Who's The Most Overrated Player In The NFL ?

Ghost

I really want to hear some opinions, I think it has to be Micheal Vick. He has done nothing in this league, he has some major issues on and off the field. With all of this happening he has a huge contract.

Who do you guys think is the most overrated player ?

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright let me say Rex Grossman, seriously his team was so good he didnt have to do anything, the D scored. Hell the only reason he stayed in was cause the team one, they carried him, but I still hear the guys who say oh no he good thats why he the starter, no its because the coach is a good man and stuck with his choice hoping he would develope into something, which for that team I hope he did....but I doubt it.....

Alright let me say Rex Grossman, seriously his team was so good he didnt have to do anything, the D scored. Hell the only reason he stayed in was cause the team one, they carried him, but I still hear the guys who say oh no he good thats why he the starter, no its because the coach is a good man and stuck with his choice hoping he would develope into something, which for that team I hope he did....but I doubt it.....

Over rated by who though? Seriously,... nobody thinks he is good...

Over rated by who though? Seriously,... nobody thinks he is good...

exactly.

i was going to say Vick, then i saw you put him down first, so i had to rethink, and i came up with Vick again. So there is really no other player that is remotely close, IMO.

As for the McNabb vote? how is that even possible? that team is built entirely around it's deffense. They have a good O-line, a glorified 3rd down back, add in the fact that their receivers are an absolute joke, i would say mcnabb is underrated if anything. He's a stud, and was entirely worth his top 10 pick.

I realize he's been hurt lately, but not all QB's are lucky enough to dodge the injury bug their entire career.

wouldn't say vick only because if a lot of people think someone is over-rated than by definition they aren't. less obvious answers:

-Ty Law

-Trent Green (even pre-concussion i thought he was an overrated, system QB)

-Bush (over-hyped now, but showed sparks last year of eventually living up to it)

-Ray Lewis (ol' stabbo ain't what he used to be)

-Thomas Jones (hope i'm wrong, fear i'm right)

not saying these guys are terrible, mind you. just way overrated.

exactly.

i was going to say Vick, then i saw you put him down first, so i had to rethink, and i came up with Vick again. So there is really no other player that is remotely close, IMO.

As for the McNabb vote? how is that even possible? that team is built entirely around it's deffense. They have a good O-linemen, a glorified 3rd down back, add in the fact that their receivers are an absolute joke, i would say mcnabb is underrated if anything. He's a stud, and was entirely worth his top 10 pick.

I realize he's been hurt lately, but not all QB's are lucky enough to dodge the injury bug their entire career.

When he's healthy I'll take McNabb in a heartbeat, but Vick, I won't.

wouldn't say vick only because if a lot of people think someone is over-rated than by definition they aren't. less obvious answers:

-Ty Law

-Trent Green (even pre-concussion i thought he was an overrated, system QB)

-Bush (over-hyped now, but showed sparks last year of eventually living up to it)

-Ray Lewis (ol' stabbo ain't what he used to be)

-Thomas Jones (hope i'm wrong, fear i'm right)

not saying these guys are terrible, mind you. just way overrated.

All your picks are at the end of their careers, and are clearly not what they used to be. Law was the best corner in the game for about 4 years, Green is a system QB but had no receivers to work with, i would be surprised to hear anyone calling him a top 10 QB (even in his hay-day). Lewis is on the downward slop of his career, or course he's not as good. as for TJ, he was always just decent, had two good seasons in chicago, but to call him overrated is a reach.

Bush will prove to be overrated, Leon's numbers will be as good or better than bush's in the long run.

All your picks are at the end of their careers, and are clearly not what they used to be. Law was the best corner in the game for about 4 years, Green is a system QB but had no receivers to work with, i would be surprised to hear anyone calling him a top 10 QB (even in his hay-day). Lewis is on the downward slop of his career, or course he's not as good. as for TJ, he was always just decent, had two good seasons in chicago, but to call him overrated is a reach.

Bush will prove to be overrated, Leon's numbers will be as good or better than bush's in the long run.

not all of them are at the end of their career. 3 are. 1 is a rookie. 1 is in his prime. besides, at the end is when they tend to be over-rated because they get undue props for past achievements that they can no longer accomplish and hence teams vastly overpay for their diminishing talents. if that's not the definition of over-rated, than what is?

Rex Grossman had a better season than Chad Pennington. And he was basically a rookie. People need to get off his damn back. I'm tired of the "their defense carried them to the Super Bowl" argument. I guess people have short memories and forget where Rex Grossman had the QB performance of the playoffs (up to that point) against Seattle. Come on now, really. You are calling a 26-year old that threw 23 TDs in his first full season over-rated, yet a 31-year old that threw 17 in his first full season is a top ten QB. I wonder what our resident QB experts would think about Rex if he was wearing green and white? Methinks he would be a "top ten quarterback".

