For all the chad-haters

joebabyny

Ok, like I have said in numerous threads this off season, after Chads injuries I was definitely one of the people who thought his career was done and the Jets should cut bait. But after seeing what he did with the limited tools and situation he had, I am more than willing to give him a shot at what could be his first opportunity to string together two healthy seasons back to back. At this point we didn't draft a qb this year to start, and we didn't pick up or trade for one, and Chad is our starter, so you have to get behind him.

THE BET

I am going to put my ass where my mouth is (not literally Maxxx, so calm down), and issue the following wager to any and all who would like to participate. By the end of the regular season,

A)Chad will be in the top 1/3 qb rating of all qbs who played at least 10 games this season.

B)Chad will have a winning record against teams with winning records.

C)Chad takes us to the superbowl, if he does this I win regardless of a and b

THE STAKES

Vcash means nothing, lets have some real fun with this. The stakes are your sig line. For 12 months following the day after the season,

-if I win all losers will have to add whatever graphic or text I choose to your sig. This can be changed whenever I request. You can keep your own sig items as well AS LONG AS A)they do not rebut or conflict with my designated sig and B) will fit in the allotted sig space of this board after mine is loaded.

-if I lose I will put in my sig whatever each loser wants, the same stipulations as above applies.

-bettors are not officially locked in until Chad steps on the field for the regular season opener. All people interested in betting have until gametime opening day to post here with their intentions on betting.

THE FINE PRINT

-bettors are not officially locked in until Chad steps on the field for the regular season opener. All people interested in betting have until gametime opening day to post here with their intentions on betting.

-for qb rating stats from nfl.com will be used, unless all involved in the bet agree to an alternative service before the season starts. When deciding Chads placement as to top 1/3 of all qb's playing at least 10 games, if the number needs rounding, chad gets rounded up. (example, 32 qbs play 10 or more games, Chad must be in the top 11, not 10)

-for winning record determination, at the end of the season, records from each team played will be taken. We are going to use each teams final year end record, not the record of each team at the time of play.

-Chad must play at least 13 games

I would ask that Maxxx makes this a sticky and leaves it up there for the season so we can all talk smack. I would also ask that he acts as the law and keeps all those who bet in line and living up to their obligation.

So b##ches, who is ready to step up to the plate?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, like I have said in numerous threads this off season, after Chads injuries I was definitely one of the people who thought his career was done and the Jets should cut bait. But after seeing what he did with the limited tools and situation he had, I am more than willing to give him a shot at what could be his first opportunity to string together two healthy seasons back to back. At this point we didn't draft a qb this year to start, and we didn't pick up or trade for one, and Chad is our starter, so you have to get behind him.

THE BET

I am going to put my ass where my mouth is (not literally Maxxx, so calm down), and issue the following wager to any and all who would like to participate. By the end of the regular season, Chad will be in the top 1/3 qb rating of all qbs who played at least 10 games this season.

THE STAKES

Vcash means nothing, lets have some real fun with this. The stakes are your sig line. For 12 months following the day after the season,

-if I win all losers will have to add whatever graphic or text I choose to your sig. This can be changed whenever I request. You can keep your own sig items as well AS LONG AS A)they do not rebut or conflict with my designated sig and B) will fit in the allotted sig space of this board after mine is loaded.

-if I lose I will put in my sig whatever each loser wants, the same stipulations as above applies.

I would ask that Maxxx makes this a sticky and leaves it up there for the season so we can all talk smack. I would also ask that he acts as the law and keeps all those who bet in line and living up to their obligation.

QB rating??? LOL. Who cares about QB rating? Until I accept that Damon Huard was the 2nd-best QB in the NFL last year, I will not accept this as a substitute for things that actually matter.

Why not bet that he'll do something that causes wins where lesser QB's would not:

- come back from a deficit of greater than 7 points

- have a winning record vs >.500 teams

- pass for >3500 yds (I would never set his bar so high as to make it 3800-4000 yds. Let's start small).

- throw 25 TD passes in an NFL season (If we have a ridiculously effective goal-line run game that gets 15 TD's on the ground I'll absolve him a little & accept a total of 20 that even Michael Vick was capable of last year with no WR's).

