What happened at jetsinsider?

GM

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as JI goes... it was the first Jets board that I was ever on. I joined it over two years ago. Through it, I have read a ton of amazing posts from amazing people. Alot of those people are posting here, as I am now regularly posting. JetNation has an amazing group of core posters (which I'd like to think I'm apart of). The football knowledge, and sports knowledge on this board... I'd put it up against just about any other board on the internet. Just alot of sport saavy people. And this board is what JI used to be: a ton of fun. To be honest, this board is the most fun that I've had on the internet. It's just a great mix of people. JI used to have it. Now... it feels more corporate. But hey, if that's how Sooth likes it, that's great. And, if he can turn a profit from making a premium section to the site, more power to him. I wish him well.

As far as JI goes... it was the first Jets board that I was ever on. I joined it over two years ago. Through it, I have read a ton of amazing posts from amazing people. Alot of those people are posting here, as I am now regularly posting. JetNation has an amazing group of core posters (which I'd like to think I'm apart of). The football knowledge, and sports knowledge on this board... I'd put it up against just about any other board on the internet. Just alot of sport saavy people. And this board is what JI used to be: a ton of fun. To be honest, this board is the most fun that I've had on the internet. It's just a great mix of people. JI used to have it. Now... it feels more corporate. But hey, if that's how Sooth likes it, that's great. And, if he can turn a profit from making a premium section to the site, more power to him. I wish him well.

Well said.

How about pope?

Where is that guy??

Bro Pope obviously doesn't want to post here. I am sure he has his reasons. But just leave him alone already.

That guy has received more offers here than TomShane has. This site isn't for everyone. We respect that.

I sense some :sarc: in your reply...if you don't like it there, don't go

A little bit, but nothing nasty. I still like the site, I still go there, there are some cool people still there. I think the new site looked great (I saw it this morning, but at the moment, it just goes straight to the message board), and hope it all works out for everybody.

I'm on the dole, so there's no way in hell I can afford it, alas.

My final point on premium sites. The only way this site should become premium is when JonathanVilma51 signs up. Then it should be $100, but just for him.

Bro Pope obviously doesn't want to post here. I am sure he has his reasons. But just leave him alone already.

That guy has received more offers here than TomShane has. This site isn't for everyone. We respect that.

I hear Pope's name a lot, but I've no idea who he is. What's his story? He seems to have celebrity status akin to our own TS.

Please fill in the uninitiated.

I hear Pope's name a lot, but I've no idea who he is. What's his story? He seems to have celebrity status akin to our own TS.

Please fill in the uninitiated.

Pope is to PatsFanTx what Lex Luther was to Superman.

Ive been reading JI for a long time and JN since the start even tho I never really post much. What do you really get for the $55? I mean if something happens its bound to be on here.

Just wanna say thanks to everyone that makes this site possible, its awesome!

This must be a stressful day on Long Island. Very, very stressful.

Nuke.jpg

btw, is anyone filing an APB at LaGuardia to look for a large man with a goatee carrying a briefcase with redeemable PayPal vouchers in it?

in flip flops

All the Pats fans ran pope off another board.

He couldn't handle it.

He's about as intelligent a football fan as is RamRodDumbAssRay.

I seriously cant believe Sean is charging people 55 bucks to view his site. What the F is he thinking? If I want to read professional articles and pics from Jets camp, I will just go over to Newsday.com where its still FREE!!!!!!!! What a joke. Sean Gates is his new name.

And no one should sit on Uncle Max's lap. Ever.

:lol:=D>:lol: ...since I like both of you, I won't say whose comment I found to be funnier...cough ummm cough Tom cough cough ummm... :shock: . But you are right Max...it is cozy and comfortable here. I check it out over there sometimes..and it definately isn't the same. But I'll wait till the season starts and see if the content improves. As for premiums..I would only do that if the charge was for the training camp/season/post season time. Other than that, I can get that info from my own inside sources... :evil::mrgreen: .

I thought I'd chime in on this subject.

I'm not hooked into JI or JN on a personal level as many of you guys are, I just love talking Jets football, and the messageboard thing is a great distraction between trades at work. That being said, I truly don't see a problem charging a fee. Honestly, how many of you here have chipped in when the hat is passed at Christmas on JI, of GG (where I am blocked at work, so I never visit anymore)?

I would have absolutely no problem chipping in here, even though I don't post here much, and the only one that responds to my posts here is Max (good PR there my man). My point is I throw in more than $55 a year just because I enjoy what is being presented by the hard work done by Sooth, and Max and TS et al, are no different, they just have not been around at Christmas time yet. I will gladly send a donation here.

As I understand it, nothing changes at JI, my bet is that the fees are to offset whatever Sooth's "new" writer is charging, or he gets a slice, either way who cares? Love my Jets, love my messageboards.

I still wish everyone was in one place.

Archived