Jets | Mackey traded

Smizzy

nice little bit of info on this:

http://www.jetscentral.com/?p=515

Back on May 3, Mackey signed with the Buccaneers. He was then released on June 19th. The Jets’ signed him on August 4th, and have now traded him back to Tampa Bay and acquired a draft pick in the process. Probably has something to do with the Bucs just placing 2 LBers on the IR, Sam Olajubutu & Antoine Cash. Well done Jets, well done.

He was an UDFA....

Im sure they got a 7th.. MAYBE... and it is most likely conditional and that condition will never be met....

This seems more like the JETS protecting themselves if he turns out to be good....

He was an UDFA....

Im sure they got a 7th.. MAYBE... and it is most likely conditional and that condition will never be met....

This seems more like the JETS protecting themselves if he turns out to be good....

i think this is actually a case of the jets giving the guy an opportunity to make a team.

chances are this guy would have been cut anyways so why not give him a shot to land with someone else. if he makes the bucs roster the jets probably get a 7th.

this guy never signed his number when signing his autograph...no one knew who he was

so good ridence

He was on the team for a week. He probably figured his number would be changing so he didn't write it. Or he couldn't remember it.

Does anyone know what "making the team means". Is it if he is on the

opening day roster we get the draft pick?

Or does he have to stay on the roster the whole season?

And does he count if he gets put on the practice squad on opening day??

Just guessing, but it should be opening day roster. I don't think the practice squad counts because players have to be cut first and then re-signed to the practice squad and PS players can be signed by any team willing to carry them on the roster.

He was on the team for a week. He probably figured his number would be changing so he didn't write it. Or he couldn't remember it.

Just guessing, but it should be opening day roster. I don't think the practice squad counts because players have to be cut first and then re-signed to the practice squad and PS players can be signed by any team willing to carry them on the roster.

Usually, in these type trades, if the guy is on the roster at any time during the season, the team gets the draft pick.

If he actually gats any playing time, it may move up from a 7th to a 6th.

If I'm not mistaken TB put two LB's on IR. When they released him they probably assumed they had plenty of LB's, and he had no chance of making the roster, so they released him, even tho there were some things they liked about him.

If they can't another LB, they like better on the waiver wire, he probably will make the roster.

It's a win win situation.

Archived