For all the chad-haters

joebabyny

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am not taking a bet on QB rating.

Any statistic that tells me that Damon Huard was the second best QB in the NFL last season is a flawed one.

That is only half the bet, the other half AS STATED IN THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD is that chad has a winning season against winning teams.

So are you gonna step up to the plate The Troll? Or sit back and slam Chad all season but not man up to the bet?

That is only half the bet, the other half AS STATED IN THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD is that chad has a winning season against winning teams.

So are you gonna step up to the plate The Troll? Or sit back and slam Chad all season but not man up to the bet?

Fine. I am in, but I could care less about the QB rating part of the bet.

Chad Pennington has retained a starting job since 02' even with multiple career ending injuries... as well as leading his team into the playoffs and even playoff wins..

For those who hate him... you got nothing... he owns you... he has been the starter for 6 years now through multiple coaches, injuries, and systems...

Deal with the fact that your wrong... Chad is the guy, has been the guy, and will be the guy... history proves that.

Chad Pennington has retained a starting job since 02' even with multiple career ending injuries... as well as leading his team into the playoffs and even playoff wins..

For those who hate him... you got nothing... he owns you... he has been the starter for 6 years now through multiple coaches, injuries, and systems...

Deal with the fact that your wrong... Chad is the guy, has been the guy, and will be the guy... history proves that.

WIN A SUPERBOWL! Until then, I AM RIGHT!

WIN A SUPERBOWL! Until then, I AM RIGHT!

He owns you.... call him a ****ty QB all you want... multiple OC's and Head coaches think he is the guy... and he always manages to have a winning season...

Your wrong... sorry barton... you are not smarter than Tangini/Shotty

Its on my list of things to ponder... :)

Well, if you are SO sure you are right about Chad, then it shouldn't take much pondering at all.

You claim he's a top QB. Top Qbs step up their game against top competition. Shouldn't be a problem, should it?

Well, if you are SO sure you are right about Chad, then it shouldn't take much pondering at all.

You claim he's a top QB. Top Qbs step up their game against top competition. Shouldn't be a problem, should it?

Im actually pondering making up a different bet... Im not sure yet... i will decide soon...

Not to mention he's guaranteed that Chad will win the superbowl this year.

STEP UP, ecurb. OR STEP THE F DOWN! :Nuts:

Hey JB, I just realized something. Prior to your suggestion on a bet which I think

was an excellent ideabut has flaws, you had guys for various reasons hoping that Chad would

fail to satisfy their agendas. We even had a go around with one who some thought

was hoping he got injured.

Now with your idea of a bet you now have a few Jet fans who will be sitting in

front of their TV's this year hoping that Chad fails and consequently the Jets lose.

Unfreakin believable. The Pats fans must be laughing their ass es off over this one.

Actually it a good thing you didn't make the bet for substantially real money.

They might sneak into the parking lot and cut his brakes.

another issue..

I asked you the other day if the bet was for Chad against a winning team when

they played them or the end of the season. You said it would be for the end of the

season. Now you will be keeping a lot of stats this year and I wonder if you

could keep track of his performance against each team that they play that has

a winning record at the time they play them. Might be a little hard at the start

of the season but lets see how that works out. thanks.

History proves he is mediocre.

History proves he could not beat another mediocre QB for the starting job. It was handed to him.

History proves he has held on his job by holding of VT, Brooks Bollinger, Quincy Carter, Kellen Clemens and Patrick Ramsey. It is not like he has ever won the job, it has been given to him by default because he is the greatest sum of lesser parts.

Everyday that goes by and that horrible contract he signed becomes less of a burden and puts him a step closer Chad is to finishing his career as a journeymen QB.

Hey JB, I just realized something. Prior to your suggestion on a bet which I think

was an excellent ideabut has flaws, you had guys for various reasons hoping that Chad would

fail to satisfy their agendas. We even had a go around with one who some thought

front of their TV's this year hoping that Chad fails and consequently the Jets lose.

Unfreakin believable.

Thats not accurate Sr. I certainly don't hope Chad gets injured nor do I want to see him stink up the field. He's got some real strengths and if he can put the ball in the hands of our WR's and allow the Jets to score enough to win football games - why wouldn't any Jet fan want to see him under center forever?

What I don't want is to have Chad look beautiful in executing play fakes, hard counts, reading D's and calling good audibles - and then not hit the receivers with the ball for win critical completions. If he starts doing that consistantly against most all his opponents - we should also enjoy a heightened ground attack and can look at getting beyond just making the play-off's. I have faith Mangini and company will provide the rest of the tools and the strategy.

