Randy Johnson

Blackout

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Randy won 17 in NY....just saying.....but hey you got prospects for him.

his first year was fine, but those 17 wins in 2006 were a fluke when you look at how horrible he was. 5.00 ERA, thats horrible even if it was in Coors.

Actually 20 innings less than the year before in which he also won 17 with a 3.97 era in NY.

Averaged 6 plus innings a start.

and what is your point again?

so the guy was garbage last year for 6 innings a game and thats that.

17 wins and a good year the season before. You saying you cant use him this year?

Same question for Sheffield.

randy wouldn't have even been ready until week 3 or 4, so yes i'd say i'd prefer having pettite this year than randy

and good luck when sheff gets injured again

Dont forget Johnson left the AL east for the NL west...one of the best hitting divisions in the league to one of the worst. Not to mention the NL in general is easier to pitch than the AL.

F*ck Johnson if he was still on the team this year he would pitching just as poorly. He clearly couldn't handle being a Yankee and the AL lineups were too much for him. I'm sure he loves pitching to NL West "hitting" now.

Randy Johnson had a Cy Young type of season last year for the Yankees and they let him go just because he ran in to a bit of bad luck and gave up 6 or more runs a dozen or so times. Know your sabermetrics kids.

Randy Johnson had a Cy Young type of season last year for the Yankees and they let him go just because he ran in to a bit of bad luck and gave up 6 or more runs a dozen or so times. Know your sabermetrics kids.

excellent post.;) MadMike would be proud.

exactly

Yes, because the American League East (with the notable exception of one team) is just sooooooo intimidating.

david ortiz

man-ram

youkilis

carl crawford

bj upton

carlos pena

delmon young

miguel tejada

frank thomas

troy glaus

alex rios

vernon wells

thats quite the list of hitters and I'm selling the Orioles short by only listing Miggy.

david ortiz

man-ram

youkilis

carl crawford

bj upton

carlos pena

delmon young

miguel tejada

frank thomas

troy glaus

alex rios

vernon wells

thats quite the list of hitters and I'm selling the Orioles short by only listing Miggy.

I am talking about teams. Who cares about individual players.

Games are won by teams, not players. The Yankees are a prime example of that statement.

I am talking about teams. Who cares about individual players.

Games are won by teams, not players. The Yankees are a prime example of that statement.

I'm talking about guys who Randy Johnson's team spent 20+ games a year throwing to and why Randy's ERA was higher than Mike Tyson when he got arrested

you said it wasn't a very intimidating division and I pointed out a solid list of hitters who I believe are intimidating.

I'm talking about guys who Randy Johnson's team spent 20+ games a year throwing to and why Randy's ERA was higher than Mike Tyson when he got arrested

you said it wasn't a very intimidating division and I pointed out a solid list of hitters who I believe are intimidating.

Players don't intimidate me teams do.

I will suggest that if the Yankees, as constructed today were to play in the NL West, they would not be much better off than they are today.

Players don't intimidate me teams do.

I will suggest that if the Yankees, as constructed today were to play in the NL West, they would not be much better off than they are today.

Al East lineups are the strongest in baseball.

F*ck Johnson if he was still on the team this year he would pitching just as poorly. He clearly couldn't handle being a Yankee and the AL lineups were too much for him. I'm sure he loves pitching to NL West "hitting" now.

Yep, NL West hitting does blow.

Guys like Barry Bonds, Matt Holliday, Todd Helton, Jeff Kent, Nomar, Russell Martin, Rafael Furcal, Garrett Atkins, Adrian Gonzalez, Brian Giles, and Brad Hawpe would be in AAA if they had to play in the REAL major leagues*.

* - got their asses smoked in the World Series by an inferior minor league team.

Guys like Barry Bonds, Matt Holliday, Todd Helton, Jeff Kent, Nomar, Russell Martin, Rafael Furcal, Garrett Atkins, Adrian Gonzalez, Brian Giles, and Brad Hawpe would be in AAA if they had to play in the REAL major leagues*.

