Why do Jets fans think Mangini is so much better than Herm?

BoomBoomMancini

Herm has proven that he is more than capeable of producing a mediocre 10-6 team that goes into the playoffs with no real chance of winning the super bowl.

Herm actually won two playoff games..

Eric Mangini is not a better coach than Herm Edwards... Herm had the same team as Eric did in '04(without Pennington for 3 games)..

I would buy into Mangini if our defense was improved, but I actually thought it was better last year.

Herm has proven that he is more than capeable of producing a mediocre 10-6 team that goes into the playoffs with no real chance of winning the super bowl.

Eric Mangini is not a better coach than Herm Edwards... Herm had the same team as Eric did in '04(without Pennington for 3 games)..

I would buy into Mangini if our defense was improved, but I actually thought it was better last year.

Waiting for Sperm and the boys to come bash you, but before that begins answer one quick question. What would jericho cotchery's role on the Jets be if Herman was still around? Would we have managed the games the way we did? Would we have.. oh im just going to stop. What a dumb stupid thread. [url=http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en]

Waiting for Sperm and the boys to come bash you, but before that begins answer one quick question. What would jericho cotchery's role on the Jets be if Herman was still around? Would we have managed the games the way we did? Would we have.. oh im just going to stop. What a dumb stupid thread.

Jerricho admitted that he got faster over the offseason(worked on speed)..

Herm would have given the Walls of Jerricho a go.

You sir are terribly mistaken. Eric Mangini is a no-nonsense, x's and o's type coach. He took this team and toughened them up. He worked them hard in camp and at practice and turned them into a very functional unit, while at Chiefs camp fat Ty Law and others were enjoying cookouts and pig pickins. The Jets are a team on the rise now while KC and their fans deal with the troubles that we used to endure.

Coach Mangini took a 4-12 squad, coached by Herm Edwards, and made it into a 10-6 team with a playoff berth. How can you argue with those results in the guy's first season as a head coach? He comes from the Belicheck coaching tree that involves finding the right players for the right system. He has this team and this franchise going in the direction that it should be.

Jerricho admitted that he got faster over the offseason(worked on speed)..

Herm would have given the Walls of Jerricho a go.

Herm, was and, is a terrible HC.

The most games he ever won in a year was 10. Mangini has already done that.

Get back to me when Herm doesn't back into the playoffs with a 9-7 or 10-6 record.

Look up Herm's record in December and also his fantastic gameplan this year against the Colts.

Herm had a very good and experienced offensive line, along with Curtus Martin ... Mangini didn't.

That's one big difference right off the bat.

Folks don't ya get this guy yet?

Herm, was and, is a terrible HC.

The most games he ever won in a year was 10. Mangini has already done that.

Get back to me when Herm doesn't back into the playoffs with a 9-7 or 10-6 record.

Look up Herm's record in December and also his fantastic gameplan this year against the Colts.

Excellant point mate!! Also ask Larry Johnson about the game plan vs Indy..LJ was still on the field when he through Herm under the bus in an interview on national TV..

Good on ya mate..I've been to St Kilda..great place

Things we have learned from Boom Boom:

Chad Pennington is better than Tom Brady.

Brian Leonard should not even be drafted.

The Jets should trade their entire draft for Alan Branch.

Herman Edwards is a better coach than Eric Mangini.

Someone ban this clown already.

Coach Mangini took a 4-12 squad, coached by Herm Edwards, and made it into a 10-6 team with a playoff berth. How can you argue with those results in the guy's first season as a head coach? .

whoa!, wait a minute,you know that's not a fair comparison.herm had Brooks Bollinger starting.I love mangini too,but i can't let that one go.

He had Brooks Bollinger starting because he spent all the cap and FA loot on the DL and DBs, while the OL withered to crap. He could've resigned Kareem Mckenzie, but Ty Law and every Damien, Donnie, and David was funding their retirment with jet cash. His idea of an OL was to draft Marco Cvaka and sign Scott Gragg. Kinda like his big idea to sign Kyle Turdley this year.

I could now go on for the next 154 hours cutting your inspid post to tiny bits.

This is a freakin' joke, right?

1) Mangini got the absolute most out of what he was given.

2) Clock management issues have disappeared

3) Worked them hard in TC preperation for the long grind of a season.

