What happened at jetsinsider?

GM

Screw the shirt. :lol:

You owe me 63 cents for reading the premium area of my post. In this one time only deal, I'll only charge you 33 cents. That's almost 50 percent off the original cost. You can't beat that with a stickball bat.

LOL! Let me have Max put a PayPal symbol as your avatar so we can all submit cash to the YJF Premium Area. PLEASE!!!>>!>????!??

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't worry, 6Ever will be here right here after PennyBoy's first 4 INT game.

JI is still down. That is midly annoying to me, I can only wonder how annoying it is to someone who just paid $55 beans to them.

I like both sights, JI and the parallel universe of evil JI, JetNation...which is really just JI with an eye patch.

YJF - Glad to see you back. Compared to you, I am not long-winded. I agree that the Phins will be annoyingly competitive and frankly, am not convinced that the Jets will be any better than 1-1 against them. In fact, if the Jets go 4-2 in the division I'd be pumped, because right now even 3-3 seems like a longshot IMO.

We need Ty Law, stat. I love Ray Mickens, but c'mon. And Pete Hunter isn't the answer...yikes.

I think the Jets will make the playoffs, but, sadly, right now, I just can't see them winning the division. Hopefully they defy my expectations, start Fiedler for all 16 games, and do it!

Agreed and I hope he makes millions off of it. Personally, I wouldn't have rung up my mods to join. That's icy cold.

I joined the moment the link was in place. I never discussed it with anyone. IMO it is worth every penny of what I paid.

I am not going to go into the payment part- but one of the great things to me as a football fan is to hear other opinions of other teams fans-yes even Pat fans- if you love football and all sports as I do that is priceless-I find it hard to think any outsider fans are going to pay a Jetfan website

Jetsinsider.com is still FREE and will always be FREE!! The Premium content is an option just like you get at Jetsconfidential.com. The difference is that Jetsinsider is still a fan based site while the other is run by a tool named Leberfeld.

Some are nothing but whiny little babies who dont understand what the word Optional means.

hey gameface, you know its BS that you can put in your signature line that you are a mod on jetsinsider.com here in jetnation.com but if someone tries to put up a similar signature line stating that jetnation.com is cool on jetsnation.com its blocked. why is that? what kid of hypocritcal bs is that?

afraid of healthy competion or just paranoid?

LL

I am not going to go into the payment part- but one of the great things to me as a football fan is to hear other opinions of other teams fans-yes even Pat fans- if you love football and all sports as I do that is priceless-I find it hard to think any outsider fans are going to pay a Jetfan website

The Jetsinsider landing strip is still FREE and will always be FREE.

I joined the moment the link was in place. I never discussed it with anyone. IMO it is worth every penny of what I paid.

You, of all people, who sticks his neck out constantly for that site, without a shred of back-up, should have gotten it free. I would have returned you money and thanked you endlessly for your loyalty. But that's just me.

Didnt people give gifts to Sooth like every year? I dont know, that sounds pretty lame over there.

What exactly is confidential news anyway? Am I really not going to find out about it if I don't pay for it?

Personally, I think it's a crock.

Tell that to a high school or college student.

Damn straight. With 55 dollars, I can take my girl to a yankees game against The Royals and have her sit on my lap when I buy one ticket and we share a hotdog.

55 dollars!!!!........... For 55 bucks. Marty Lyons better show up to my house and cut my hair. As he's cutting my hair,. He can rave about Sione Pouha and how he reminds him of Scott Mersereau.

Didnt people give gifts to Sooth like every year? I dont know, that sounds pretty lame over there.

What exactly is confidential news anyway? Am I really not going to find out about it if I don't pay for it?

Its also the Chats with Players and Mark Cannizzaro.

I know what "optional" means.

Optional in french means "give me some of your money". :lol:

Look, I understand the reasoning behind charging fans for an "optional" service. Bills have to be paid but what happens is, The "free areas" become watered down and neglected and The "optional" area becomes the entire heart of the website. In the free area, You are told every 5 seconds that "inside information is available on Justin Miller's contract details" and what Marty Lyons thinks of The Jets defense. READ ALL ABOUT IT IN THE PREMIUM AREA. The important part of the site. :wink:

Exactly. What people need to realize when they implement changes like this is that other things will not necessarily remain the same or constant. Perhaps keeping things "as they are, but improving them" is the intention behind such a change, but many times planners do no anticipate exactly the nature and size of the market response. I agree that the "free" site runs the risk of deteriorating and losing "hits." It may, it may not. Sooth has obviously weighed the costs and benefits and is rolling the dice. I wish him well, but I am sure as hell not going to pay $55 and will have no problem bolting if it deteriorates in the manner in which you describe.

