Little League Word Series

Matt39

Can this country get any more pussified?

Georgia hits a walk off homer and theyre hugging the Japanes players?

:bag:

Yay everyone wins! Go AYSO!

Better then we were getting our asses handed to us at our own game in the 80s.

I thought it was a GREAT show of sportsmanship. They won the game, they celebrated. They told the losing team to hold their heads high.

Good job all around.

Sportsmanship is slapping them five, telling them good game.

When the kids first thoughts were to hug the COMPETITION, I mean jesus christ this isnt AYSO soccer.

Hug your teamates, mother, dog etc...not the other team..I mean come on drasw the line somewhere.

Sportsmanship is slapping them five, telling them good game.

When the kids first thoughts were to hug the COMPETITION, I mean jesus christ this isnt AYSO soccer.

Hug your teamates, mother, dog etc...not the other team..I mean come on drasw the line somewhere.

The kids first thought was to celebrate the victory. Which they did around home plate. The coaches mentioned that it was time to line it up.

Since the other team was around home plate they didn't do the traditional slap hands. They just walked up to the other team and said good game. They hugged the kid that was crying at first and it took off from there.

I would have been proud to have been associated with that team. They showed a ton of class. We could use more of that, not less. Last year the American team (I forget where they were from) had a lot of kids that liked to showboat after home runs, etc.

These coaches are teaching the kids the right thing. Play the game hard, have fun and win with class.

I just thought it was a tad overboard.

Growing up, I never thought to hug guys I was playing against. I'd always say good game, but I aint hugging someone who just beat me or vice versa.

The "most valuable participant" trophies and other nonsense is just something that irks me.

Growing up, I never thought to hug guys I was playing against. I'd always say good game, but I aint hugging someone who just beat me or vice versa.

The "most valuable participant" trophies and other nonsense is just something that irks me.

I can't remember every hugging an opponent growing up. But this isn't an everyday event. These kids have been out there basically everyday since June. On top of a regular season which started in April. They had pool play, double elimination tournaments, regional tournament and the the LLWS tourney.

They are young but they basically gave their entire summer to baseball. I actually equate it to boxers hugging after a match. You gave it everything you had and now that it is over you just hold your heads up high.

Plus we are basically hosting these kids from Japan. Being in a foreign country, with the language barrier and a long flight home makes it rough for them. They are kids.

Does anyone know what year the fence was pushed back to 225 from 205?

I can't remember every hugging an opponent growing up. But this isn't an everyday event. These kids have been out there basically everyday since June. On top of a regular season which started in April. They had pool play, double elimination tournaments, regional tournament and the the LLWS tourney.

They are young but they basically gave their entire summer to baseball. I actually equate it to boxers hugging after a match. You gave it everything you had and now that it is over you just hold your heads up high.

Plus we are basically hosting these kids from Japan. Being in a foreign country, with the language barrier and a long flight home makes it rough for them. They are kids.

Does anyone know what year the fence was pushed back to 225 from 205?

I'd like to know when they moved it in too. 205 is absurd.

Hawaii either last year or the year before was still the best. That team was cool. I re-watched that game on ESPN Classic last week. Didn't see todays game unfortunately but obviously it was a great one. Congrats to Georgia.

Try being a coach and handing out a "Everyone gets one" Trophy and having to say something positive about the worse kid on your team.

At least have something prepared. ;)

i refuse to watch the little league games, theres no need for grown men to televise 10 year olds playing baseball and make money off of it

MLB or nothing

They're 11-13. Did you ever play in the All-Star team for your town? Its one of the coolest summers you will ever have.

Me and my friends years ago represented New Jersey and fell to Danny Almonte and his brother, one game shy of going to PA. It was extremely upsetting at the time, but even more so after the news that Danny was 14 and his brother was 16 came out.

:bag:

Yay everyone wins! Go AYSO!

I was thinking the same thing, matt.

I didnt see it this year, but prev years the pitcher would give the hitter a high 5 rounding 3rd after he hit a home run. :bs:

Yeah, I thought that was exclusivly a soccer "thing".

How gay. Hugging the other team ? Please. Talk about the pussification of america. Shake a hand , slap an ass and get on with it. Before you know it, they will be tonguing each other's ears.

EWWWWWWW Thanks for the freakin visual.

i refuse to watch the little league games, theres no need for grown men to televise 10 year olds playing baseball and make money off of it

MLB or nothing

LOL.

You know what Little League baseball does with the money they got from ESPN? They pay for background checks for each league. It was mandated a few years ago that background checks be done for everyone who is in contact with the kids (criminal and a check against the sex offender registry). The expense used to fall on the league.

So basically now these games being televised helps the league and could help save kids from potentially bad situations.

They're 11-13. Did you ever play in the All-Star team for your town? Its one of the coolest summers you will ever have.

Me and my friends years ago represented New Jersey and fell to Danny Almonte and his brother, one game shy of going to PA. It was extremely upsetting at the time, but even more so after the news that Danny was 14 and his brother was 16 came out.

Joe you were on the state championship team in 2000? That is pretty damn sweet.

What Danny Almonte's Dad did to him is a shame. By all accounts, the kid actually had no idea anything illegal had been done. Sadly the age violation wasn't the only rule that his Dad broke.

