For all the chad-haters

joebabyny

So garb, since you happened into this thread, what say you with taking my wager? You aren't a kitty-cat are ya?

Sig bets ARE for Kitty-cats. If you're 'gonne bet, wager some money. Anything else is for messageboard kitty-cats.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is a reason those teams have winning records you know.... Im pretty sure its because they win...

I've gone to great lengths expounding on Chad's many virtues and won't regress into any argument about how it's much more than Chad keeping us from a Lombardi Trophy. The Jets are building a powerhouse team from all indications. In keeping with that, Chad is going to have to get more than a little better to fall in line with the current rebuilding effort. At some point soon, if he doesn't improve his game appreciably, he will be the weak link in the chain keeping us from becoming elite.

joebaby - I will do a sig bet with you but not one based on QB rating.

I have never been a big fan of it and any look at the Top 20 alltime list based on QB ratings sees a few QBs that no one in their right mind would say is an alltime Top 20 QB.

Something on the lines of what Sperm suggested, (i.e. goals) would work.

We can come up with attainable goals for Chad.

Passing yards

TDs

INTs

Come up with a few more to make it a best of 5 or 7. He has played long enough to come up with an average and to work on numbers from there.

You're not serious, are you?

Have you ever seen me write anything like this when I wasn't kidding around? I even went WAY over the top, using an absurd word like "lowlife" & the always silly "you don't deserve to root for my Jets" for added effect. Only a child would write something like I posted & mean it. If nothing else, then consider the source; am I a Jets-can-do-no-wrong or all-things-Jets-are-to-be-revered person?

Figured you would be able to realize this. Thanks a lot - now I must sift through fan mail from Garb.

:rl:

Dude, when i read it, it sure sounded legit, especially the way you called me a lowlife. If that was a joke then cool, i am glad i left work and didn't keep posting rebutts on that post, lol.

joebaby - I will do a sig bet with you but not one based on QB rating.

I have never been a big fan of it and any look at the Top 20 alltime list based on QB ratings sees a few QBs that no one in their right mind would say is an alltime Top 20 QB.

Something on the lines of what Sperm suggested, (i.e. goals) would work.

We can come up with attainable goals for Chad.

Passing yards

TDs

INTs

Come up with a few more to make it a best of 5 or 7. He has played long enough to come up with an average and to work on numbers from there.

Honestly, I think the amended bet, a combo of qb rating of players playing AT LEAST 10 games this season and a winning record against teams better then 500 would be a good indication of Chad being a worthy qb of getting the jets all the way. IT would prove he gets the job done against good defenses and performs as a very good qb compared to the rest of the field.

10 games is a complete JOKE. He has to start all 16 games, first and foremost.

QB rating is also a JOKE. QB rating doesnt win games, touchdowns win games.

Here's my proposal:

Chad must start all 16 games. Chad has to throw for 20 (or more) touchdowns on the season (weeks 1-17), and 10 TDs (or more) than INTs.

So if he throws for 21tds/11ints, then you get my sig. But if he throws for 20tds and 13ints, I get your sig. Rushing touchdowns dont count.

Let me know.

Here's my proposal:

Chad must start all 16 games. Chad has to throw for 20 (or more) touchdowns on the season (weeks 1-17), and 10 TDs (or more) than INTs.

So if he throws for 21tds/11ints, then you get my sig. But if he throws for 20tds and 13ints, I get your sig. Rushing touchdowns dont count.

Let me know.

dude, i am not gonna start taking different bets with different people.

Here's my proposal:

Let me know.

So you think the bets Chad will do is start 15 games... throw 19 TD's and 14 INT's?

I'll take any bet you want that has to do with noodle arm, He will be lucky to make it threw this season,his history can prove that!!!

SO I'm in ,This will be funny as hell if Chad gets the Crap beat out of him in game one Vs the Pats.

This year will not be as easy as last year and pennyboy will have his hands full.

Chad is a BUM and everyone here knows it thier just afraid to say it , Those are the real pussies or as Garb likes to say Kitty Cats.

I'll take any bet you want that has to do with noodle arm, He will be lucky to make it threw this season,his history can prove that!!!

SO I'm in ,This will be funny as hell if Chad gets the Crap beat out of him in game one Vs the Pats.

This year will not be as easy as last year and pennyboy will have his hands full.

QUOTE]

what a stupid thing for a Jets fan to write

QB rating is not what you should be juding the success of a Quarterback on. Wins and championships are what you should be focusing on, maybe even TD to INT ratio as well, not QB rating. Anyone can throw 5 yard slants and move up their completion percentage and rating.

If we are to make a bet that he won't win more then 10 games, INCLUDING the playoffs, then I am down.

I'll think your previous offer over and get back to you later on.

QB rating is not what you should be juding the success of a Quarterback on. Wins and championships are what you should be focusing on, maybe even TD to INT ratio as well, not QB rating. Anyone can throw 5 yard slants and move up their completion percentage and rating.

If we are to make a bet that he won't win more then 10 games, INCLUDING the playoffs, then I am down.

You'll lose by week 14.

Still would be tied. I'm asking for more then 10 wins for the Jets this season with Chad starting. He has never done it before.

Obviously if you haven't done something in the past you cannot do it in the future. I love how you always lean on that argument. I said the same thing about Manning and winning a super bowl. whoops, i guess he can win it.

Next year you will probably say Chad can never win 13 games in a season. I don't even know why i respond to you...whatever...

Chad is a BUM and everyone here knows it thier just afraid to say it , Those are the real pussies or as Garb likes to say Kitty Cats.

Cool, that is number two to take me up on the bet!

Max, can you please sticky this for the season?

I'll think your previous offer over and get back to you later on.

