The Front Page Upcoming!!!

TomShane

As you can see, our site is under construction. What we're trying to do is create the best website of all time. Any suggestions you have will be appreciated.

Our FRONT PAGE will be up shortly, as we're still putting it together. We're really excited about some cool stuff we have going up there. Some new features you may like are:

~The Last/Last Word Debate: In this feature article, a moderator (me) introduces a topic to two pre-selected combatants who get to hash it out. As the debate moves along, the moderator will decide who "wins." The LOSER gets the Last Word, a concession speech, and the winner gets the Last/Last Word, where they get 100 words to finalize their point and gloat a bit. It should be fun. Upcoming topics scheduled are: The New Jets Stadium, Yay or Nay?; Is Derek Jeter Over-Rated?; The Patriots are a Legitimate Dynasty; and, The Mets Will Get More Wins Than the Yankees This Season. If you would like to participate in any of these debates, or you have a good idea for other debates, E-mail me at TomShane@Jetnation.com.

~Post of the Day: The best post of the day gets a premiere spot on the Front Page. Criteria includes creativity, content, cogency, humor, and/or clarity. Get posting!

~Contests: We'll be hosting a few contests as the year goes on. Some of these will be: The Mock Draft Accuracy Contest, Pick the win total for the Yanks, Pick the win total for the Mets and the March Madness Bracket Contest. The prize to be won for each contest is a sweet Jetnation.com long-sleeved T-Shirt that we're designing right now. Don't send me a million E-mails yet telling me your picks for all of these things. Rules and whatnot will be posted soon.

~The 'Decade Grade': We'll be reviewing decade grades for the Jets, Pats, Dolphins and Bills in the next few weeks. In these articles, we'll be discussing the last 10 years of each franchise, including great memories, crushies defeats, great personnel moves and awful draft picks. Anyone who has great/horrible memories they'd like to share, we'll have you send those in to be included in the "How I Saw It" section of the article.

As always, if you have any suggestions or ideas about articles or the "look" of the site let us know. We have some great things coming, but we're always looking for new ideas. We consider this a community website (except that Maxman is the evil Czar), and we want to make it THE BEST SITE ON THE WEB. Help us out!

The two things that i can think of is possible a special section for questions and replies for topics that you want or need answers to- like example where is a good restaurant in Holmdel, New Jersey

Also trivia section whether sports, movies, shows is something that might be nice

Good ideas, fab. The trivia thing can definitely work. As for the Q&A section, I think you can just use any of the other forums for that. We're not going to move everything like on that OTHER board. If I wanted to know a good restaurant in Holmdel, I'd just throw it in the football area. Not that our posters would know what a good restaurant looks like, the filthy animals. Hell, we just had a three-page topic about biscuits and gravy, for God's sake. Awful.

The two things that i can think of is possible a special section for questions and replies for topics that you want or need answers to- like example where is a good restaurant in Holmdel, New Jersey

Also trivia section whether sports, movies, shows is something that might be nice

Good ideas, fab. The trivia thing can definitely work. As for the Q&A section, I think you can just use any of the other forums for that. We're not going to move everything like on that OTHER board. If I wanted to know a good restaurant in Holmdel, I'd just throw it in the football area. Not that our posters would know what a good restaurant looks like, the filthy animals. Hell, we just had a three-page topic about biscuits and gravy, for God's sake. Awful.

Ts -that is what I like to see no formalities and stuffiness -you still might consider a more discreet section for questions and answers about good gay pickup bars though!

so when is this front oage going to be complete?

Actually I am looking at the template right now. We have some permission issue to work out between the various parties that will be involved.

So it won't be long from here. It looks good though. I think you guys will be happy with it.

Actually I am looking at the template right now. We have some permission issue to work out between the various parties that will be involved.

So it won't be long from here. It looks good though. I think you guys will be happy with it.

I guess we can give you the benefit of the doubt. :P

the excitement is increasing by the moment...:) this week perhaps? :)

permission issues?? i thought your pictures were all public anyway... but don't forget your own rule..No nudity... you want people viewing the page...not being scarred for life... :wink: :lol:

the excitement is increasing by the moment...:) this week perhaps? :)

permission issues?? i thought your pictures were all public anyway... but don't forget your own rule..No nudity... you want people viewing the page...not being scarred for life... :wink: :lol:

True Story:

TomShane sent me a picture of Fabio yesterday. He said we are still cool to put this on the front of the home page right?

You guys who think he is funny have NO IDEA how funny he really is. He sent me a PM yesterday that had me laughing so hard, everyone was sure something was wrong with me.

Tom is a genius.

just keep it clean (design-wise ;)), like the forum is now - don't junk it up with too many cheesy feathered-edge blends, like most of the other boards...

Thanks.

The designer we picked is pretty good in this regard. He keeps it simple, yet it doesn't come off as plain. This is the main reason we went with a professional, left to our own devices...we would have screwed it up for sure.

How do you guys ever manage to post here with all of the work that goes into this thing?

Sounds good. Can't wait.

Have you read our posts? Not much thought required.

We are saving the real thinking for the site!

• 14 years later...