Maroney has "Damage" in Shoulder (merged)

SoFlaJets

ha...fooled you-and here you thought was another one of "those" threads...

Here's a little blurb about Noodle-Roney and his noodle shoulder

Patriots | Maroney's shoulder a concern?

Mon, 26 Mar 2007 07:13:34 -0700

John Tomase, of the Boston Herald, reports New England Patriots RB Laurence Maroney (shoulder) had offseason shoulder surgery that showed "fairly significant damage," according to a league source. The long-term impact, however, is unclear at this point. The team could not confirm whether Maroney is taking part in the team's offseason conditioning program.

I always thought Maroney was an outstanding back for the simple fact the man has speed, power, and has the patience to be a dominating back. I have always enjoyed watching him run the ball and honestly I wanted us to draft him almost the whole off-season... Him or D.Williams were my top 2 backs coming out.

I really hope he recovers but maybe the Pats can trade him away or something?

haha_simpsons.jpg

Bad news for Pats fans... good thing you let Dillon walk... lol

Yeah, too bad a team snatched him up the second we released him too...oh what's that? He's still available? I would like to see the Patriots throw at draft pick at the Jaguars in exchange for Greg Jones.

brian leonard will never be an nfl back. face it. i have lived 5 minutes away from rutgers my whole life and i have watched him a lot, including his "glory years" which were rutgers' "blow years". he had a great combine, but the combine isnt everything kiddos. he isnt good enough to be a fb because of his size and his blocking. he will not be a rb, because believe it or not, he is not that good. i know im gonna awake the mob of leonard leapers carrying their pitchforks and torches, but hes not natural at either position. saying that leonard will be in the 1st round is like saying that chris henry from arizona should go. im not saying that he wont have a career though. he just wont be the offensive showpiece tha a 1st round pick should be. if the pats drafted him, that would spell the end for the pats in my opinion. pm me if you want to argue this because i dont intend to create a posting war or something.

brian leonard will never be an nfl back. face it. i have lived 5 minutes away from rutgers my whole life and i have watched him a lot, including his "glory years" which were rutgers' "blow years". he had a great combine, but the combine isnt everything kiddos. he isnt good enough to be a fb because of his size and his blocking. he will not be a rb, because believe it or not, he is not that good. i know im gonna awake the mob of leonard leapers carrying their pitchforks and torches, but hes not natural at either position. saying that leonard will be in the 1st round is like saying that chris henry from arizona should go. im not saying that he wont have a career though. he just wont be the offensive showpiece tha a 1st round pick should be. if the pats drafted him, that would spell the end for the pats in my opinion. pm me if you want to argue this because i dont intend to create a posting war or something.

No one is saying Leonard deserves to be a 1st rounder. Late-2nd rounder, at best.

He's not that good even when healthy. They are tied with the bills for worst running game in the division...

Ok.

We were 12th in the league in yards. Buffalo 27th.

4th in the league in rushing TDs. Buffalo 25th.

18th in YPC. Buffalo 28th.

6th in rushing attempts. Buffalo 25th.

How exactly are we tied?

Maroney was in the running for Rookie of Year until he was injured. In light of torn rib muscles and now b ad shoulder, his decline makes a little sense. Of course, this escapes you.

Ok.

How exactly are we tied?

Maroney was in the running for Rookie of Year until he was injured. In light of torn rib muscles and now b ad shoulder, his decline makes a little sense. Of course, this escapes you.

Maroney is a beast when healthy and I was praying he was some how going to be a Jet on draft day. Plus who the hell does Buffalo have now...Anthony Thomas? I take a broken winged Maroney over Thomas any day of the week.

Looks like Maroney will be fine:

PATRIOTS NOTEBOOK

He'll be up and running

Maroney is expected to be OK for season after surgery

By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff | March 27, 2007

PHOENIX -- Patriots running back Laurence Maroney underwent shoulder surgery after the team's AFC Championship Game loss to the Colts, but he should be fully recovered for the 2007 season.

Maroney was in Miami yesterday with his mother, Terri Terrell, meeting with his financial adviser.

"I think he's in great spirits," Terrell said. "He's looking forward to the season. He's fine."

Terrell did not reveal specifics of the surgery -- or which shoulder was injured -- but noted that the procedure took place in the morning and Maroney was discharged from the hospital that afternoon, which she said reflected the fact that it was routine. She said Maroney is not currently wearing a sling and is taking part in conditioning drills to stay in shape. He will be limited with certain weightlifting activities.

good for him...sounds like a minor scoping for loose crap in the joint that could hurt but not really be too big of a deal

I just hope it is not one of the lingering ones that will pop up after a hard hit.

I just hope it is not one of the lingering ones that will pop up after a hard hit.

shoulder injuries are real bad for RB PF-they go into the line squared up and take a LOT of hits-I would be very wary and have some quality back-ups on the ready-maybe draft a RB....again-I think about Herchel Walker and his shoulder issues that hurt his career

Ok.

How exactly are we tied?

Maroney is going to be a HUGE question mark coming into the season.

Maroney is going to be a HUGE question mark coming into the season.

We do not know that.

No one can argue either way what Maroney can do at this point. An article says he is participating in conditioning drills and is not wearing a sling. He is limited in certain weightlifting activities.

What does that mean? Who knows, but it is not to the point where he is a huge question mark. If they draft a RB before the 4th round next month. That is another thing altogether.

shoulder injuries are real bad for RB PF-they go into the line squared up and take a LOT of hits-I would be very wary and have some quality back-ups on the ready-maybe draft a RB....again-I think about Herchel Walker and his shoulder issues that hurt his career

That is what I am saying. I think the draft will say alot.

Okay, so now I get it:

Boston Herald - 3/28/07

PHOENIX - According to a league source, Patriots [team stats] wide receiver Troy Brown [stats] had knee surgery to repair a ruptured patella tendon after the AFC Championship Game and will not make a decision on his future until he has a better idea of his health.

NFL: Related articles, multimedia & images

We do not know that.

No one can argue either way what Maroney can do at this point. An article says he is participating in conditioning drills and is not wearing a sling. He is limited in certain weightlifting activities.

What does that mean? Who knows, but it is not to the point where he is a huge question mark. If they draft a RB before the 4th round next month. That is another thing altogether.

That is what I am saying. I think the draft will say alot.

If I was a Pats fan I would be hoping I don't have the second coming of Ronnie Brown on my team as the go-to guy. A player who is real good but can't do a whole season-right now we DON'T really know if Maroney is or isn't that kind of player

14 games 175-745 4.3 avg. and 6 TDs-is not bad but not great

Okay, so now I get it:

Boston Herald - 3/28/07

PHOENIX - According to a league source, Patriots [team stats] wide receiver Troy Brown [stats] had knee surgery to repair a ruptured patella tendon after the AFC Championship Game and will not make a decision on his future until he has a better idea of his health.

NFL: Related articles, multimedia & images

Archived