The said he was going to get drafted. He was in the mid 70's at 14 and I think he threw with his left hand. If he can break 80 he should be able to find work as a lefty! :P

I thought you and I had talked about this before Max, you sound like you never heard of this before. I could've swore we talked about this.

Yes and after finding out what his father did we all wanted to take a road trip and beat the living **** out of him.

Pequannock also was on the field last night at the Jet / Giant game at halftime for Pee-Wee Football. We lost to Wayne, the first NJ town I lived in, 21-0 I believe. Ouch.:)

We also just had the FBI in our town because a note that said "Anthrax" with gunpowder was sent to my dads friend, our chief of police.

Gotta love The Nock.

I thought you and I had talked about this before Max, you sound like you never heard of this before. I could've swore we talked about this.

Yes and after finding out what his father did we all wanted to take a road trip and beat the living **** out of him.

Pequannock also was on the field last night at the Jet / Giant game at halftime for Pee-Wee Football. We lost to Wayne, the first NJ town I lived in, 21-0 I believe. Ouch.:)

We also just had the FBI in our town because a note that said "Anthrax" with gunpowder was sent to my dads friend, our chief of police.

Gotta love The Nock.

I don't think we ever talked about that. Good stuff, the little league baseball part anyhow. That is a GOOD baseball town.

These are kids.... not even high school kids...

Its the right thing to do... once they get a little older... let them develop that killer instinct on their own... no need to teach them... some kids wont react well to it..

The Little League World Series is one of the best events out there today.

It is sports in in purest form.

You should really go out there one year. I went about 15 years ago and the atmosphere is just great.

Williamsport is a very small quiet town in the mountains. When the World Series comes to town though basically the population of the town doubles if not triples during those two weeks.

I'm sure also that alot of that money that they get from ESPN went into building the second ballpark and really going out there and making it what it is today.

Warner Robbins did a great job and showed alot of heart. Eventhough they were the defending Champions they barely got of their districts this year.

The Little League World Series is one of the best events out there today.

It is sports in in purest form.

You should really go out there one year. I went about 15 years ago and the atmosphere is just great.

Williamsport is a very small quiet town in the mountains. When the World Series comes to town though basically the population of the town doubles if not triples during those two weeks.

I'm sure also that alot of that money that they get from ESPN went into building the second ballpark and really going out there and making it what it is today.

Warner Robbins did a great job and showed alot of heart. Eventhough they were the defending Champions they barely got of their districts this year.

Exactly. Just a bunch of kids having fun and playing the game for the sake of playing it. It's before the years when high school ball starts and it starts to become more of a serious/business type atmosphere.

My baseball league in my town wasn't actually associated with Little League, so I would have never had the chance to participate in something like the LLWS. One thing I always wanted to do when I was a kid.

I didn't get a chance to see the last game, but if the American players were hugging Japanese players, then I think that's great sportsmanship on our part. These kids are 11,12 years old, so to say our country is being pussified because a few kids wanted to extend a hand to a bunch of kids that've never met from a country they've never been to is a joke. Maybe the reason 3/4 of the world thinks Americans are arrogant pr***s is because we aren't teaching our kids enough about qualities like sportsmanship and class, something these kids have a lot of.

Exactly. Just a bunch of kids having fun and playing the game for the sake of playing it. It's before the years when high school ball starts and it starts to become more of a serious/business type atmosphere.

My baseball league in my town wasn't actually associated with Little League, so I would have never had the chance to participate in something like the LLWS. One thing I always wanted to do when I was a kid.

I didn't get a chance to see the last game, but if the American players were hugging Japanese players, then I think that's great sportsmanship on our part. These kids are 11,12 years old, so to say our country is being pussified because a few kids wanted to extend a hand to a bunch of kids that've never met from a country they've never been to is a joke. Maybe the reason 3/4 of the world thinks Americans are arrogant pr***s is because we aren't teaching our kids enough about qualities like sportsmanship and class, something these kids have a lot of.

Absolutely.

When grow men on this board call 11 and 12 year old kids "pussies" because they are reacting with great emotion and sportsmanship, I wonder more about them than the kids they are criticizing.

Absolutely.

When grow men on this board call 11 and 12 year old kids "pussies" because they are reacting with great emotion and sportsmanship, I wonder more about them than the kids they are criticizing.

Continuing to be the biggest j/o on the board....

GO AYSO! YAY! EVRYBODY PLAYS!

Theres a differene between sportsmanship and being ridiculous. SLapping five, saying good gane-that's sportsmanship.

Hugging-no. Give me a break. My father sure didnt tell me I needed to hug the other team. If I lost I sure as hell didnt want some kid on the other team trying to hug me.

Different times I guess. There's no hugging in baseball.

How about you find where I called the kids pussies

Well, since you called the entire country "pussified" because of the actions of the Little League players, why don't you tell us exactly who they are then.

The umpires?

The parents?

The coaches?

Exactly who in your mind caused these children to behave in such a spontaneous way?

Who is to blame for this "pussification", as the term you used?

How about you find where I called the kids pussies

I saw the replay of the end of the game, and I liked it. Having coached Little League, it was a nice to see the sportsmanship demonstrated by the kids.

They were "manly" hugs, and far less intrusive than football guys patting each other on the butts after a good play.

Archived