I don't see how ANYONE could argue that if Chad ends up in the top 1/3 of qb's who played 10 or more games AND has a winning record against other teams with winning records that he is not a great qb for us

I don't see how ANYONE could argue that if Chad ends up in the top 1/3 of qb's who played 10 or more games AND has a winning record against other teams with winning records that he is not a great qb for us

You'll get no argument here Joe. Aside from losing the bet to you - I'll go buy a Pennington jersey, take a picture of me in it, and use it as my avatar.

QB rating??? LOL. Who cares about QB rating? Until I accept that Damon Huard was the 2nd-best QB in the NFL last year, I will not accept this as a substitute for things that actually matter.

Why not bet that he'll do something that causes wins where lesser QB's would not:

- come back from a deficit of greater than 7 points

- have a winning record vs >.500 teams

- pass for >3500 yds (I would never set his bar so high as to make it 3800-4000 yds. Let's start small).

- throw 25 TD passes in an NFL season (If we have a ridiculously effective goal-line run game that gets 15 TD's on the ground I'll absolve him a little & accept a total of 20 that even Michael Vick was capable of last year with no WR's).

- have a TD:INT ratio separated by 10 or greater

SP, I agree with you.

I think with a running game going Penny should have at least a water mark of 20 TD's and no more than 10 INT's. That should be his benchmark/water mark. If Penny has these stats the Jet's will win the East hands-down. I don't think 25 TD's is doable for Penny.

Given the schedule, a ONE game improvement from last year is all I am hoping for, from 10-6 to 11-5. I don't think that is impossible.

As for the betting, A QB rating is useless in this context.

I think that may be a bit of a reach. The purpose of this isn't that i think Chad is an exceptional QB, but that he is very good and capable of taking this team all the way. According to your perameters looking at last year's stats comes up with these qb's

Drew Brees (but barely with 11 ints)

payton Manning

Marc Bulger (but barely with 24 tds)

Tom Brady (who is actually your baseline at 3525 yds, 24 tds and 12 ints!!!!!)

There are a lot of very good qbs on superbowl contending teams who do not meet your stats. If you want to suggest a bet instead of qb rating then fine, but lets try and be accurate. I never said Chad would be like Brady this year, and heck even Carson Palmer didn't meet these requirements!

Oh please, all those categories are reasonably in the top 10. None are near the best, all are at 10 or just slightly above. those criteria are what makes a top 10 QB, not some stupid rating system that values completion percentage regardless of the yards per attempt.

You're just trying to take the easy way out by using a flawed qualification that favors noodle armed QB's.

I thought you were a Jets fan?????

Here are the vital stats for Penny and our Jets upcoming season if we want to go the Playoffs:

Penny min 20TD's max 10 INTs, starts 16 games.

Running game, min 1000 yards. Best case, 1400 yards (combined).

LBacker Sacks, min 7, best case 10.

DLine sacks, min 15, best case 20.

secondary sacks, min 5, best case 10.

take aways +10 min, take aways best case +15 (mind you thats with penny throwing 10 INTs).

Hey, the bet was issued, step up or step down........pussy

lol

QB rating is a pussy stat. Means nothing, at all.

Anybody know where Chad was ranked in QB rating last year of all starting QBs? He was probably like 12th-15th I would guess.

Anybody know where Chad was ranked in QB rating last year of all starting QBs? He was probably like 12th-15th I would guess.

He was 12th in the NFL and thats exactly where he belongs.

He was 12th in the NFL and thats exactly where he belongs.

Thanks. And that is extremely close to top 1/3 in the league, and thats a sh#tty season he had too. He probably will be in the top 1/3 in the league in regards to QB rating (which means nothing), as long as he stays healthy......and I dont crash a havoc heli into his right shoulder come training camp.......on accident of course......

Thanks. And that is extremely close to top 1/3 in the league, and thats a sh#tty season he had too. He probably will be in the top 1/3 in the league in regards to QB rating (which means nothing), as long as he stays healthy......and I dont crash a havoc heli into his right shoulder come training camp.......on accident of course......

QB rating means more than TD/INT ratio. Thats for sure. Every comprehensive stat has chad in the 10-15 range which is exactly where he should be.

Oh please, all those categories are reasonably in the top 10. None are near the best, all are at 10 or just slightly above. those criteria are what makes a top 10 QB, not some stupid rating system that values completion percentage regardless of the yards per attempt.

You're just trying to take the easy way out by using a flawed qualification that favors noodle armed QB's.

Maybe any of those qualifications individually, but not when added together. The numbers don't lie, look at last years stats. I took what you said and applied it to last years players and that is what i came up with.

So you mean if chad ends up with a qb rating better then 2/3 the league AND has a winning record against winning teams you would still consider him as unfit as our starting qb? Because that is the bet you are unwilling to take because you continue to say that qb rating is meaningless. You are not taking consideration of the entire bet.

So you mean if chad ends up with a qb rating better then 2/3 the league AND has a winning record against winning teams you would still consider him as unfit as our starting qb? Because that is the bet you are unwilling to take because you continue to say that qb rating is meaningless. You are not taking consideration of the entire bet.

A winning record vs winning teams with winning records at the end of the season, or are you gonna count a win vs a winning team who has a 2-1 record?

He wont have a winning record vs winning teams (who have winning records by the end of the season).

A winning record vs winning teams with winning records at the end of the season, or are you gonna count a win vs a winning team who has a 2-1 record?

He wont have a winning record vs winning teams (who have winning records by the end of the season).

How in the world can a team have a 2-1 record if they play 16 games in a season? Do you think i mean at the time they play each other? That would be dumb. At the end of the season, we look at the records of each team chad played, and that is how we decide if chad has a winning record against opponents.

If you state that he will not have a winning record, then take the bet, the qb rating is just extra insurance for you. He would need BOTH for me to win.

Archived