Alright, this is the guy the Jets need to draft

JetCane

He will be the next Wilfork. I just spoke to my boys in FLA, and he is getting it done in a big way, tying up the middle of the line, stopping the run. He's gonna be a beast. These guys are covering Canes practice like I do, and they know their stuff.

http://miami.scout.com/a.z?s=13&p=8&c=1&nid=3063672

And the DE, Calais campbell is going in the first 6 picks as of now, so i dont expect the jets will be able to get him, but he has been lights out in practice.

We will need a beast on the DL in next years draft. call me for references :P

He will be the next Wilfork. I just spoke to my boys in FLA, and he is getting it done in a big way, tying up the middle of the line, stopping the run. He's gonna be a beast. These guys are covering Canes practice like I do, and they know their stuff.

And the DE, Calais campbell is going in the first 6 picks as of now, so i dont expect the jets will be able to get him, but he has been lights out in practice.

Is he a high character guy like Wilfork?

No, you're thinking of calais campbell, the DE, who is being projected as top 5 pick.

The DT I am speaking of is Antonio Dixon.

Here's something on Dixon from todays thread:

Dixon's doing well. The first team O had nowhere to run when he was in the scrimmage today and he freed up Gooden and Sharpton to make plays. I believe Clint Hurtt singled him out for praise the other day in an interview with insidetheu.com

The dude is totally well grounded from what I hear.

Hey, Meriweather had an "incident" last year, but that didnt stop the pats from drafting him, did it?

I wasn't trying to take a dig at the U. Meriweather was messed with twice before he freaked out last year against those D1 wannabes.

I wasn't trying to take a dig at the U. Meriweather was messed with twice before he freaked out last year against those D1 wannabes.

I'm just sayin, one minor incident shouldnt destroy the guy's draftability. Wasnt Meriweather the guy who shot a gun at intruders who had followed them home from a club?

I'm just sayin, one minor incident shouldnt destroy the guy's draftability. Wasnt Meriweather the guy who shot a gun at intruders who had followed them home from a club?

A licensed gun that he shot in the air.

Why am I defending Miami players!

So, how is Brandon doing in tc?

He has been doing OK. With Asante not in Camp he has been playing a lot of corner.

When Asante shows up (which he will) I expect Brandon to play in the nickel and dime as well as on special teams.

watch college football in September? You are one crazy some a bitch I tells ya! Baseball is still going on...

college football doesnt start until november I thought....

Hello, my name is Jetcane, and I'm a football addict.

I'm trying to cut back though. I didnt buy ESPN's college football gameplan this year.

I realize that means i will have to attend gamewatches at bars with people when the game isnt on TV, but my dog and cats are getting bored with me, so it must be time to leave the house.

I know all of the Jets players' numbers by heart and they havent even made the first cut yet.

My car drives to Hempstead on automatic pilot.

Group: Hello Jetcane!

he's only a jr though....Hopefully he doesnt come out so we can let DROB's contract expire (offseason after next) so we can draft him.

Antonio Dixon is the man plain and simple, read an interesting interview about him recently, I`ll see if I can find it. I think we defintatley have to rebuild or d-line, and if we can get Dixon and say somebody like Tyson Jackson out of LSU we will be set.

Antonio Dixon Interview..http://miami.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=116&tid=98772000&mid=98772000&sid=903&style=2

that should give you a good idea about his character.

Antonio Dixon is the man plain and simple, read an interesting interview about him recently, I`ll see if I can find it. I think we defintatley have to rebuild or d-line, and if we can get Dixon and say somebody like Tyson Jackson out of LSU we will be set.

Antonio Dixon Interview..http://miami.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=116&tid=98772000&mid=98772000&sid=903&style=2

that should give you a good idea about his character.

I Like his character but im not so sure NFL scouts, coaches, and GM's are going to be in love with his intelligence. I understand he has an impediment but NFL teams generally dont like drafting guys with any of those types of disabilities in the 1st day....

Having said that, if the kid is the real deal on the field, and exception or two can definately be made.

he's only a jr though....Hopefully he doesnt come out so we can let DROB's contract expire (offseason after next) so we can draft him.

i'd rather have him learn the position while we have someone.. and if he's better than drob he'll play anyways.. you know mangini

i'd rather have him learn the position while we have someone.. and if he's better than drob he'll play anyways.. you know mangini

thats fine, but at least let Drobs contract run out so we can resign him to a deal where we ARENT paying him as a top 5 defender in the league to mentor a rookie.

Hello, my name is Jetcane, and I'm a football addict.

I'm trying to cut back though. I didnt buy ESPN's college football gameplan this year.

I realize that means i will have to attend gamewatches at bars with people when the game isnt on TV, but my dog and cats are getting bored with me, so it must be time to leave the house.

I know all of the Jets players' numbers by heart and they havent even made the first cut yet.

My car drives to Hempstead on automatic pilot.

Group: Hello Jetcane!

I found the pic to go with this post

10328-10-34w.jpg

I Like his character but im not so sure NFL scouts, coaches, and GM's are going to be in love with his intelligence. I understand he has an impediment but NFL teams generally dont like drafting guys with any of those types of disabilities in the 1st day....

Having said that, if the kid is the real deal on the field, and exception or two can definately be made.

fyi. Frank Gore has a learning disabilty, too.

Dixon is the real deal, and he is perfect for the Jets.

Because of the reasons you stated above I doubt the Jets will take him. Mangini likes very smart players.

If he is there when the Jets select, I doubt it unless there is a meltdown this season, and they pass on him, it will be a major mistake.

jetcane

we should all hope the Jets have a better year than would allow them to draft calais campbell

the guy is a likely top 10 or even top 5 pick

I'm talking about Antonio Dixon, but I realize my first post is kind of confusing.

Where do you project Dixon would go if he comes out?

Where do you project Dixon would go if he comes out?

right now... rounds 4-5 with upside to go higher (maybe as high as round 2 or 3) based on a DOMINATING season. He's probably not going to run a fast 40... and doesn't have a ton of starting experience - also note he's looking good in practice against a MIA OL with no real prospects - one to watch once bullets start flying for real. how this player does in his junior and if possible senior year will determine a-lot.

Archived