Wadsworth Unlikely To Make It Past First Round Of Cuts

SoFlaJets

from Jetscentral....

11:35AM - Wadsworth Unlikely To Make It Past First Round Of Cuts

August 24th, 2007 by Gary Grund

Adam Schein of the NFL Network is reporting that former first-round pick LB Andre Wadsworth could be cut this upcoming Monday or Tuesday.

Wadsworth has two tackles on the preseason, both of which in the first game against Atlanta. Wadsworth just missed coming up with a sack during the game as well.

He needs to have a HUGE game VS the Giants... and I hope he does... he looks to be in great shape and once had the talent... would love to see Mangini get the talent out of him...

I think the die is already cast on Andre ec-it was a valiant effort and one we all cheered on especially here at JN, with Max's scoop on his signing and all..

I think the die is already cast on Andre ec-it was a valiant effort and one we all cheered on especially here at JN, with Max's scoop on his signing and all..

I guess... but lets see if he can come up big in the 4th quarter on Sat... even if it just gets him an extra week.. that might be all he needs...

You know these feel good stories never come easy... its always "just barely made the cut" or "cut and brought back for one more look"

That sort of thing...

Even if he can't contribute AT ALL during the season, I say we need to keep this guy on the team because he is a feel good story. Players around the locker room can look at this man who simply loves the game of football, it's not about the money, and actually take notice to the fact that they are all living a dream. I dont care what anyone says, you need players like this on the team, blue colar players who simply love the game of football.

PLEASE MANGINI, DO NOT CUT THIS MAN... Leave him on the team, let him practice each and every session, and let the man suit up on Sundays... He may not play a down the whole season, but please Mangini let this man live his dream... I know you really cant mix buisness with pleasure as an NFL Head coach, but if I were Mangini I know I can get something in return by keeping this guy on my roster... And thats an inspiration to other players that really cant be replaced.

I guess... but lets see if he can come up big in the 4th quarter on Sat... even if it just gets him an extra week.. that might be all he needs...

You know these feel good stories never come easy... its always "just barely made the cut" or "cut and brought back for one more look"

That sort of thing...

I just dont think he has the physical ability to compete anymore.... Its a shame though cause he put all he had into this, maybe another team that isnt deep at LB will give him a look.

Even if he can't contribute AT ALL during the season, I say we need to keep this guy on the team because he is a feel good story. Players around the locker room can look at this man who simply loves the game of football, it's not about the money, and actually take notice to the fact that they are all living a dream. I dont care what anyone says, you need players like this on the team, blue colar players who simply love the game of football.

PLEASE MANGINI, DO NOT CUT THIS MAN... Leave him on the team, let him practice each and every session, and let the man suit up on Sundays... He may not play a down the whole season, but please Mangini let this man live his dream... I know you really cant mix buisness with pleasure as an NFL Head coach, but if I were Mangini I know I can get something in return by keeping this guy on my roster... And thats an inspiration to other players that really cant be replaced.

I disagree, as much as I would like him to make it...Keeping a guy cause he's a feel good story and cutting a better player can only hurt you on sundays.

I disagree, as much as I would like him to make it...Keeping a guy cause he's a feel good story and cutting a better player can only hurt you on sundays.

I'd rather have 5 WR's & 3 QB's in addition to Brad Smith than use a roster spot for what would amount to little more than a cheerleader.

Was a good story & would have been a great one if he still had it. I think I was more optimistic than most & thought he had more than a slight chance to make the team; but that was before he actually got on the field & in the end, reality must set in.

I think he makes it to the final cut for the reasons you stated above.

No way he makes the final roster unless he is playing at a high level

from Jetscentral....

11:35AM - Wadsworth Unlikely To Make It Past First Round Of Cuts

August 24th, 2007 by Gary Grund

Adam Schein of the NFL Network is reporting that former first-round pick LB Andre Wadsworth could be cut this upcoming Monday or Tuesday.

Wadsworth has two tackles on the preseason, both of which in the first game against Atlanta. Wadsworth just missed coming up with a sack during the game as well.

It was a feel good story. I was hoping he'd make it. I guess it was no dice! Too bad , the guy treid hard too. My best to him if he gets cut.

WOW

just...

WOW

Really?

He is from Florida... his parents must have been dolphins fans... it explains everything...

No... Without question the product of a Jets union. If his parents were Dolphin fans DWC would have a tatoo that says "1972 Undefeated Dolphins". That was the norm here in the 70's.;)

Dude, this isnt a thread about Chad Pennington.

DWC, I understand where you are coming from, but do you really think its

in the best interests of the Jets to keep a guy on the roster taking up a spot that

could be used for someone else who would be contributing??

There were over 80 guys in TC. I'm sure there were players who sacrificed

many things in their life to get to just a Jets training camp that will get cut in

the next two weeks. Wadsworth at least had the benefit of knowing he was on

a NFL team for a few years. Most of these guys will only know the few weeks

of TC to tell the grandkids.

And do you really think that Wadsworth would be agreeable to just be a mascot??

DWC, its Ok to be sentimental but you also have to be smart about it.

Wadsworth will have double digit sacks this year. Our sources at Hofstra are telling us that it really started clicking for Andre this week. He is learning a lot and you will see a different player this weekend.

Archived