I'm simply betting against Chad's ability to make it happen in the area's he has control of and it's not because I don't like the guy. If he puts it all together and HELPS the Jets to have a winning record against opponents that beat more teams than they lose to - I win bigtime as a Jet fan and could care less about what Joey's going to make me carry around as a signature on an internet message board. Although I have a feeling it will be painful.

Thats not accurate Sr. I certainly don't hope Chad gets injured nor do I want to see him stink up the field. He's got some real strengths and if he can put the ball in the hands of our WR's and allow the Jets to score enough to win football games - why wouldn't any Jet fan want to see him under center forever?

What I don't want is to have Chad look beautiful in executing play fakes, hard counts, reading D's and calling good audibles - and then not hit the receivers with the ball for win critical completions. If he starts doing that consistantly against most all his opponents - we should also enjoy a heightened ground attack and can look at getting beyond just making the play-off's. I have faith Mangini and company will provide the rest of the tools and the strategy.

I'm simply betting against Chad's ability to make it happen in the area's he has control of and it's not because I don't like the guy. If he puts it all together and HELPS the Jets to have a winning record against opponents that beat more teams than they lose to - I win bigtime as a Jet fan and could care less about what Joey's going to make me carry around as a signature on an internet message board. Although I have a feeling it will be painful.

Obviously kidding about injuring him. Also no one is saying you don't like him.

You separate the guy from his football abilities. As far as anyone knows hes a good

family man and has stayed out of trouble.

However you made a bet. The problem is that if you lose its no big deal. I could

care less if i lost and had to have a signature that sucks. Its not like the board

is going to come to your house with torches and pitch forks.

If I had any remote interest in this I would have bet a minimum of $250

on my stance and then see who on here would come to play.

History proves he is mediocre.

History proves he could not beat another mediocre QB for the starting job. It was handed to him.

History proves he has held on his job by holding of VT, Brooks Bollinger, Quincy Carter, Kellen Clemens and Patrick Ramsey. It is not like he has ever won the job, it has been given to him by default because he is the greatest sum of lesser parts.

Everyday that goes by and that horrible contract he signed becomes less of a burden and puts him a step closer Chad is to finishing his career as a journeymen QB.

Actually TX there has never been a reason to bring in a better QB to challenge him. When healthy the Jets have been a play-off team. Brady has spoiled you and you forget the decades of NE ineptness.

BTW- the usual suspects all claimed Ramsey, Vinny, Carter and Clemens to be better QB's who would displace Chad as our QB. If you make these claims every year with a new name each time eventually you will be right and can be annointed a " I told you so guy" which is the real agenda anyway.

Actually TX there has never been a reason to bring in a better QB to challenge him. When healthy the Jets have been a play-off team. Brady has spoiled you and you forget the decades of NE ineptness.

BTW- the usual suspects all claimed Ramsey, Vinny, Carter and Clemens to be better QB's who would displace Chad as our QB. If you make these claims every year with a new name each time eventually you will be right and can be annointed a " I told you so guy" which is the real agenda anyway.

:rl: TX

Unfreakin believable. The Pats fans must be laughing their ass es off over this one.

Actually it a good thing you didn't make the bet for substantially real money.

They might sneak into the parking lot and cut his brakes.

Who in the hell was that? We should crucify him!!

Listen, I wont root for the Jets to lose. I've tried to do it in the past (reggie bush sweepstakes 05'), but I couldnt do it.

Once the games start I'll root for Chad & the Jets, but.....

drago.jpg

"If he tears his rotator cuff, he tears his rotator cuff."

Wrong GS.

The Patriots' decades of ineptness has shown me what a $hitty limited QB looks like.

I see one in Hempstead.

BTW leave the humor to Tex. He was good at it. You are not.

Ok, JB, I'm on your side about Chad, I think he's good enough.

But I would never take this bet. Football is the ultimate team game, and most of the statistics used to validate bets like this are contrived ones like QB rating. Even passing yards, touchdowns and completion percentage are so dependent on other players that they are essentially worthless in evaluating individuals within the game.

Even wins and losses can't give a true impression of the value of any particular position. Peyton hadn't won anything before last year (usually because of a lousy defense) but which among us wouldn't have taken him in a heartbeat? Would Tom Brady be rated as high if he was a Raiders QB instead of on the Patriots? Anyone remember Dan Fouts? Great QB who never won because they never had any defense to go with it. On the other hand, had the Bears won the Super Bowl, would Rex Grossman instantly become a good QB? Is Trent Dilfer a good QB?