A large part of the allure of sights like JI and JN is their ease. I can easily jump on and off and post and read with virtually no hassles. If that ever changes, I'll just go somewhere else (though I heard ganggreen.com blows)

yeah i sent in 20 bucks on paypal...all i got was a lifetime ban...ugh

LL

JETNATION.com the BEST jet board on the net. GIVE ME A FREE BOARD OR GIVE ME DEATH=JETSINSIDER.com

Its also the Chats with Players and Mark Cannizzaro.

don't waste your breath Jon, some people have a grudge or an agenda & thats their right..if they don't like it, this is the right place for them to bitch about it

Jetsinsider.com is still FREE and will always be FREE!! The Premium content is an option just like you get at Jetsconfidential.com. The difference is that Jetsinsider is still a fan based site while the other is run by a tool named Leberfeld.

Some are nothing but whiny little babies who dont understand what the word Optional means.

Gameface please don't use this forum to take shots at Leberfeld. Totally uncalled for.

Personal attacks are not allowed.

don't waste your breath Jon, some people have a grudge or an agenda & thats their right..if they don't like it, this is the right place for them to b!tch about it

For the record, we don't encourage 'bitching' here. We encourage biting sarcasm and uncontrollable rage. And nipples.

I have nothing against JetsInsider.com. I love the site. It's a great forum for all Jets and NFL fans.

I do not however like "premium or optional" areas. I understand that bills have to be paid but it takes away from the heart of the website. It kills it.

This isn't a JI versus JN issue for me. Both sites have merit...but neither is worth $55 to me, that's for sure!

It's like ESPN Insider - some of the stuff in interesting, but people just cut and paste it onto boards like this anyway, so there is no reason to pay for it.

Shout out to joewilly, Matt39 and latinlawyer - good to see you clowns!

=D>

This isn't a JI versus JN issue for me. Both sites have merit...but neither is worth $55 to me, that's for sure!

It's like ESPN Insider - some of the stuff in interesting, but people just cut and paste it onto boards like this anyway, so there is no reason to pay for it.

Shout out to joewilly, Matt39 and latinlawyer - good to see you clowns!

=D>

Yeah when we go premium we are only going to charge $42. :wink: :mrgreen: :wink:

Yeah when we go premium we are only going to charge $42. :wink: :mrgreen: :wink:

Ok, that's fair. I'll pay, but only if you are the very first site to post things like which undrafted rookie free agent TE we just cut, what Marty Lyons has to say about how some no-name had a good day in camp, what Dorian Boose is doing these days, and BBQ recipes from Mrs. Edwards.

Good post Jets6Ever.

I get to read Mark Cannizzaro's article in the paper and then, For 55 dollars. I can chat with him about his article.

What a bargain! :wink: Here's what 55 dollars gets you.

YJF:Hey mark,.. great article on Vilma becoming a leader. He sure is becoming one.

Mark: Yeah, He had the same role at Miami.

For 55 dollars. You can't beat that kind of inside expertise. You can't get that kind of "premium optional" quality from anywhere else.

1) There's a reason I don't subscribe to Leberfeld's Jets Condidential Magazine, ESPN Insider or the other 'mainstream premium' sites around the internet. In this day and age of the Internet, blogs, informational leaks and other items, there is no longer such a thing as 'Inside Information". Any bit of news, rumor, speculation, etc. gets out immediately and spreads like wildfire anyways. Really, what 'inside' info is there really anymore? Politically, sports, there is nothing secret anymore.

2) I refuse to accept one person's opinion about a topic as truth because he may be the 'main guy' covering it. That's not an Anti-Cannizzaro statement, that's just an overall opinion which I maintain for even the Red Wings homers here in Detroit. Just because John Doe is assigned to that team doesn't make him the subject matter expert. Does he deserve credit because he's there day in and out following a team, a little yes. Does that make his opinion more important then say mine? YJF's? Ham's? Bit? Why should it? I'm watching the same god damned disaster he is. Do I need Cannizzaro to tell me Edwards is a freaking idiot? Thought so.

3)For those reasons, paying a premium for a 'fansite' is a poor idea in my mind. A premium is against the entire concept of the 'fansite', regardless of what bells and whistles might come with it. There's nothing that will come with it that I can't get for free on NFL.com, ESPN.com or other 'free' sites. I can read Cannizzaro's main articles online at my leisure. To think he'll add 'extra inside' information into his JI columns and withhold it from his employer would be foolish in my opinion.

Regardless, I wish Sean the best of luck with his endeavors.

