as the New England Patriots do.

You are 100% correct, and I think I just crapped myself after typing that.

Read my article on the front page, the end of it has a fitting description of Pats "fans"

You are a clown. That's all I can say.

You are a clown. That's all I can say.

You gotta admit there are a lot of bandwagon fans up there who DONT care...

Otherwise its nto fair to group everyone... I know a lot of Pats fans that keep up on it and tlak about them 24/7...

Otherwise its nto fair to group everyone... I know a lot of Pats fans that keep up on it and tlak about them 24/7...

Bandwagon fans everywhere. That's life mate.

JBF is a clown. That's the nicest thing I can say about him/her.

I know but when you win 3 SB's in the 1st half of a decade... there are a LOT more and they seem to get worse... :)

Um, can we please keep the personal attacks to a minimum. I'd really hate to see you get banned for life and never have the ability to subject me to your unfunny drivel. Thats would really suck.

But I do have a question for ya: If the Patriots win the Super Bowl but nobody in New England watches it on TV, does it ever really happen?

Um, can we please keep the personal attacks to a minimum. I'd really hate to see you get banned for life and never have the ability to subject me to your unfunny drivel. Thats would really suck.

But I do have a question for ya: If the Patriots win the Super Bowl but nobody in New England watches it on TV, does it ever really happen?

Go F yourself mate.

But I do have a question for ya: If the Patriots win the Super Bowl but nobody in New England watches it on TV, does it ever really happen?[/quote]

Sorry Gainzo, you know I think you're the man, but the bold gets a POTW nom

HA HA nice going JBF!!!

I had always hoped that somehow, someway, we could use your powers for good.

Unfortunetly the Red Sox will always be king in Boston even if they suck every year..Boston is just not a great football town which is why Tom O'brien left BC because of fan indifference..Don't get me wrong there are some serious die-hard Pats fan but it is not the passion of that town This is the order of importance in Boston in my estimation.

1) Red Sox

2) Celtics

3) Bruins

4) Patriots

5) BC basketball

6) BC football

7) The Revolution(soccer)

Gainzo you fool! You fell for it. Shame on you.

Seems like Zippy's in Spring Training.

Newsflash: Zippy is an RSN Sheep. He actually believes the Steve Buckley and Dan Shaughnessy drivel. Dumba@@ that he is. Bahhhhhhhh-Baaahhhhhh.

Gainzo you fool! You fell for it. Shame on you.

Seems like Zippy's in Spring Training.

Newsflash: Zippy is an RSN Sheep. He actually believes the Steve Buckley and Dan Shaughnessy drivel. Dumba@@ that he is. Bahhhhhhhh-Baaahhhhhh.

I like how Garb changed his signature line to Bahhhhhhh out of respect for sheep. Good move and a double word score!

Compared to the Jet Nation?

I could be wrong, but we saw alot more fans on this board as the Jets season became more and more of a success.

I doubt they came here to join the one of a thousand Chad Hater vs Chad Apologist threads.

I could be wrong, but we saw alot more fans on this board as the Jets season became more and more of a success.

I doubt they came here to join the one of a thousand Chad Hater vs Chad Apologist threads.

okay PFSIKH honestly do the rating system I did in an earlier post of Boston sports.

1) Red Sox

2) Celtics

3) Bruins

4) Patriots

5) BC basketball

6) BC football

okay PFSIKH honestly do the rating system I did in an earlier post of Boston sports.

1) Red Sox

2) Celtics

3) Bruins

4) Patriots

5) BC basketball

6) BC football

You would be wrong......what a shock :rolleyes:

I love how people who don't live in the Boston area tell me how Bostonians feel - that includes Zippy who lives in Sheep Country - Western Mass - closer to Albany than Boston.

Newsflash: Bruins are dead. Celtics are on life support - no matter how hard Fox Sports New Engalnd tries to get them on the mend (they broadcast the Celtic games)....BC -bwaahhhaaaaa.... Oh, and Soccer? C'mon....

Truth be told it's about even Sox/Pats with Pats taking a slight lead - much to the chagrin of the Boston Globe. Don't beleive me? Look up a poll taken several months back - sponsored by said Globe - thinking that the Sox would run away with it. Question: Is this a baseball town or a Football town? Guess who won? Hint: They are referred to as a Dynsaty.

I'm gonna have to agree with Gainzo on this one. I don't event think I've ever seen him/her post on the football section of this board, I thought he was just a 100% pure Red Sox homer.