- have a TD:INT ratio separated by 10 or greater

THE BET

I am going to put my ass where my mouth is (not literally Maxxx, so calm down), and issue the following wager to any and all who would like to participate. By the end of the regular season, Chad will be in the top 1/3 qb rating of all qbs who played at least 10 games this season.

Is that top 3 in the entire league in QB rating, or just top 10? QB rating doesnt do it for me. He probably will be close to the top 1/3 in the league in QB rating. I'd make the bet on him not throwing more than 23 or more TDs.

QB rating??? LOL. Who cares about QB rating? Until I accept that Damon Huard was the 2nd-best QB in the NFL last year, I will not accept this as a substitute for things that actually matter.

Why not bet that he'll do something that causes wins where lesser QB's would not:

- pass for >3500 yds (I would never set his bar so high as to make it 3800-4000 yds. Let's start small).

- throw 25 TD passes in an NFL season (If we have a ridiculously effective goal-line run game that gets 15 TD's on the ground I'll absolve him a little & accept a total of 20 that even Michael Vick was capable of last year with no WR's).

Huard didn't play 10 or more games did he? Obviously qb rating qould be skewed for someone who didn't play the majority of a season, which is my reason for stipulating at least 10 games.

Your suggestions are good, if we could find a way to acually track all of that and be able to rank the players with those stats, but that is definitely beyond my capability. I think qb rating is probably the best compromise between performance and measurability for the purpose of the wager.

Is that top 3 in the entire league in QB rating, or just top 10? QB rating doesnt do it for me. He probably will be close to the top 1/3 in the league in QB rating. I'd make the bet on him not throwing more than 23 or more TDs.

Top third of qb's playing at least 10 games. I would think anyone who is positive Chad can't take the team to the superbowl would think he wouldn't be in the top third of qb's. Are you telling me you need to be in the top 3 or 5 to be able to win a bowl?

Top third of qb's playing at least 10 games. I would think anyone who is positive Chad can't take the team to the superbowl would think he wouldn't be in the top third of qb's. Are you telling me you need to be in the top 3 or 5 to be able to win a bowl?

No, what he's saying is the criteria for QB rating is extremely flawed, which it is. It is heavily based on completion percentage, so a QB like chad is always going to have a good rating when he hardly ever throws the ball over 10 yards.

A better criteria is this:

If he throws over 3500 yards with 23 or more TD's with no more than 12 INT's, I'll take your bet with no problem.

Just an FYI... here is how the 06' season would have looked for the top 10 QB's with at least 10 starts...

1 Peyton Manning 101.0

2 Drew Brees 96.2

3 Donovan McNabb 95.5

4 Tony Romo 95.1

5 Carson Palmer 93.9

6 Marc Bulger 92.9

7 Philip Rivers 92.0

8 Tom Brady 87.9

9 J.P. Losman 84.9

10 Chad Pennington 82.6

Nobody has the balls to take his bet? Everyone thinks he will make it through 10 games? Everyone thinks he will be able to do better than last year against a "tougher schedule"?

No, what he's saying is the criteria for QB rating is extremely flawed, which it is. It is heavily based on completion percentage, so a QB like chad is always going to have a good rating when he hardly ever throws the ball over 10 yards.

A better criteria is this:

If he throws over 3500 yards with 23 or more TD's with no more than 12 INT's, I'll take your bet with no problem.

I think that may be a bit of a reach. The purpose of this isn't that i think Chad is an exceptional QB, but that he is very good and capable of taking this team all the way. According to your perameters looking at last year's stats comes up with these qb's

Drew Brees (but barely with 11 ints)

payton Manning

Marc Bulger (but barely with 24 tds)

Tom Brady (who is actually your baseline at 3525 yds, 24 tds and 12 ints!!!!!)

There are a lot of very good qbs on superbowl contending teams who do not meet your stats. If you want to suggest a bet instead of qb rating then fine, but lets try and be accurate. I never said Chad would be like Brady this year, and heck even Carson Palmer didn't meet these requirements!

Nobody has the balls to take his bet? Everyone thinks he will make it through 10 games? Everyone thinks he will be able to do better than last year against a "tougher schedule"?