* - got their asses smoked in the World Series by an inferior minor league team.

Is that it? 11 good hitters in a 5 team division? I can more than 11 good hitters between just the sox and yankees.

Jeter, Arod, Matsui, Posada, Manny, Ortiz, Lowell, Youlkilis, Abreu, Damon, Cano, Drew & Giambi.

Al East lineups are stacked. Its almost unfair.

atkins is a joke this year

adrian gonzalez is new to baseball

hawpe and holliday are inflated by coors

helton is inflated, plus hes on the downside of his career this season

bonds* would probably be given the day off next time he plays against the dbacks being a lefty

jeff kent and nomar? wow thats scary :rolleyes:

Is that it? 11 good hitters in a 5 team division? I can more than 11 good hitters between just the sox and yankees.

Jeter, Arod, Matsui, Posada, Manny, Ortiz, Lowell, Youlkilis, Abreu, Damon, Cano, Drew & Giambi.

Al East lineups are stacked. Its almost unfair.

atkins is a joke this year according to your argument, but you bring up Abreu, Damon, Cano & Drew to defend yourself?

atkins is a joke this year according to your argument, but you bring up Abreu, Damon, Cano & Drew to defend yourself?

Where did I say that? Even though Abreu and Drew are struggling, they have track records. Damon and Cano are starting to hit, and like Abreu and Drew, they have track records. I didnt even put Giambi on the list, who was raking the ball until his injury.

atkins is a joke this year

adrian gonzalez is new to baseball

hawpe and holliday are inflated by coors

helton is inflated, plus hes on the downside of his career this season

bonds* would probably be given the day off next time he plays against the dbacks being a lefty

jeff kent and nomar? wow thats scary :rolleyes:

Atkins sucks so far this year, but so do Abreu, Giambi, Damon, and Cano.

Adrian Gonzalez hit 24 home runs last year. I would say he's already introduced himself to baseball.

Matt Holiday is hitting .330 on the road this season. His numbers ARE inflated by Coors, but he would still be a damn good player on any team. Besides, does Randy Johnson NOT have to face Coors Field Holliday? I believe he does.

Bonds* is still a better hitter than any OF the Yankees currently employ.

Jeff Kent > Cano.

I didnt even include the O's, Rays and Bluejays who all have some great players.

I dont think there's any division close to as good as the Al east in terms of lineups.

Tejada, Markakis, Hernandez, Vernon Wells, Overbay, Rios, Glaus, Hill, Crawford, Upton, Young, Baldelli, Iwamura, Dukes.

Throw in the sox and yankees lineup, and the Al East lineups are just ridiculous.

I didnt even include the O's, Rays and Bluejays who all have some great players.

I dont think there's any division close to as good as the Al east in terms of lineups.

Tejada, Markakis, Hernandez, Vernon Wells, Overbay, Rios, Glaus, Hill, Crawford, Upton, Young, Baldelli, Iwamura, Dukes.

Throw in the sox and yankees lineup, and the Al East lineups are just ridiculous.

How about Chipper, Andruw, Renteria, Kelly Johnson, Wright, Delgado, Beltran, Reyes, Howard, Utley, Rollins, Burrell, Zimmerman, Cabrera, Hanley, and Uggla?

If all the great lineups how come no team beside Boston is playing over 500 in AL East?

Where did I say that? Even though Abreu and Drew are struggling, they have track records. Damon and Cano are starting to hit, and like Abreu and Drew, they have track records. I didnt even put Giambi on the list, who was raking the ball until his injury.

I stand behind the statement, if the Yankees were magically placed in teh NL West, their record would be very similar to what it is now.

What, the Yankee bats are suddenly going to become clutch facing Jake Peavy, Chris Young, Brad Penny, Matt Cain, Lincecum?

Their bullpen is going to fix the leaky sieve?

You guys youy can talk line-up's all that you want in that softball league, but it is TEAMS that win championships.

Look no further than the last Yankee championships, and the most recent incarnation of the team.

Archived