Official Jets 2007 Offseason Activity

ECURB

New York Jets 2007 Offseason activity...

EXTENDED:

WR Jerricho Cotchery: 5 yrs, $19M

HELLO:

1. Kenyon Coleman - Unrestricted Free Agent - Dallas

- 6'5" 295lbs, comes from a 3-4 defense coached by Manginis mentor Parcells. Should help improve the JETS defensive line. Had 30 tackles and 4 sacks in 2006.

2. Bobby Hamilton - Released and then re-signed

- Provides great depth and leadership at the DE position.

3. Thomas Jones - Aquired via Trade with Bears

-NYJ recieve: RB Thomas Jones & Chicago's 2007 2nd round pick (63rd overall)

CHI recieve: NYJ 2007 2nd round pick aquired from Washington (37th overall)

Jones fills the role of a solid starting RB for the JETS. He has rushed for over 100 yards in each of his last two seasons and helped lead the Bears offense lead by Rex Grossman to the Superbowl.

4. Hank Poteat (re-signed)- started some games for the JETS in 06' and provides good depth and knowledge of Mangini's system

5. Darian Barnes - Unrestricted Free Agent - Miami

- adds depth and size to the FB position, may be the replacement for Askew...

6. Wade Smith (re-signed)

- brought in for depth in 06' and most likely for the same reason in 07' - a good backup

7. RT Anthony Clement (re-signed)

- Clement brings good depth to the NYJ O-line...

GOODBYE:

HB Kevan Barlow

HB Derrick Blaylock

FB BJ Askew (UFA not re-signed) - SIGNED BY THE BUCS

OL Trey Teague

DE Dave Ball

Coaching Staff Additions...

Mike Jones - Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach

Ben Kotwica - Quality Control/Special Teams and Defense

Mike Bloomgren - Quality Control/Offense

Brian Smith - Quality Control/Offense

Wait til next year, when teams such as NE have no cap space, and we can sign a guy like Michael Turner(who a lot of you want), or maybe even Asante Samuel? Maybe the big Free Agent spending frenzy you want isn't this year, its next. Just saying..

Wait til next year, when teams such as NE have no cap space, and we can sign a guy like Michael Turner(who a lot of you want), or maybe even Asante Samuel? Maybe the big Free Agent spending frenzy you want isn't this year, its next. Just saying..

The Pats are spending this year to address needs. The cap has been going up each season so I doubt the Pats will have no cap space next year.

Coming off a 12-4 season with an appearance in the AFC Championship game I'm pumped that the Pats have been active in Free Agency.

The Pats are spending this year to address needs. The cap has been going up each season so I doubt the Pats will have no cap space next year.

Coming off a 12-4 season with an appearance in the AFC Championship game I'm pumped that the Pats have been active in Free Agency.

dont forget that fact they have 2 1st rounders too. :bag:

Free Agency isnt great this year - but what alot of people dont seem to realize is that this draft class is also VERY weak. The jets arent drafting near the top and although they have 2- 2nd round picks - what good are they if used on mediocre to sub-par players. Building through the draft exclusively sounds great , problem is that no coachs job is gonna last the 5 or 6 years it would require to do such a thing if they arent at least competitive in the meantime. You need both the draft and free agency. By next year assante samuel will probably want nate clements type money. Travis Henry is now available and a perfect fit. I say they strike quickly and dont let a golden opportunity slip away. I think I'd rather cut off a toe than lose coles. If henry was our only big f.a. signing I could live with it. We did a great job in last years draft - that is true - but who led the team in int.s ? Andre Dyson - a key free agent addition - not a draft pick. Bottom line - we have a great coach who will improve the team this year just like he did last year and who is alot smarter than any of us when it comes to this , so lets just relax. The jets are not rebuilding a mess of a team , they are perfecting a good product with the potentual for greatness.

Have faith.

You can put Bobby Hamilton in there as a re-sign and you can always inclue trade's you know. It should be the Jets' 2007 offseason movement.;-)

You got it, help me out though... lol... the FA thread is a tough enough task... :)

SO I will add

Bobby Hamilton - Released and Re-signed

Thomas Jones - Aquired via trade from Bears (what were the details on this I will add them.)

Thomas Jones - Aquired via trade from Bears (what were the details on this I will add them.)

NYJ recieve: RB Thomas Jones & Chicago's 2007 2nd round pick (63rd overall)

NYJ recieve: RB Thomas Jones & Chicago's 2007 2nd round pick (63rd overall)

Thanks 124

Maybe one of the mods could change the title of the thread to... (New York Jets 2007 Offseason activity...)

hmmm I would do that... but where would I find out that list....

:rolleyes:

Come on ecurb,if you're going to start the thread..you should use all resources necessary..

I know where to get that info,but since that would be unofficial..you have to find it yourself.:lol:

:rolleyes:

Come on ecurb,if you're going to start the thread..you should use all resources necessary..

I know where to get that info,but since that would be unofficial..you have to find it yourself.:lol:

NO SOUP FOR YOU! :fighting0054:

Unofficial for ecurb :rolleyes:

The Jets announced the following additions to their coaching staff: Mike Jones was named Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach; Ben Kotwica was named Quality Control/Special Teams and Defense; Mike Bloomgren and Brian Smith were named Quality Control/Offense.

Jones joins the Jets after a stint as an assistant in Sports Performance at Arizona State University. Jones was a starting safety on the University of Georgia

Archived