And to answer the question, it's Vince Young. One completely undeserved award and one Madden cover later.

Rex Grossman had a better season than Chad Pennington. And he was basically a rookie. People need to get off his damn back. I'm tired of the "their defense carried them to the Super Bowl" argument. I guess people have short memories and forget where Rex Grossman had the QB performance of the playoffs (up to that point) against Seattle. Come on now, really. You are calling a 26-year old that threw 23 TDs in his first full season over-rated, yet a 31-year old that threw 17 in his first full season is a top ten QB. I wonder what our resident QB experts would think about Rex if he was wearing green and white? Methinks he would be a "top ten quarterback".

And to answer the question, it's Vince Young. One completely undeserved award and one Madden cover later.

rex is maddening and that's what puzzles people. i'd rather have a consistent solid QB with "worse" total stats at the end of a season than a QB who is on fire half the games and total garbage the other half.

That's who I immediately thought of, Madden just loves to put black, overrated QBs on the cover of his game, Mike Vick, D-McNabb, and now VY.

not all of them are at the end of their career. 3 are. 1 is a rookie. 1 is in his prime. besides, at the end is when they tend to be over-rated because they get undue props for past achievements that they can no longer accomplish and hence teams vastly overpay for their diminishing talents. if that's not the definition of over-rated, than what is?

Of all of them i think Law is the best choice. he was pretty much done the year before the jets signed him (injured that year, but no where near what he used to be). Maybe its just me, but i don't consider lewis or green much of threats, so i don't have them rated highly. i can't speak for everyone i guess.

rex is maddening and that's what puzzles people. i'd rather have a consistent solid QB with "worse" total stats at the end of a season than a QB who is on fire half the games and total garbage the other half.

Remember that month and a half stretch this season when Chad didn't throw for over 200 yards in any game and we were shut out twice?

Chad Pennington is not exactly the poster boy for "consistently solid" QBs.

Frank Gore

I had this guy on my fantasy team so I followed him pretty closely last season. All of his yards would come in garbage time against garbage defenses. Plus he was facing the defenses of the NFC West, not really a scary proposition. If he was in a real division, his numbers wouldn't have been nearly as impressive.

basically a rookie? your either a rookie or just still play like one thats it. thier defense didnt carry them thats true, it was the entire supporting cast, the man was sacked how much? I dont know but Im guessing he had a lot of time to throw, and anytime that they couldnt give im 20 mins in the back field he had an "off" game, or maybe he just showed how bad he was, Any guy who makes it to the NFL is good, but only a pro can make it happen under pressure, like who you ask? Yeah thats right chad, how much was he hurried and pressured all season, coming off a bad infury. There is no way you can rate REx in the same braket as Chad, no way. Oh and if Rex was a Jets it wouldnt be for long...

I will take a different route, the entire Raiders' Defense. Teams did not try against the Raiders, and most of the time it was blowouts, so backups came in, thus creating inflated numbers.

You make no sense.

Raider's had a top-three defense. You say it was because they played back-up offenses?

Does that explain why they lead the league in passing defense?

Playing a back-up defense against their ridiculously weak offense might make sense but teams don't just not-try to score points... If anything a weak opponent allows a team to boost their stats. This clearly wasn't the case involving the Oakland defense.

Why would he be kidding? Vince Young is a f'n terrible QB.

You guys are kidding right ?

Vince Young carried the entire Titan organization on his shoulder as a ROOKIE. They ended up 8-8 and ohmost making the playoffs just because of Vince. I wanna ask you a quick question..You'll take Vince Young over Pennington righttttttt ?

You guys are kidding right ?

Vince Young carried the entire Titan organization on his shoulder as a ROOKIE. They ended up 8-8 and ohmost making the playoffs just because of Vince. I wanna ask you a quick question..You'll take Vince Young over Pennington righttttttt ?

Apparently you watch too much espn. Young was hardly the reason they went 8-8, but this year he'll be part of the reason they go 6-10. He cant throw the rock.

I'd rather not have either Chad or Young. They both stink.

Apparently you watch too much espn. Young was hardly the reason they went 8-8, but this year he'll be part of the reason they go 6-10. He cant throw the rock.

I'd rather not have either Chad or Young. They both stink.

Apparently you didn't see the Texans, Giants, Colts, Bills, and Jaguars games. He took over as a rookie, and your calling him overrated ? I still don't believe it.

Archived