1) There's a reason I don't subscribe to Leberfeld's Jets Condidential Magazine, ESPN Insider or the other 'mainstream premium' sites around the internet. In this day and age of the Internet, blogs, informational leaks and other items, there is no longer such a thing as 'Inside Information". Any bit of news, rumor, speculation, etc. gets out immediately and spreads like wildfire anyways. Really, what 'inside' info is there really anymore? Politically, sports, there is nothing secret anymore.

2) I refuse to accept one person's opinion about a topic as truth because he may be the 'main guy' covering it. That's not an Anti-Cannizzaro statement, that's just an overall opinion which I maintain for even the Red Wings homers here in Detroit. Just because John Doe is assigned to that team doesn't make him the subject matter expert. Does he deserve credit because he's there day in and out following a team, a little yes. Does that make his opinion more important then say mine? YJF's? Ham's? Bit? Why should it? I'm watching the same god damned disaster he is. Do I need Cannizzaro to tell me Edwards is a freaking idiot? Thought so.

3)For those reasons, paying a premium for a 'fansite' is a poor idea in my mind. A premium is against the entire concept of the 'fansite', regardless of what bells and whistles might come with it. There's nothing that will come with it that I can't get for free on NFL.com, ESPN.com or other 'free' sites. I can read Cannizzaro's main articles online at my leisure. To think he'll add 'extra inside' information into his JI columns and withhold it from his employer would be foolish in my opinion.

Regardless, I wish Sean the best of luck with his endeavors.

Amen...A-freakin-men.

What's happening GOB? Good to see you're still fighting the good fight. Arrest any hippies lately?

Good post Jets6Ever.

I get to read Mark Cannizzaro's article in the paper and then, For 55 dollars. I can chat with him about his article.

What a bargain! :wink: Here's what 55 dollars gets you.

YJF:Hey mark,.. great article on Vilma becoming a leader. He sure is becoming one.

Mark: Yeah, He had the same role at Miami.

For 55 dollars. You can't beat that kind of inside expertise. You can't get that kind of "premium optional" quality from anywhere else.

:lol: Cannizzaro might reveal that Herm has moved into his top FOUR coaches in the league. Stay tuned.

That premium thing makes no sense.

Honestly, what kind of inside news are they gonna have that the rest of the world will not already know or soon know??

Cannizaro: The Jets lost this past sunday to the Atlanta Falcons by a score of 30-23. Pennington was seen taking a shower after the game while Curtis Martin was obviously distressed over his subpar performance.

Inside info my a$$. The same Sh#t Cannizaro will post there, will be around the net in no time and probably in his NY Post column.

I see it this way.......

If it is BIG INSIDE NEWS

You'll hear it everywhere.

While I applaud Sean for taking his website and passion to the next level, I think the Jury is out for pure online only premium sites.

For JI, I am not sure $54 is the right price point. I think the price should be based on the football season, not the entire year as that is when it will be most used, so if you are paying $54, you are really paying for 6 months ($9 a month) which is pretty high.

ArsTechnica has done a pretty good job of going subscription, but they don't hold back content they just offer other features like web space, forum stuff and PDFs of the articles.

Slashdot went the opposite direction by adding a feature to pay NOT to see adds. You basically pay like $.01 an ad you don't see on a page. So if you want to view ten pages a day without ads, you will end up paying $.10.

I would suggest that Sean add a, ad free feature, as well to the mix of features.

Anyway, I love all my websites, but in the past when I have subscribed for premium content I have never felt I got the full value.

I wish JI the best of luck.

BZ

Amen...A-freakin-men.

What's happening GOB? Good to see you're still fighting the good fight. Arrest any hippies lately?

Max, when Bren is done teaching other posters how to post pics, can you have her teach 6Ever how to use the "quote" feature?

While I applaud Sean for taking his website and passion to the next level, I think the Jury is out for pure online only premium sites.

For JI, I am not sure $54 is the right price point. I think the price should be based on the football season, not the entire year as that is when it will be most used, so if you are paying $54, you are really paying for 6 months ($9 a month) which is pretty high.

ArsTechnica has done a pretty good job of going subscription, but they don't hold back content they just offer other features like web space, forum stuff and PDFs of the articles.

Slashdot went the opposite direction by adding a feature to pay NOT to see adds. You basically pay like $.01 an ad you don't see on a page. So if you want to view ten pages a day without ads, you will end up paying $.10.

I would suggest that Sean add a, ad free feature, as well to the mix of features.

Anyway, I love all my websites, but in the past when I have subscribed for premium content I have never felt I got the full value.

I wish JI the best of luck.

BZ

If he wants, I can do a Post of the Day feature for him.

Know what amazes me? This thread about JI has 80+ replies already and doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon... #-o

I don't know if I'll pay for the premium portion, haven't thought about it..but I will still post there and will still interface with friends there..

and here...its no big deal people

Archived