Statistics taken outside of the context of the game have no meaning in football. How many passing yards come because the team is woefully behind in the 1st quarter, or because the offensive scheme is either run-oriented or pass-oriented?

How do we evaluate QBs then? The only answer I have is that I know a good one when I see one. Subjective, I know, but life is not just a game of statistics.

Flame on!

another issue..

I asked you the other day if the bet was for Chad against a winning team when

they played them or the end of the season. You said it would be for the end of the

season. Now you will be keeping a lot of stats this year and I wonder if you

could keep track of his performance against each team that they play that has

a winning record at the time they play them. Might be a little hard at the start

of the season but lets see how that works out. thanks.

I don't have to keep track of everything, at the end of the season i look at the final records of each team we played, and I figure out what our record is against teams who have winning records themselves. I could give an example of this, but i think it is pretty simple to understand.

If I had any remote interest in this I would have bet a minimum of $250

on my stance and then see who on here would come to play.

Well, my reason for doing the sig bet is a few. First, I do not want to take cash from anyone on the board over a bet. Second, I am sure the people betting with me are still jets fans, so like NJ said, if they lose the bet that means Chad and the Jets did well, so they still win, but only have to deal with the sigs i will make them carry, which will be funny. That leads me to reason 3, if I win, everyone on the board shares in it because the sigs will be pretty good, if it was money, nobody else really gets anything out of it.

I just have no desire to take money by betting fellow jets fans with regard to a jet's performance.

Wrong GS.

The Patriots' decades of ineptness has shown me what a $hitty limited QB looks like.

I see one in Hempstead.

BTW leave the humor to Tex. He was good at it. You are not.

Maybe you should sign up for Joey's sig bet than?

I mean you are a QB guru and all and Chad sucks right? If you wanna pop in and dismiss Chad's ability because you can always hide behind the fact Brady came along in 2000 and gave you a misguided feeling of self importance when it comes to football discussions than maybe you should sign up. BTW Tx was pathetic and never funny.

I mean you are a QB guru and all and Chad sucks right? If you wanna pop in and dismiss Chad's ability because you can always hide behind the fact Brady came along in 2000 and gave you a misguided feeling of self importance when it comes to football discussions than maybe you should sign up. BTW Tx was pathetic and never funny.

You gonna sign up?

I put out an offer to him in that thread dumbass.

He ducked me. QB rating is a worthless stat. Dante Culpepper is 5th alltime. Meaningless.

He can make an counter offer to mine.

I put out an offer to him in that thread dumbass.

He ducked me. QB rating is a worthless stat. Dante Culpepper is 5th alltime. Meaningless.

He can make an counter offer to mine.

I didn't duck anything. All you patsie fans love saying how Chad can't win against good teams, so the bet is both the qb rating AND that chad has a winning record against winning teams. IF he pulls off both, none of the pats trolls have s##t to say.

So you telling me THAT bet isn't good enough for you to take? I mean, we play you guys twice this year, and we all assume the pats will have a winning record, so you have an advantage, unless you are afraid we sweep the pats?

So take the same bet that joebaby is making.

Because of exactly what reason?

I don't imply that I know better than Mangini what's best for the Jets QB position and then when I don't receive universal support rant on the subject to no end and institute sigs dissing our players. I just think this is a perfect venue for the posters who continually state that the Jets can do better than the perfect play-off appearance record the Jets have with a healthy Pennington to back their position or if not, let our HC make the decision of who should QB us.

Because of exactly what reason?

I don't imply that I know better than Mangini what's best for the Jets QB position and then when I don't receive universal support rant on the subject to no end and institute sigs dissing our players. I just think this is a perfect venue for the posters who continually state that the Jets can do better than the perfect play-off appearance record the Jets have with a healthy Pennington to back their position or if not, let our HC make the decision of who should QB us.

Waffle Alert! Waffle Alert!

waffles.jpg

Cmon, GS. If you have so much confidence with Chad, and actually criticize others for not taking the bet, then you should at least put your waffles where your mouth is!

I didn't duck anything. All you patsie fans love saying how Chad can't win against good teams, so the bet is both the qb rating AND that chad has a winning record against winning teams. IF he pulls off both, none of the pats trolls have s##t to say.

So you telling me THAT bet isn't good enough for you to take? I mean, we play you guys twice this year, and we all assume the pats will have a winning record, so you have an advantage, unless you are afraid we sweep the pats?

Screw the QB rating one.

If Chad has a winning record against teams with a winning record by the end of the 2007, I lose.

If Chad has a losing record against teams with a winning record by the end of 2007, you lose.

If Chad is .500 against winning teams with a winning record, push.

Is this good for you?

Archived