Dillon To The Jets ?

Ghost

Jets haven't talked to Dillon...yet

Posted: Wednesday August 15, 2007 09:23AM ET

Thomas Jones' calf injury leaves the Jets thin at running back, which begs the question: Will they try to talk former Patriot Corey Dillon out of retirement? Eric Mangini, a former New England assistant, is familiar with Dillon. But don't bet on a reunion. As of yesterday, the Jets hadn't reached out to Dillon, according to his agent.

Thomas Jones' calf injury leaves the Jets thin at running back, which begs the question: Will they try to talk former Patriot Corey Dillon out of retirement? Eric Mangini, a former New England assistant, is familiar with Dillon. But don't bet on a reunion. As of yesterday, the Jets hadn't reached out to Dillon, according to his agent.

This is just some reporter's way of creating a story when there is none. Pure sensationalism....

Why not P Holmes?

Who posts this stupid stuff? I don't mean you ghost, i mean the original blurb. I mean, the jets have said nothing to or about dillon, and dillon has said nothing other then his playing days are over. Ya know, mangini and the jets also have curtis martin's number, maybe they should call him up and ask him to reconsider. Heck, i am sure they could dig up Emmit Smith's number, maybe he would consider unretiring if he doesn't have any other goofy reality tv shows in the pipeline.

Besides, as to Dillon, he outright said his playing days are over, who would want to have aguy who feels that way.

:rl: snow ball's chance in hell.

I may be in the minority here but Leon and Dillon in short yardage would be a good combo-as slow as he was last year he scored what? 13 TDs? He was money at the GL and in short yardage situations

w/ the patriot's o-line and t brady in front of him.

don't think the Jets would make a play for Dillon, but I do think they need to pick up another back. don't think banks or ware will cut it.

I also think that the Jets should draft a running back next year who will be the eventual replacement for Jones. I think we'll be fortunate if we get 2 productive years out of TJ.

don't think the Jets would make a play for Dillon, but I do think they need to pick up another back. don't think banks or ware will cut it.

I also think that the Jets should draft a running back next year who will be the eventual replacement for Jones. I think we'll be fortunate if we get 2 productive years out of TJ.

we still have Washington, who we just drafted last year.

Archived