Drafting a Tight End with our #1

TaborJet

I would like the Jets to go defense with the #1 pick, no doubt. All I'm saying is if the top defensive players on the Jets board are gone by #25 and Olsen is still sitting there, then go for it.

If he's the best player available, then maybe but I'd still rather see lineman's name called at 25. I trust the FO, so if they go with Olsen then I'll support that move.

I could see that happening. It all depends on who is left on the board at that point.

I believe the Jets will take the best player available and if that happens to be Olsen then the Jets will take him.

Don't give up on Baker just yet. IMO: He is not being used properly in the offense.

I absolutely agree with you about BAKER. IMO I'd rather have BAP- infrastructure ala BLALOCK then a speedy TE that failed to distinguish himself in college. Sure he ran a 40 that opened eyes. So did JOHNNY MITCHELL! Lets build the OL first and foremost! Baker can do well for us IF we use him correctly.

yeah and next year we will draft a RT with the first pick. and then year after that we will draft a LG because pete retired. your tripin man

I want someone who can block or tackle. Olsen doesnt do either of them well.

We have a nice one-two punch at rb now, but still need a better line to open up holes for them. If that's trippin to you, I dont know what you're on.

I would not be a very happy camper if the Jets took a Olson in the first round.

You win Championships with Defense.

Let's not fool ourselves here. The Jets D last year was not really that good and only got better when they started blitzing like mad. Eventually you pay for constantly going high risk high reward.

They need to get ALOT better on the DL.

They need to get a CB

They could probably use another Linebacker.

Even on the Offensive side of the ball I would look at taking another OL.

Having a pass catching TE at this point just doesn't make sense right now.

I want someone who can block or tackle. Olsen doesnt do either of them well.

We have a nice one-two punch at rb now, but still need a better line to open up holes for them. If that's trippin to you, I dont know what you're on.

I usually don't care if offensive players could tackle. Richard Todd tackled well. I just wish he didn't have so much practice.

If 'cane is not pushing a Miami player you have to wonder. Looking at this draft, I'd prefer D. Unless somebody special drops.

I usually don't care if offensive players could tackle. Richard Todd tackled well. I just wish he didn't have so much practice.

If 'cane is not pushing a Miami player you have to wonder. Looking at this draft, I'd prefer D. Unless somebody special drops.

What I meant was, either take an OL (blocker) or else take a defensive guy.

Olsen isnt as good as bubba franks, winslow or shockey. He isnt a good blocker and had too many drops. He had a good combine performance, but I think he's overrated. Pass.

And a player (Olson) that did exactly squat playing in college that happened to have a quick 40 is?

OMG no Olson would be a horrible pick. If by BPA- everyone means best player available he would not BPA in the 3rd round let alone the 1st.

However if by BPA you mean the finest workout warrior then hell yeah lets pick him.

He would not be a significant upgrade over Baker, besides in the last 5 years with Chad as a QB, the TE has hardly been used, what is going to change that?

your kiddin right. greg olsen would have been a top 10 pick any other year. last year he dropped because of all the things that were going on at u. and not to mention there QB situation

and whos to say a team like Cincy or Carolina wont take him?

Anyone can take Olsen but I'd expect Carolina to take someone like Patrick Willis to play MLB (Fox is a defense first guy) and CIN needs defense in the worst way and is already pretty stacked on offense.

Archived