4) Mangini played who DESERVED to play

5) Mangini covered all bases in preperation. (Practicing in the rain to get ready for the second New England game.

6) Did not give away the game plan in the Wednesday press conference

7) No rah rah "We will get them next week" after a brutal losses.

I'm sure Moses, Sperm or MSGold can probably add about 100 other points to this.

This coming from a guy (me) who thought Herm did some good things.

What you saw in terms of the Jets and on-field decision making and preparation for specific situation football was world's apart in comparison.

When teh Jets had 4th and 3 from the opponents 34 yard line, they acted like it was a situation they prepared for. Not something that caught them bewildered.

There are countless situations like that, I could give in comparison.

The team adjusted to whom it was playing. There was less of vanilla base packages, just because that is the base package that we play. Or, we just ran teh ball, because that is who we are. We were a chamelion, rather than a mutt.

There was accountability for what was expected of players. And if those accountabilities were not met, someone else then became accountable. It was not a buddy system.

You sir are terribly mistaken. Eric Mangini is a no-nonsense, x's and o's type coach. He took this team and toughened them up. He worked them hard in camp and at practice and turned them into a very functional unit, while at Chiefs camp fat Ty Law and others were enjoying cookouts and pig pickins. The Jets are a team on the rise now while KC and their fans deal with the troubles that we used to endure.

Coach Mangini took a 4-12 squad, coached by Herm Edwards, and made it into a 10-6 team with a playoff berth. How can you argue with those results in the guy's first season as a head coach? He comes from the Belicheck coaching tree that involves finding the right players for the right system. He has this team and this franchise going in the direction that it should be.

great post

POTW nominee

even though we lost the game, i saw something in the pats game that almost made me well up with pride. both belly and mangini were faking each other out all game and attempting to prevent them both from substituting personnel on defense with quick snaps-- near the goaline, the jets D was standing around, looking like they were about to take their positions for the next snap when *BANG* in unison half of them sprinted for the sideline while 6 more guys ran out to replace them. mangini knew that he had to do this quickly in order to prevent brady from catching them with too many men on the field. in this situation, herm would've (a) burned a timeout; (B) gotten penalized for too man men on the field; or © sat there with an exasperated look on his face as he was unable to sub defensive players in or out all game and then blamed one of his assistants for failing to have the right guys out there.

i think the pats scored but regardless this shows that mangini thinks about this game like he's playing chess and has the smarts to be opportunistic-- a quality that no one could ever impute herm with.

even though we lost the game, i saw something in the pats game that almost made me well up with pride. both belly and mangini were faking each other out all game and attempting to prevent them both from substituting personnel on defense with quick snaps-- near the goaline, the jets D was standing around, looking like they were about to take their positions for the next snap when *BANG* in unison half of them sprinted for the sideline while 6 more guys ran out to replace them. mangini knew that he had to do this quickly in order to prevent brady from catching them with too many men on the field. in this situation, herm would've (a) burned a timeout; (B) gotten penalized for too man men on the field; or © sat there with an exasperated look on his face as he was unable to sub defensive players in or out all game and then blamed one of his assistants for failing to have the right guys out there.

i think the pats scored but regardless this shows that mangini thinks about this game like he's playing chess and has the smarts to be opportunistic-- a quality that no one could ever impute herm with.

That is a great point.

With Herm it was basically line'em up and see what happens. With Mangini it was more "point/counterpoint" trying to stay a step ahead of the other.

Herm is more was more like "the boss overseeing an operation" while Mangini is more "The boss overseeing but operation but making adjustments on the fly".

Great point.

This coming from a guy (me) who thought Herm did some good things.

What you saw in terms of the Jets and on-field decision making and preparation for specific situation football was world's apart in comparison.

When teh Jets had 4th and 3 from the opponents 34 yard line, they acted like it was a situation they prepared for. Not something that caught them bewildered.

There are countless situations like that, I could give in comparison.

The team adjusted to whom it was playing. There was less of vanilla base packages, just because that is the base package that we play. Or, we just ran teh ball, because that is who we are. We were a chamelion, rather than a mutt.

There was accountability for what was expected of players. And if those accountabilities were not met, someone else then became accountable. It was not a buddy system.

SD...You hit it on the nose!

Archived