Why Can't We have our own Stadium ?

mattingly23

Can someone shed some light on the stadium situation. ? I haven't lived in NYC for a few years now, and we all know that you have to be on the pats,colts,chargers or a convict to get any NFL media attention. I have been researching for awhile now , and Its hard to come by that news.. ..Thanks ...Oh yea BTW ..CHAD IS GOING TO KICK ASS THIS YEAR .. :smile:

1- Why the hell are we not getting our own house ?

2- Why the hell are we sharing with the Giants (again)? I would rather play at shea!

3- I assume When all of this goes through(building another GIANTS stadium) , we can kiss the thought of ever having our own house to play in goodbye ...

Wow... you have been around here for a whole year and don't know the deal?

1. We tried but it was shot down by two NY *******s.

2. There is no other choice and it makes the most sense.

3. It will be our house, not the Giants stadium and we will love it.

BZ

Because this franchise has no ballsack.

It must be nice to live in a world where everything is so cut and dry, black and white.

Chad sucks.

Jets FO sucks.

Woody has no ballsack.

Must make the "Cheerios or Corn Flakes" decision real easy in the morning.

BZ

Can someone shed some light on the stadium situation. ? I haven't lived in NYC for a few years now, and we all know that you have to be on the pats,colts,chargers or a convict to get any NFL media attention. I have been researching for awhile now , and Its hard to come by that news.. ..Thanks ...Oh yea BTW ..CHAD IS GOING TO KICK ASS THIS YEAR .. :smile:

2- Why the hell are we sharing with the Giants (again)? I would rather play at shea!

3- I assume When all of this goes through(building another GIANTS stadium) , we can kiss the thought of ever having our own house to play in goodbye ...

Welcome back from Tibet

It must be nice to live in a world where everything is so cut and dry, black and white.

Chad sucks.

Jets FO sucks.

Woody has no ballsack.

BZ

LOL

potw nom

Chad sucks.

Jets FO sucks.

Woody has no ballsack.

BZ

And it must be nice to live in fantasy land where everything is sunshine and balloons.

Chads great.

Jets are great.

Woody is great.

I honestly dont know how you decide between lollypops and candy bars.

And it must be nice to live in fantasy land where everything is sunshine and balloons.

Chads great.

Jets are great.

Woody is great.

Life is better in his world than yours...

Just sayin...

Chads great.

Jets are great.

Woody is great.

I have only said one of those three, so you can keep your candy bars.

Chad is good and above average. Not great.

Woody is a good owner, seems to work hard to get things done for the team, but NY politics is bigger than any one man.

The Jets are Great, and that is why I am a fan.

I am sure you one of those people who likes to use the oxymoron phrase of "Objective Fan" and shrouds his frustration by lashing out at everything and everyone. If it helps you sleep at night, or watch the Jets play, good for you. Some of us, the ones with a little more perspective and a more positive outlook, like to bask in the excitement of the game and our team without having to **** on it to make it stink.

Strokes for folks I guess.

BZ

The Stadium situation?

The less you know the better off you will be!

Of course it is, I live in the real world. Others just dont want to face reality.

The Jets are a nutless franchise. And the team is years away from competing.

How about you come back in a few years, when the Jets are "competing" so we can all enjoy the nutless crappy team we have for now.

BZ

LMAO ......Leave it to the Net Nerds to be smart ass. I asked a question,

People who post on message boards should be careful about calling others out as "Net Nerds".

You wouldn't want to sound.... oh I don't know...... hypocritical? :)

BZ

People who post on message boards should be careful about calling others out as "Net Nerds".

You wouldn't want to sound.... oh I don't know...... hypocritical? :)

BZ

when i read a post on a forum , i don't try to get a laugh and be a smart ass and make someone feel dumb , by posting up something that has NOTHING to do with the topic at hand. But unfortunately we have people on the earth that have small units and feel insecure about themselves and try at every chance to do that .. Oh well , thanks for the info on the stadium . or lack there of ..

NY hasnt really cared for the Jets since the Giants won the SB. At least thats what it seems like from down here. Its all about the Yankees and the Giants. I mean who did the league pick to represent the NFL in its first game overseas? The Giants. face it until we win a Super Bowl AND multiple division titles no one will take us seriously.

Chads great.

Jets are great.

Woody is great.

Oh man I just laughed so loud the guy in the next office just asked me what happened.

POTW NOM

when i read a post on a forum , i don't try to get a laugh and be a smart ass and make someone feel dumb , by posting up something that has NOTHING to do with the topic at hand. But unfortunately we have people on the earth that have small units and feel insecure about themselves and try at every chance to do that .. Oh well , thanks for the info on the stadium . or lack there of ..