1. Red Sox

2. Red Sox

3. Red Sox

4. Red Sox

5. Red Sox

6. Red Sox

7. Red Sox

8. Bruins

9. Red Sox

10. Patriots

I am thinking of a six letter word.

1) Red Sox

2) Celtics

3) Bruins

4) Patriots

5) BC basketball

6) BC football

1. Sox

2. Patriots

3. Everyone else. They all do a decent job of putting people in seasts and have loyal fanbases.

The Red Sox and the passion for them are engrained in the fabric of New Englanders. I think the Patriots are second, but I think the gap between the Sox and Patriots are not as great as you would think.

First, the NFL is king. Second, baseball is drowning in scandal. I think you take those two things, coupled with the Patriots current success and the gap is shrinking. Could they take over? Probably not, but younger generations are growing up when the Patriots are the standard for Boston sports.

1. Sox

2. Patriots

3. Everyone else. They all do a decent job of putting people in seasts and have loyal fanbases.

The Red Sox and the passion for them are engrained in the fabric of New Englanders. I think the Patriots are second, but I think the gap between the Sox and Patriots are not as great as you would think.

First, the NFL is king. Second, baseball is drowning in scandal. I think you take those two things, coupled with the Patriots current success and the gap is shrinking. Could they take over? Probably not, but younger generations are growing up when the Patriots are the standard for Boston sports.

And they'll grow up just in time for the Patriots reign to come to a close and return to misery

And they'll grow up just in time for the Patriots reign to come to a close and return to misery

The Jets, for lack of a better term, 'reign' has been over for almost 40 years and yet you are still a fan.

1. Sox

2. Patriots

PFSIKH -

I have lived in the Boston area my entier life. TRUST ME when I tell you that not only have the Pats closed the gap - they have surpassed the Sox. This, much to the chagrin and counter to the manupilative ploys of the Boston Baseballs scribes. I see MORE Pats hats, jackets and clothing than Sox now. Not by much - but it's there. Talk radio - WEEI - TRIES with all it's might to keep the Sox talk going in the off-season (Buckley is a HOT STOVE junkie) in order to keep this falacy alive. For example: last Saturday was non-stop Pats talk - one of the hosts stated "any Yankee Callers out there?!!! C'mon hot stove talk" ---- seconds later, a caller comes on and asks what they thought Wilforks impact would be in the game against the Jets. The host hung up on him. Yes, hung up. A@@holes. Most of 'em are a@@holes. Don't forget - Red Sox broadcast many of their games on WEEI.

I swear on my mother's grave that my statements are true. That many of you beleive the hype blows my mind.

"F" the Sox and the paid-for media they have in their pocket. They try - TRY - to keep the majority down. Sorry, scumbags! The Pats have arrived.

I hope the Red Sox come second to the Yankees for all of eternity. This former Red Sox fan has turned her back on her former team. You can thank the filthy Boston Baseball scribes, Saturday WEEI radio hosts, and the horrid and disgusting Larry Lucchino.

Like I said, "F" the Sox.

Still doesn't compare to the amount of bandwagon fans you get from winning 3 SBs. For the most part, the Jets haven't had all that much success for us to have bandwagon fans. I rememeber some around 98-99 but that was it, for pretty much the rest of my life it's been just hardcore fans (I wasn't alive back in the 60s or 70s even).

On this issue with the media promoting the Sox over the Pats: I kind of feel the national media does a very similar thing. My roommate swore to me that baseball was more popular than football, and I'm certain he got that notion from ESPN. I just don't see how anyone with any common sense can think that, just looking at the numbers and how people act during the football season, it's just a different level. I feel a similar ploy by the NY media on the Giants, is NY really a Giants town? From people I know that have come to work in NY from out of state, they all say all their co-workers are Jets fans, and the Jets just seem so much more popular, but then you've got the media mostly covering the Giants. I know the "rich" NJ fans are Giants fans, but most people aren't rich, most of us are the working man. You would think we completely outnumber the Giants fans.

Go F yourself mate.

Gainzo, I've got to say this...my son is a PATS fan and a Brady Fan as well (in my JETS House).

I have to give you a congrat;s and good luck this coming weekend against SD. I don't think you'll have a problem.

Anyway, to offset the effects of the Brady Fat head in my son's room, I have placed a Fat head of Jeter!!!! That should now change the luck of the Jets for next year!!!!

Hey man....good luck.

Archived