Apparantly they are all happy to talk tough like they know what's up until someone comes along throwing down a bet. HAHAHA, who is afraid to wear a joebaby sig for a year? PUSSIES!

Seriously, saying they would take a bet if Pennington had stats that matched Tom Brady's last year is just absurd.

Just listen to these two lowlifes. Trying to get Jets fans to have a vested interest in the failure of the starting QB. Trying to get Jets fans to actually root against their starting QB while a game is on.

I outlined a number of milestones Chad will not reach in any season. However, I STILL wouldn't take any of those bets anyway (even though many or all are mortal locks). I can complain all I want after or even during the game about the lack of output we get from the QB (or any other) position. But I wouldn't take any wager that would have me actually rooting against a Jets player or players while a game is on.

You two and your pitiful agenda are the lowest things I have ever seen & do not deserve to root for my beloved Jets.

Just shameful.

Just listen to these two lowlifes. Trying to get Jets fans to have a vested interest in the failure of the starting QB. Trying to get Jets fans to actually root against their starting QB while a game is on.

I outlined a number of milestones Chad will not reach in any season. However, I STILL wouldn't take any of those bets anyway (even though many or all are mortal locks). I can complain all I want after or even during the game about the lack of output we get from the QB (or any other) position. But I wouldn't take any wager that would have me actually rooting against a Jets player or players while a game is on.

You two and your pitiful agenda are the lowest things I have ever seen & do not deserve to root for my beloved Jets.

Just shameful.

I don't want anyone to bet against Chad, but I do want some of more vocal mouths on this board to show up or shut up.

BZ

Just shameful.

WOWOWOW, I AM A LOWLIFE?? I AM TRYING TO GET JETS FANS TO HAVE A VESTED INTEREST IN THE FAILURE F OUR QB AND TEAM? ARE YOU INSANE?

Dude, the people who come on here and bitcha and moan about our qb situation didn't form their opinions based on anything I did. Quite simply a lot of people believe he isn't good enough to lead us to glory, and should not be our starting qb. I say he will be better then 21 of the 32 qb's this season and in my book if you have a qb that good, then qb is not a problem and he DEFINITELY should not be traded or benched for a rookie who has never played.

SPERM, YOU ARE WAYYYYYYY OUT OF LINE CALLING ME A LOWLIFE AND SAYING "your pitiful agenda are the lowest things I have ever seen & do not deserve to root for my beloved Jets. "

Maybe rethink next time before you talk trash like this.

Just shameful.

And at what point does a debate turn into a personal attack? I would say calling someone a lowlife might be there. I would expect more from a mod who generally is a pretty knowledgeble poster here.

And at what point does a debate turn into a personal attack? I would say calling someone a lowlife might be there. I would expect more from a mod who generally is a pretty knowledgeble poster here.

...isn't this where you're supposed to post an unflattering picture of Sperm Edwards?

...isn't this where you post an unflattering picture of the Sperm Edwards?

Why, you have any? lolSC

BTW, Garb is the JN buzzard, waits for one of the jn'rs she doesn't like to get wounded in a thread debate then she swoops in out of nowhere to try and pick apart the body, hahaha.

I actually think Chad makes the pro bowl next year so I can't wager against you Joe.

You're bet is well thought out btw, these panzies just can't own up to the bet.

Yeah, well, apparently now they expect him to have brady-like numbers to be successful.

Why, you have any? lolSC

BTW, Garb is the JN buzzard, waits for one of the jn'rs she doesn't like to get wounded in a thread debate then she swoops in out of nowhere to try and pick apart the body, hahaha.

If I did not know any better, I'd say calling someone a "buzzard" was perilously close to a "personal attack." LOL!!!

Bunch of kitty-cats....

I actually disagree with your analysis. I just like pointing out the irony. This practice is actually a JN staple. Max is the King.

If I did not know any better, I'd say calling someone a "buzzard" was perilously close to a "personal attack." LOL!!!

Bunch of kitty-cats....

I actually disagree with your analysis. I just like pointing out the irony. This practice is actually a JN staple. Max is the King.

So garb, since you happened into this thread, what say you with taking my wager? You aren't a kitty-cat are ya?

The only stretch here is the 25 TD's - 3 guys did it last year and Pennington is from here to the moon of being a top 3 QB.

