The Yankees Suck

Smizzy

Piles of steaming crap. Torre needs to resign and some serious changes need to be made. There is no fire or hunger on this team. Makes me miss the dynasty in the late 90's . If Paul O'Neill played on this team, he would be breaking water coolers daily.

Fork, meet torso.

Tell Clemens not to bother and save a huge pile of cash.

Resign A-rod. The guy can play. He's been held back by Torre and this "true Yankee" crap. But for him, this game is much more of an embarrassment.

This season is a disaster movie. Figure you'll have Girardi here next year; let him know as much and let him self-scout/evalulate this team and who else who would want from now until October. Start him fresh; why tarnish him with this crap?Let Torre take these blows. He's as much at fault as anyone. That this team hasn't done a freaking thing since 2001 is a disgrace. He deserved being fired after 2004. Let him take this fall.

Mattingly off his deer-in-the-headlights "why argue?" act is not close to ready.

I am going to agree with the above statement. The Yanks have been sucking it up this year. Torre does need to go. Arod needs to stay next year. Abreu needs to get out of there. What other contracts are up after this year? Lets start talking Free Agency and who we can get.

Wang and Pettitte should stay in the rotation along with Hughes next year.

I think Giambis contarct is up. HE could resign as a Free Agent I think for for a hell of a lot less money.

Cano and Jeter and Arod are staying.

Matsui and Damon should stay(think Damon has 1 more year left)

Posada should be given his extension NOW!!!

I'm surprised no one started this thread sooner. Yankees are sucking and I never would have supported Torre leaving, but something has to give here. I just don't believe replacing Torre is the answer, but heads are gonna roll if it doesn't improve and quick.

I've been a fan since the mid-90's and would be great to have back the excitement that Williams, O'Neil, Brosius, Martinez, etc. brought to the game in the late 90's.

Who was up last yesterday? Phelps? He needed to pull off an Aaron Boone type hit and it just wasn't meant to be.

A9bFFYVO4uw&mode=related&search=

Please. While I take some pleasure in MET hater Smizzy starting this thread it is too early for this.

Yanks are 7 1/2 behind the Tigers for the WC.......yes THAT should be the goal right now.

Also ,remember the Twins were 12 1/2 back later than this last season and won a much tougher division.

Hang in there.

WAY too early,, damn, ,and you call yourselves fans,,

this team is way too talented to continue this way,,, look at it this way,, their slump/injuries are happening up front..they will be playing for wildcard by time its over,

it will come down to last weekend in baltimore, trust me...

Bad things usually happen when you lose your starter before collecting a single out in a ball game, but that game yesterday was still very winnable considering we scored 7 runs. You do not bring in a lefty who cannot get righties out to long relieve. Made no sense. When my brother asked me who we should bring in after rasner got hurt i told him you bring in Villone for 2-3 innings, Bruney for 2-3 innings than bridge it from there. I was appalled when he brought in Myers. Completely mindless decision. Even the righties he got out were hitting frozen ropes on him.

Guidry has to take a hit for that too because Torre was clearly asking him who they should bring into the game.

Bad things usually happen when you lose your starter before collecting a single out in a ball game, but that game yesterday was still very winnable considering we scored 7 runs. You do not bring in a lefty who cannot get righties out to long relieve. Made no sense. When my brother asked me who we should bring in after rasner got hurt i told him you bring in Villone for 2-3 innings, Bruney for 2-3 innings than bridge it from there. I was appalled when he brought in Myers. Completely mindless decision. Even the righties he got out were hitting frozen ropes on him.

Guidry has to take a hit for that too because Torre was clearly asking him who they should bring into the game.

That probably was the thinking of Ronnie G but the reality is, thinking ahead, we're gonna need a fresh Pen for the red sox series, it's better to use 1 pitcher in the bullpen then to exhaust 3/4 of the pitchers and get a$$-raped by Manny and Big Fatty.

