The Vote

BornJetsFan1983

Vote how you feel about Chad  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Vote how you feel about Chad

• Who noodle arm? That guy sucks, Barton is right.
    • Plain and simple: Chad is mediocre "Smizzys choice"
    • Hey I watch ESPN, Chad is good but hes not a superstar or anything
    • C'mon Chad he's great, dont you listen to Ecurb
    • Who cares? Kellen Clemens is going to be better "the 124 approach"

I voted he's "great" b/c it was the closest choice. I actually think Chad is very good when halthy not great. Great is Tom Brady and as good as Chad is he's not on that level and never will be. He wins alot of games for us when he's healthy and if we can get the right pieces around him we can win it all w/ Chad.

Well of course I voted for mine but my outlook is not "Who cares?" My out look is the same as Smizzy, mediocre and knowing that he is not going to lead this franchise to a championship.

He's a good QB could start for a lot of teams, but he's one of those middle of the road guys who never had the one good year. All middle of the road QB's get there chance to have one really good year, and the rest of the time they are a good QB who will win you games and depending on the division get you to the playoffs. Delhomme, Plummer, Losman, Grosman, Leftwich...they are all the same, they are interchangable. I guarantee if you swapped Chad with any one of them, the Jets would have had the same record. If you put Chad on the Superbowl Bears last year, they still would have lost. They are QB's that don't make a difference, they just pass the ball, and Chad is one of them.

He's a good QB could start for a lot of teams, but he's one of those middle of the road guys who never had the one good year. All middle of the road QB's get there chance to have one really good year, and the rest of the time they are a good QB who will win you games and depending on the division get you to the playoffs. Delhomme, Plummer, Losman, Grosman, Leftwich...they are all the same, they are interchangable. I guarantee if you swapped Chad with any one of them, the Jets would have had the same record. If you put Chad on the Superbowl Bears last year, they still would have lost. They are QB's that don't make a difference, they just pass the ball, and Chad is one of them.

Chad's one big year was 2002 where he led the NFL in passing and led us to a division ttile after we started 1-4, 2-5 and yes if Chad was on Chi last year they would have had a much better chance to beat Indy.

Being a QB is about making good decisions based on the talent, situation and conditions. He is very good at that, not all pro but very good. If this were about arn strenght then Eli Manning would be all world, but his choices on the field are not very good. It will be interesting to see how he does this season after no rehab and going into a season with the same OC and system.

OK Im really really getting sick of all this. Why start judging Chad and others during the bloody off-season. He cant prove anything when hes not playing. Theres no point in making rash and stupid predictions about how hes going to "fail" as if you can predict the bloody future.

Wait till the season pans out before you start calling for Chads head as its not going to acheive anything now.

Ya know, the more i think about it, no wa in the world do i want to go on record about chad this year before the season starts. I really thought we would be scrambling last year by week 4 with a rookie qb after the coaches saw Chad's arm was beyond repair from back to back rotator injuries. But what does the guy do, takes a team that should have been a bottom dweller to the playoffs. Now, he obviously didn't do it with flash, but he got it done. The interesting thing is, in his entire career he has never been in the situation he is now, coming off playing an entire season, and healthy heading into training camp for a new season. Who in their right mind thinks they can accurately say one way or the other how he will come out of the gate this season? The beginning of each season has been coming off of an injury of some type, and for once he really has the opportunity to get into camp and work on improving, not rehabbing. After seeing what he bounced back from with last season's performance, it is just as plausable that he has an all-pro season as it is possible he is out by week 6. So there is no way I would be arguing on here about the impending doom of chad pennington, or the superbowl he will lead us to, it is just absurd to be sure of either. Obviously as a Jets fan I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and have a little bit of hope and homerism, but really, what is wrong with that. Sports are like our soap opera, our fairy tales, there is no reason why you can't suspend logical thinking a little bit and just jump into the homer pool and be behind your team 100% heading into the season.

](*,) Ok, I voted that Chad is mediocre, but does that mean that Kellen is any better, NO. I find it RIDICULOUS that amount that people care about Chad and Kellen, even to the point where they want the team to lose. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? This isn't being a Jet fan, this is just being pathetic. Why the hell can't this be settled at: We'll see how training camp and the season goes?

Why isn't there a "Chad is mediocre and he has a noodle arm" Troll option?

On a side note, what is with the "I watch ESPN" option? Are you implying that ESPN can actually teach a person about football or its players?

On a side note, what is with the "I watch ESPN" option? Are you implying that ESPN can actually teach a person about football or its players?

Well you can learn about whose on what team. Plus if you know nothing you can learn alot. My girlfriend knows what a 3 4 defense is and knows about challenges I think. She might have learned that watching the games and listening to me but Ill give ESPN the credit.

Well you can learn about whose on what team. Plus if you know nothing you can learn alot. My girlfriend knows what a 3 4 defense is and knows about challenges I think. She might have learned that watching the games and listening to me but Ill give ESPN the credit.

ESPN is nothing more than a hype machine. For entertainment value only.

Why not just do your own poll ? Then you can label it anyway ya want. Just askin. :biggrin:

I agree with you 100% that he is a middle of the road guy. There are lots of them out there and they all are good enough to wins games, but rarely ever win the big one unless they are surrounded by a lot of talent.

POTW NOW!

Archived