Who's The Most Overrated Player In The NFL ?

Ghost

Troll and Sperm

I agree VY is a testament to part of that old addage a QB gets too much credit in wins.

However, I think QB ability while still raw is not as bad as people think. His receivers make the Reche Caldwell-Doug Gabriel-Troy Brown-Jabbar Gaffney look like Pro Bowlers.

Drew Bennett is the headliner and that should speak volumes and he is a Ram now. Bobby Wade? Brandon Jones? Roydell Williams? Has anyone seen David Givens lately? Then he has Bo Scaife, Ben Harstock and Ben Truope as TEs. He has could sue for non-support. :Nuts:

He might not ever be the prettiest throwing QB, but if given a decent compliment of WR/TEs, coupled with his natural talent, he could be a real good QB.

Hey, I thought he had a pretty good game Monday night. But it seems to me that every time this guy does something that is hardly unequivocal - like beating the 'aints with under 200 yards of offense & throwing the only interception the Saints have through 3 games - is made out to be as though he's taking the league by storm.

I don't remember Kyle Orton getting so much credit in '04. Who cares if he sucked ass; all he did was win, right?

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, I thought he had a pretty good game Monday night. But it seems to me that every time this guy does something that is hardly unequivocal - like beating the 'aints with under 200 yards of offense & throwing the only interception the Saints have through 3 games - is made out to be as though he's taking the league by storm.

I don't remember Kyle Orton getting so much credit in '04. Who cares if he sucked ass; all he did was win, right?

I agree.

Living less then an hour drive from the stadium, I am drowned in VY ball washing.

I think he can be as effective as Donovan McNabb. He will not be the technically perfect thrower Peyton is, but given time to develop and some legitimate weapons he could be a Top 10 or maybe Top 5 QB in the league some day.

I agree.

Living less then an hour drive from the stadium, I am drowned in VY ball washing.

I think he can be as effective as Donovan McNabb. He will not be the technically perfect thrower Peyton is, but given time to develop and some legitimate weapons he could be a Top 10 or maybe Top 5 QB in the league some day.

Look - he's just a kid. And he's got gobs of athletic talent.

But enough is enough. People are equating remarkable athletic talent with being a remarkable NFL QB.

Let me know when he's even half the QB that Mark Brunell or Randall Cunningham were. Then he may be deserving of half the fanfare he's receiving.

VY is underrated compared to reggie bush. Everyone must be fooling themselves if they think Bush can handle the whole load with his dancing routines. With the way their offense looks, i think its gonna be a very long season with everyone thinking Bush is gonna "save" this team and light up the offense without Deuce.

Listen!! How dare you question Ham's god given NFL scouting ability? Reggie Bush will be the best RB to ever play in the NFL. Mark it down...mark it down...

Listen!! How dare you question Ham's god given NFL scouting ability? Reggie Bush will be the best RB to ever play in the NFL. Mark it down...mark it down...

I had to call that excellent value at 10 Overall because I was saying for months that Mike Williams is the player I would have drafted for the Jets if I owned the #1 Overall Pick :shock:

:bag:

Look - he's just a kid. And he's got gobs of athletic talent.

But enough is enough. People are equating remarkable athletic talent with being a remarkable NFL QB.

Let me know when he's even half the QB that Mark Brunell or Randall Cunningham were. Then he may be deserving of half the fanfare he's receiving.

He might already be.

Randall did not hit the 60% completion mark for a season until his 8th year. Brunell did it in his second. Vince is over 60% so far. He hit 60% in four of his last 6 games last year and all 3 this year. He is getting better while doing it with little supporting cast.

I agree with you Sperm that their is way too much VY ball washing and the under current like there was with Randall and Vick that he will revolutionize the game.

He might already be.

Randall did not hit the 60% completion mark for a season until his 8th year. Brunell did it in his second. Vince is over 60% so far. He hit 60% in four of his last 6 games last year and all 3 this year. He is getting better while doing it with little supporting cast.

I agree with you Sperm that their is way too much VY ball washing and the under current like there was with Randall and Vick that he will revolutionize the game.

And when Young completes a pass, how far does the play go?

I don't really feel completing 62% of dumpoffs is worth going gaga over.

Wait a minute. Completion % matters to a QB??? It does??

Alright, we got the second best ever!!!! Alright, cool, I thought it didn't matter, but you're a pats fans you have no stake in this, thanks man. How about that rating thing?, is that anything?

I assumed we were talking on a larger scale than just a few posters on this board. Whenever I read about Pennington in the media it's hardly glowing reviews.

Read the thing they have no control over. The top ten in comp% and QB Rating, the system "They" made up to determine who the best QB is. Our guy is #2. They can't change that. It will scroll on the bottom of every sports channel there is. It will be on every website,every newspaper..........

He'll start being on covers of magazines more and more. 2002 DeJa Vu. Damn this Defense! Damn them all to He!!

And when Young completes a pass, how far does the play go?

I don't really feel completing 62% of dumpoffs is worth going gaga over.

Chad has made a living off of that. ;)

Granted, but look at who he is throwing to? No one.

Chad has made a living off of that. ;)

Granted, but look at who he is throwing to? No one.

Look who Brady was throwing to last year. Look who McNabb has been throwing to like his whole career other than 2004. Trent Green had some great receivers his first year as well? Tell me all about the great receivers that Kerry Collins inherited at the start of his career. Tell me all about the great Brian Finneran who was the top receiver on Vick's Falcons.

He may turn into a top passer someday. He's still just in his 2nd year. So he's been fine. But saying that the things he's done throwing the ball thus far suggest he's headed to the HOF is nuts.

Look who Brady was throwing to last year. Look who McNabb has been throwing to like his whole career other than 2004. Trent Green had some great receivers his first year as well? Tell me all about the great receivers that Kerry Collins inherited at the start of his career. Tell me all about the great Brian Finneran who was the top receiver on Vick's Falcons.

He may turn into a top passer someday. He's still just in his 2nd year. So he's been fine. But saying that the things he's done throwing the ball thus far suggest he's headed to the HOF is nuts.

Sperm we are in agreement. That is all I am saying also.

The ball washing he gets, not to mention the cover of Madden, is ridiculous.

He might already be.

Oh, Completion % matters when it comes to rating QB's? Did you know that we have the #2 ALL-TIME in comp%.

Yes, ALL-TIME, That means ALL(Bradshaw,Marino,Elway,Farve,Vonce Young,Tom Brady)

Second, out of Every QB that ever played in that category. Just a little fun-fact.

Oh and he's only getting better, this year, he's over 70%!!!!!!!!!Can you believe it!!

Sorry, what were you saying now about Randall and Vince Young?

Archived