I won't ever cheer against the Jets or Chad Pennington but I'll make your bet with only 1 criteria:

Chad will not have a winning record against teams that finish the regular season with a winning record (better than .500 in both instances)

QB rating has no corelation to winning football games and thats all I'm interested in.

I'm not wanting Chad to look bad or do poorly. I'm simply weighing his attributes vs. deficiencies and when I do - I'm saying he loses more than he wins against good teams.

The only stretch here is the 25 TD's - 3 guys did it last year and Pennington is from here to the moon of being a top 3 QB.

I won't ever cheer against the Jets or Chad Pennington but I'll make your bet with only 1 criteria:

Chad will not have a winning record against teams that finish the regular season with a winning record (better than .500 in both instances)

QB rating has no corelation to winning football games and thats all I'm interested in.

I'm not wanting Chad to look bad or do poorly. I'm simply weighing his attributes vs. deficiencies and when I do - I'm saying he loses more than he wins against good teams.

Well, I wouldn't have a problem adding the stipulation that he be > then .500 against theams with winning records.

As for 3500 yards, this isn't fantasy football, and passing yards really pile up for qb's with teams who don't do so well. Lets take 3,500 yards, 8 qb's threw for 3500 or more, and 4 of those (Palmer, Bulger, Favre, and bigBen) were on 8-8 teams, and one (kitna) from a 3-15 team. That leaves Brees, Manning and Brady. There is no way I or any sane individual no matter how much they love Pennington(including ecurb) would say he is in the class of those three, let alone the fact that the jets do not come close to the talent pool on offense that those teams have. 3500 yards is not going to accurately say weather or not Chad is good AND led us to a winning record because the only way he gets those kinds of yards is if he has to gunsling because we are down and he is making mistakes.

As for the td/int differential being less than 10, well if you look at that combined with 3500 or more yards then you have a top 5 qb.

The more and more i look at what people will accept as a baseline for a good season where they accept Chad does a good job AND we win means he needs to really be a top 4 (maybe top 5 but stretching it) qb. So if he is not a top 4 qb he should be benched for a rookie. This seems absurd to me.

As an amendment, a qb rating better then 2/3 the qb's who play 10 or more games AND a winning record against opponents over .500. That is my bet.

I think that may be a bit of a reach. The purpose of this isn't that i think Chad is an exceptional QB, but that he is very good and capable of taking this team all the way. According to your perameters looking at last year's stats comes up with these qb's

Drew Brees (but barely with 11 ints)

payton Manning

Marc Bulger (but barely with 24 tds)

Tom Brady (who is actually your baseline at 3525 yds, 24 tds and 12 ints!!!!!)

There are a lot of very good qbs on superbowl contending teams who do not meet your stats. If you want to suggest a bet instead of qb rating then fine, but lets try and be accurate. I never said Chad would be like Brady this year, and heck even Carson Palmer didn't meet these requirements!

Well that sums it up for me...

These guys are all talk...

They want Chad to have Tom Brady stats or they wont make the bet... :roll:

THE BET

THE STAKES

and what if chad never makes it past 10 games or less

You're not serious, are you?

Have you ever seen me write anything like this when I wasn't kidding around? I even went WAY over the top, using an absurd word like "lowlife" & the always silly "you don't deserve to root for my Jets" for added effect. Only a child would write something like I posted & mean it. If nothing else, then consider the source; am I a Jets-can-do-no-wrong or all-things-Jets-are-to-be-revered person?

Figured you would be able to realize this. Thanks a lot - now I must sift through fan mail from Garb.

:rl:

As an amendment, a qb rating better then 2/3 the qb's who play 10 or more games AND a winning record against opponents over .500. That is my bet.

I'm in Joey. Like I say - could care less about QB rating - but I'll bet you he doesn't win more than he loses against teams with winning records.

I'm in Joey. Like I say - could care less about QB rating - but I'll bet you he doesn't win more than he loses against teams with winning records.

There is a reason those teams have winning records you know.... Im pretty sure its because they win... but I will have to double check... of course most of Chad's losses come against good teams... the JETS arent a freakin powerhouse 14 win team... they need to lose to someone...

Archived