I actually answered your question. Oh well.

BZ

Time to call the....

1733whaambulance.jpg

Chad sucks.

Jets FO sucks.

Woody has no ballsack.

BZ

I'm not a negative fan in general--I think this team is headed in the right direction. But I do think that the stadium issue is more cut-and-dry than people think. Woody demanded $300 million from a cash-strapped city suffering from an educational crisis and the aftershocks of 9/11 and refused to retool his plan even when it was clear that no politician could feasibly support it.

THEN Queens practically rolled out the red carpet for the Jets...but it just wasn't good enough for Woody. I know a lot of people aren't high on Queens, and that's fine; I would have been happy with a stadium there, but I understand those who disagree. "Queens vs. Manhattan vs. East Rutherford" isn't my point. The point is: Woody never even tried to get a stadium in Queens. After the WSS debacle, he took the easy way out: he tucked tail and ran home to the waiting arms of the Giants.

The fact remains: Woody had 2 chances to bring the Jets home, and he blew both of them, thanks to stubbornness and cowardice, respectively.

2 football stadiums, costing a billion a piece, 8 miles apart. Yeah, that would've made so much sense. And Woody tried anyway. It wasn't going to fly in NY.

Want to get mad-wait for the PSL bill.

Please, these threads are like whining about the girl with the curl in 7th grade who wouldn't talk to you; GET OVER IT.

NY hasnt really cared for the Jets since the Giants won the SB. At least thats what it seems like from down here. Its all about the Yankees and the Giants. I mean who did the league pick to represent the NFL in its first game overseas? The Giants. face it until we win a Super Bowl AND multiple division titles no one will take us seriously.

Unlike the baseball situation we had a chance to be the ONLY NFL team in NYc. That alone would have pushed us near or over the Giants...

Unlike the baseball situation we had a chance to be the ONLY NFL team in NYc. That alone would have pushed us near or over the Giants...

I absolutely agree with you. It is too bad the WSS did not work out for us! Screw Silver and Bruno. Sadly, nothing is yet proposed over those tracks. I wonder if anything will ever be built there?

I'm not a negative fan in general--I think this team is headed in the right direction. But I do think that the stadium issue is more cut-and-dry than people think. Woody demanded $300 million from a cash-strapped city suffering from an educational crisis and the aftershocks of 9/11 and refused to retool his plan even when it was clear that no politician could feasibly support it.

THEN Queens practically rolled out the red carpet for the Jets...but it just wasn't good enough for Woody. I know a lot of people aren't high on Queens, and that's fine; I would have been happy with a stadium there, but I understand those who disagree. "Queens vs. Manhattan vs. East Rutherford" isn't my point. The point is: Woody never even tried to get a stadium in Queens. After the WSS debacle, he took the easy way out: he tucked tail and ran home to the waiting arms of the Giants.

The fact remains: Woody had 2 chances to bring the Jets home, and he blew both of them, thanks to stubbornness and cowardice, respectively.

You need to go back to the history books, Queens didn't roll out anything, there was just a side plan.

It took YEARS to get the WSS plan ready and there was no turning on a dime and throwing it in Queens in a matter of months. Remember that the Giants were saying "Fish or cut bait" and if Woody had gone with Queens, told the Giants to go stuff and it fell threw a year later (no reason it wouldn't) the Jets would be with NO stadium, ANYWHERE.

Again, if you want to blame Woody for anything, it is maybe that he should have gone for the Queens stadium from the start, 4 years ago and not wasted time on the WSS. Of course, that is hindsight and always 20/20.

BZ

All of you who want your own stadium need to get over it. Its never going to happen. Why do you people care where the games are played or who plays in the stadium??? As long as I can watch my team play 8 home games a year I dont give a sh!t where it is they play and who shares the stadium, and neither should you.

As a season ticket holder, would you rather have outrageous ticket prices and outrageous PSL's for your own stadium or a modest increase in ticket prices and a modest PSL to share a stadium with the Giants, a team that doesnt cause game schedule conflicts??

Get over this hatred of the Giants. Get over the "we gotta have a team in NY because their name is NY", Get over this little man syndrome. This is a MUCH better situation than if we had the West Side stadium where we would have never been allowed to tailgate again... or a Queens stadium where alcohol consumption is prohibited in the parking lots.... This is the best possible situation for the fans. Yeah, the next 3 years will suck with parking and tailgating, but again what other solution is there???

:rl:

Good one... you havent even hit the real world yet buddy... have fun in college and call me in 5 years...

Chill, B-rad. What I am saying is, I live in REALITY, not fantasy land when it comes to my teams. I only call it like I see it, and dont sugercoat something as simple as sports.

Archived