First Professional Sporting Event

PatsFanTX

So where did everyone catch their first pro game?

Here's mine:

Baseball: Connie Mack Stadium (Phillies versus Reds)

Football: Memorial Stadium (Colts versus Browns)

Basketball: Spectrum (76ers versus Knicks)

Hockey: Madison Square Garden (Rangers versus Bruins)

Here's mine:

Baseball- Mets/Dodgers 1988 NLCS

Football- 2002 home opening day Jets/Patriots :oops:

Basketball- 1994- Knicks/Sonics

Hockey- never been to a game, and dont care to either

College Hoops- St Johns/UConn 1991

College Football- Rutgers/Miami dont recall the year.

Baseball - Fenway "Pahk" - Don't recall the opponent

Football - "Sullivan Stadium" :shock: - Pats/Buffalo

Basketball - Boston "Gahden" - Harlem

Globetrotters - B-day party.

Hockey - Boston "Gahden" - Bruins/Canadiens - so cool.

First away game ever? The Forum in Montreal -Bruins/Canadiens. WAY cool....and I'm really not that big of hockey fan at all.

JonE - you think YOU feel old? :shock:

I can't believe everyone remembers their opponents. I can't remember what I had for lunch today. :wink:

Baseball: Yankees Stadium (Red Sox and Brewers?)

Football: Shea (Broncos and Bills?)

Hockey: Nassau Mauseleum (Coyotes and Mighty Ducks?)

Basketball: MSG (Spurs and Pacers?)

Baseball: Somewhere between 86 and 89 at Tiger Stadium. It was either a loss to Baltimore or Oakland. I honestly don't remember which came first.

Football: Pontiac Silverdome, 1994, Lions v Packers.

Basketball: The Palace of Auburn Hills, sometime after it opened.

Hockey: As big of a hockey fan I am, I've never seen the Red Wings in person. I've been to a ton of minor league hockey, but nothing from the NHL.

Here's mine:

Wow, you ARE old.

You people all have great memories I can not remember specific dates very late 1970's or 1980's for all these

Jets vs. Raiders- Shea Stadium

Mets vs. Padres- Shea Stadium

Rangers vs. Islanders at MSG

Rutgers vs. some team in college basketball at Rutgers campus

Knicks vs. Celtics at MSG

Basketball: Spurs in the Alamo Dome

Baseball: Astros in the Astrodome

Football: Jets @ Texans 2003 (Deprived I tell ya)

College Football: Texas @ Texas A&M, in the woomb, standing with the 12th Man, in the best stadium in the country, KYLE FIELD, Whoop!

Baseball: Shea Stadium Mets vs. Cards (1969 Eastern Division clincher) I ended up on the field with my old man - very cool

Football - Shea Stadium Jets vs. Bills

Basketball - MSG Knicks vs. Bullets

Hockey - MSG Rangers vs Bruins

Ryno - you seem like a nice fella and it was very nice meeting you this past season. But, I have to ask, what the heck is in your Signature Line? :-s

I think it is the lyrics to one of those redneck Country Western songs.

If not, it should be. :wink:

Ryno - you seem like a nice fella and it was very nice meeting you this past season. But, I have to ask, what the heck is in your Signature Line? :-s

It is secret Jets fan code. It is the only way we can communicate without you patsie junkies knowing what we are saying. It translates into Bellychunk stole a deadmans money with his BS, and now must rot in hell remembering what he has done.

J/K Garb. It is a lyric from a song by the band in my avtar. It doesn't make much sense without the rest of the song, but I'm too lazy to think of anything else right now.

PS: I am a nice fella.

I think it is the lyrics to one of those redneck Country Western songs.

If not, it should be. :wink:

Close TX, but not from anything you would hear on KIKKer or whatever crap station is there in H-town. The band (Micky and the Motorcars) are more on the Americana seen, but today's Nashville crap is not worth a dime. There are, however, several small time bands who represent a genre called "Texas Music" or "Alternative Country" that are very impressive, and they actually sound like the Country of old. More along the lines of the "Outlaw Country" movement of the early 70's. Folks like Willie, Waylon, Coe, etc., in fact, Waylon's son Shooter is along for the ride in this upcoming music revolution.

Close TX, but not from anything you would hear on KIKKer or whatever crap station is there in H-town. The band (Micky and the Motorcars) are more on the Americana seen, but today's Nashville crap is not worth a dime. There are, however, several small time bands who represent a genre called "Texas Music" or "Alternative Country" that are very impressive, and they actually sound like the Country of old. More along the lines of the "Outlaw Country" movement of the early 70's. Folks like Willie, Waylon, Coe, etc., in fact, Waylon's son Shooter is along for the ride in this upcoming music revolution.

Couldn't agree with you more Ryno.

Everything they play on mainstream radio is crap.

it cant be country,,,,theres no references about dogs and pickup trucks...

It is only a few lines of the song. I'm sure there is at least a truck in there somewhere. I'll think about it and get back to you. By the way, please enlighten me. What genre is your prefrence? Obviously it's not country, but then again neither is mine.

Baseball = NY Yankees at home 1976

Football = Jets at home 1988 (Damn what year did the USFL launch. Saw the Generals play a few time with Herschel).

Wrestling = Rocky Johnson vs Don Muraco, Raritan

High School 1985

Boxing = Some Scrub Match in A\C 1987

Boxing (Amateur) = Golden Gloves in the Felt Forum 1976

Baseball = NY Yankees at home 1976

Football = Jets at home 1988 (Damn what year did the USFL launch. Saw the Generals play a few time with Herschel).

Wrestling = Rocky Johnson vs Don Muraco, Raritan

High School 1985

Boxing = Some Scrub Match in A\C 1987

Boxing (Amateur) = Golden Gloves in the Felt Forum 1976

The Generals kicked off in 1983. I actually had season tickets their final season 1985. That was ALOT of fun.

Football, Beer, Summer and not in always in that exact order. :D

There are, however, several small time bands who represent a genre called "Texas Music" or "Alternative Country" that are very impressive, and they actually sound like the Country of old. More along the lines of the "Outlaw Country" movement of the early 70's. Folks like Willie, Waylon, Coe, etc., in fact, Waylon's son Shooter is along for the ride in this upcoming music revolution.

You've got some good taste there - got any suggestions for some of the new bands I should check out? I could listen to Waylon and Willie and Hank and Coe for hours. Yup, call me a redneck :lol:

MLB - Commisky Park - Cubs vs. Sox

NBA - Chicago Stadium - Bulls vs. Celtics

NFL - Soldiers Field - Bears vs. Packers

NHL - Chicago Stadium - Blackhawks vs. Redwings

NPF - Benedictine Field - Chicago Bandits vs. Arizona Heat - going to see Jenny Finch lead the Bandits against the Heat next month in National Pro Fastpitch action. The field is about a mile from my house.

You've got some good taste there - got any suggestions for some of the new bands I should check out? I could listen to Waylon and Willie and Hank and Coe for hours. Yup, call me a redneck :lol:

You've got some good taste in the sauce. Mr. Walker and I are old friends. As for the music, there are a ton of bands you should check out. Reckless Kelly, Micky and the Motorcars, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Randy Rogers Band, Jason Boland and the Straglers, Cory Morrow, Shooter Jennings, Robert Earl Keen Jr. Those should get you started, and you can find them at Lonestarmusic.com Just about anyone on that website puts out good music.

Archived