That probably was the thinking of Ronnie G but the reality is, thinking ahead, we're gonna need a fresh Pen for the red sox series, it's better to use 1 pitcher in the bullpen then to exhaust 3/4 of the pitchers and get a$$-raped by Manny and Big Fatty.

But we still ended up having to spill the majority of the bullpen yesterday. Villone, Bruney, Farnsworth and Vizcaino all saw action. Had VIllone and Bruney pitched earlier we probably never have to use Myers and its a different game. Villone looks like he is back to throwing the ball the way he was early last year until Torre blew him out. That's good to see.

But we still ended up having to spill the majority of the bullpen yesterday. Villone, Bruney, Farnsworth and Vizcaino all saw action. Had VIllone and Bruney pitched earlier we probably never have to use Myers and its a different game. Villone looks like he is back to throwing the ball the way he was early last year until Torre blew him out. That's good to see.

But what do think Myers will do against right handers like Manny, and Mike Lowell etc.

If he had not been used yestarday he would've been first in line throwing in the pen once the sox come to town.

Give me a break...We are less of a fan now because we can admit we suck? All we ever get is bashed for saying we will trun it around...no we get bashed for admitting this team isn't that good?

eat me.

But what do think Myers will do against right handers like Manny, and Mike Lowell etc.

If he had not been used yestarday he would've been first in line throwing in the pen once the sox come to town.

Couldn't have been much worse than what he did against David Wright.

Please. While I take some pleasure in MET hater Smizzy starting this thread it is too early for this.

Yanks are 7 1/2 behind the Tigers for the WC.......yes THAT should be the goal right now.

Also ,remember the Twins were 12 1/2 back later than this last season and won a much tougher division.

Hang in there.

I have not given up on the season. In fact, I still expect to win the division. I'm pretty pissed about how things are going, though.

The Yankees have too much talent for me to give up on them this early in the season. This is a team that could very easily go on a tear and close a 10game gap to 2 or 3 in a hurry. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but I'm sure as hell not going to say it won't either.

WAY too early,, damn, ,and you call yourselves fans,,

this team is way too talented to continue this way,,, look at it this way,, their slump/injuries are happening up front..they will be playing for wildcard by time its over,

it will come down to last weekend in baltimore, trust me...

What talent? I see no talent, the yankees have no talent.

If Clemens is indeed the second coming of Gawd, and with Hughes' return....the Yankees have to be reckoned with as the wild card entry into the playoff's. I really think the Red Sox would have to self-implode to not win the division - not saying that it can't happen - a few key injuries to the pitching staff at the same time.....and who knows.

If Clemens is indeed the second coming of Gawd, and with Hughes' return....the Yankees have to be reckoned with as the wild card entry into the playoff's. I really think the Red Sox would have to self-implode to not win the division - not saying that it can't happen - a few key injuries to the pitching staff at the same time.....and who knows.

nice avatar, have the cowgirl riding backward and you will have a winner!!!

Give me a break...We are less of a fan now because we can admit we suck? All we ever get is bashed for saying we will trun it around...no we get bashed for admitting this team isn't that good?

eat me.

That's the thing with being Yankee fans. Anything we do is subject to criticism. We are obviously not true fans in most peoples eyes just because of who we root for. That's why I can't take this MuttSox coalition seriously. Some of them manage to be a tiny bit objective about the Yankees but for the most part Yankee fans are much more objective about their team than any other teams fans.

The Yankees have too much talent for me to give up on them this early in the season. This is a team that could very easily go on a tear and close a 10game gap to 2 or 3 in a hurry. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but I'm sure as hell not going to say it won't either.

I definitely agree with that. These first 2 months have been hard to watch but this team has too much talent to be done this early in the season.

Wow good argument! I don't know how I could possibly refute that!

Other teams fans have been predicting the demise of the Yankees every year for the last decade. I rest my case.

nobody is "arguing" with you, so relax junior. what I stated was, your comment, isn't an objective one, since you are a Yankee fan! it's pretty simple to understand. I rest my case.

Archived