The Jets will win Super Bowl XLII

nj meadowlands

I'm not sure about that. I would agree that we SHOULD be a better team. Which would translate into more post-season success.

I think we'll be a better team with perhaps a worse record than this year do to the schedule. Were you really banned from JI? I remember you from there and you were hardly the banable type. Good posts, non confrontational.

The last 3 years, the 3 perennial AFC powerhouses have won their Super Bowls. It's time for them to get out of the way. The Jets will win it all next year.

Put it in your sig. Say Eric Mangini will win the SB as HC of the NYJ.

Do it!

I think we'll be a better team with perhaps a worse record than this year do to the schedule. Were you really banned from JI? I remember you from there and you were hardly the banable type. Good posts, non confrontational.

What is with the "hard schedule" myth???

We arent playing that rough of a schedule next year, and that doesnt even count the fact that some teams might not even be the same next year talent wise...

jets.gifEarly Breakdown of the JETS 2007 Matchups...

ecurb2369

The Jets can beat ANY team on the schedule for next year, there is no sure losses.

If we had a good enough defense to stop Peyton on that last drive, we would have beat this years superbowl champs...

The JETS are better than you think they are.

The last 3 years, the 3 perennial AFC powerhouses have won their Super Bowls. It's time for them to get out of the way. The Jets will win it all next year.

I agree

Hey, It's the day after the Super Bowl. I'll feel that way until they lose 8 games next season.

Felt that way since 69

Not happening. Sorry.

We arent winning it with Chad, and Clemens isnt gonna win it his 1st year.

2009 is when we make our run at the superbowl

2006 - set the tempo, win some games, establish yourself as the head coach

2007 - continue to add players, take a stepback in your record, Clemens gets his 1st action

2008 - Jets get back to the playoffs, this time with Clemens. Win a playoff game or 2, but dont make the superbowl

2009 - superbowl run

2010 - superbowl run

etc etc etc

Not happening. Sorry.

We arent winning it with Chad, and Clemens isnt gonna win it his 1st year.

2009 is when we make our run at the superbowl

2006 - set the tempo, win some games, establish yourself as the head coach

2007 - continue to add players, take a stepback in your record, Clemens gets his 1st action

2008 - Jets get back to the playoffs, this time with Clemens. Win a playoff game or 2, but dont make the superbowl

2009 - superbowl run

2010 - superbowl run

etc etc etc

All things are possible with Eric Mangini. For once, I agree with 80. All the stars are aligning for a Super Bowl run, NOW.

There is NO reason why we need to take a "step back" in our overall record. There's nothing that makes me be anything but confident that we can win the AFC East with the talent we have. As for the schedule, I really don't see why it is considered to be all that difficult. After all, we get 9 home games (because the NYG game is considered a "road game" officially, even though we're in our own stadium), a dream matchup with the Chiefs, and with the downfall of the Steelers, the AFC North is not nearly as formidable (nor is the NFC East, for that matter).

I see 11-5 or 12-4 as more than reasonable for the '07-'08 season.

All things are possible with Eric Mangini. For once, I agree with 80. All the stars are aligning for a Super Bowl run, NOW.

There is NO reason why we need to take a "step back" in our overall record. There's nothing that makes me be anything but confident that we can win the AFC East with the talent we have. As for the schedule, I really don't see why it is considered to be all that difficult. After all, we get 9 home games (because the NYG game is considered a "road game" officially, even though we're in our own stadium), a dream matchup with the Chiefs, and with the downfall of the Steelers, the AFC North is not nearly as formidable (nor is the NFC East, for that matter).

I see 11-5 or 12-4 as more than reasonable for the '07-'08 season.

Think I might cry

Gotta have a QB to win it. We don't.

Even if Clemens is the real deal, our first realistic shot would be the 2008 season, assuming Clemens starts next year. If not, push it back another year.

I dunno cp isn't the greatest, but he isn't the worst. It isn't impossible he plays better next year and is able to do enough, but realistically that would require an amazing defense.

If freakin Rex Grossman can get to a Super Bowl don't tell me Chad Pennington can't. Just that fact kills your whole arguement dude.. Really

The bears got there with a better defense and special teams and a solid running game. Two of those things we don't have and will need for us to be able to make it.

Gotta have a QB to win it. We don't.

Even if Clemens is the real deal, our first realistic shot would be the 2008 season, assuming Clemens starts next year. If not, push it back another year.

Chad Pennington was a "comeback player of the year" candidate for a reason. Why are we ruling him out?

And the way the '06 NFL Draft went for the Jets, Kellen Clemens could be the next great one for all we know. I trust Tangini.

Archived