Jets Using Andre Dyson As A Trading Piece For Guard

D_Eps

The Jets are said to be dangling cornerback Andre Dyson as trade bait as they try to acquire a veteran left guard to replace Pete Kendall. The 28-year-old Dyson started 15 games last season, but the Jets seem comfortable inserting Darrelle Revis at left cornerback despite the first-rounder missing 20 days of training camp as a holdout.

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070830/SPORTS/708300481/1002

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I refuse to believe this. IF by some chance the jets were forced to do this then the kendall situation was an even bigger blunder by the FO. We traded up to grab Revis and lock down the position by having that dyson/revis combo. If we go and trade dyson then what good was trading up to grab revis. So we had a solid guard, we traded up in the draft to graba great cb rookie, got cheap with the vet guard and are forced to trade him to save face leaving a glaring hole covering Chad's blind spot, and now have to give up the impact of our cb duo to get us back to where we were (hopefully) at LG. All this because of 1 lousy million dollars. How about we pay Kendall 1 million, have a solid line, and have a very dynamic duo at cb.

which do you think leaves the team better this year?

Kendall,Revis,Dyson, -1 million dollars

or

some decent vet guard,Revis,Miller/Barrett

wow, just wow. I can't be the only one to think this here.

Or that Miller is healed and he made big strides in his CB play this offseason.

Miller and Revis, mark my words, are the next two stud CB's in New York.

This is the best news i have heard from the jets since they drafted Nick Mangold (i was jumping around the room, i could not have agreed more with my old buckeye :))

I refuse to believe this. IF by some chance the jets were forced to do this then the kendall situation was an even bigger blunder by the FO. We traded up to grab Revis and lock down the position by having that dyson/revis combo. If we go and trade dyson then what good was trading up to grab revis. So we had a solid guard, we traded up in the draft to graba great cb rookie, got cheap with the vet guard and are forced to trade him to save face leaving a glaring hole covering Chad's blind spot, and now have to give up the impact of our cb duo to get us back to where we were (hopefully) at LG. All this because of 1 lousy million dollars. How about we pay Kendall 1 million, have a solid line, and have a very dynamic duo at cb.

or

Fair point Joe but I say that if there is any truth to this rumor we wait and see who they try to get. An above average starting CB is harder to get your hands on than an OG. If they look to make a deal then I doubt it will be for an "average" OG unless they're getting a pick as well. Until a deal is made this means nothing. Once a deal is made I'd like to see who/what they get before deciding what I think. JMO.

or

I would take the latter of the two.

Giving Pete that money after JUST redoing his contract could have led to numerous contract disputes... it was the right move.

Fair point Joe but I say that if there is any truth to this rumor we wait and see who they try to get. An above average starting CB is harder to get your hands on than an OG. If they look to make a deal then I doubt it will be for an "average" OG unless they're getting a pick as well. Until a deal is made this means nothing. Once a deal is made I'd like to see who/what they get before deciding what I think. JMO.

i think you are spot on with this. Anyone else feel we may be talking to Pittsburg about faneca? They have had bad corner play for years, dyson is a huge upgrade on Townsend.

Faneca in Jet green would give me goose bumps.

Yeah obviously you have to se what happens, but the whole premise of it is stupid. We have a great young line, i think building through the draft is the smart thing when it comes to the line. If we trade for a vet it just seems hard to expect us to get a better situation then we had before with both kendall AND dyson. But yeah, guess you have to wait to see what actually happens before you decide.

I would take the latter of the two.

Giving Pete that money after JUST redoing his contract could have led to numerous contract disputes... it was the right move.

NAH, they redid it down, they can redo it up, could have been done on the sneak back in february or march and worded a different way so as not to look like a renegotiation. I am not gonna get into the whole kendall thing all over again with whether the jets should have renegotiated, that is done. My only point is that because of 1 million dollars, if we were to trade dyson for a lg it would leave us worse then before for no good reason when we had a very solid lg.

Andrew Gross is one of the better beat writers that covers the Jets. How can he not know ****?

Revis starting at CB is not a problem, who going to play on the other side? We all HOPE Miller steps up, but who knows. To trade Dyson at this point, is a huge gamble to say the least. I can

i think you are spot on with this. Anyone else feel we may be talking to Pittsburg about faneca? They have had bad corner play for years, dyson is a huge upgrade on Townsend.

Faneca in Jet green would give me goose bumps.

Dyson for Faneca would shock me (and most I think) but what would make it that much better and would make the FO look that much smarter is that the Jets traded up to get in front of Pittsburgh so they wouldn't take Revis because they needed a CB. Now if the FO turned around and gave them the CB they covet in return for making our line stronger....that would be sweet but I just don't see it happening.

I hope so. Miller has a boat load of talent, I hope he has truly turned it up a notch this season.

Yeah obviously you have to se what happens, but the whole premise of it is stupid. We have a great young line, i think building through the draft is the smart thing when it comes to the line. If we trade for a vet it just seems hard to expect us to get a better situation then we had before with both kendall AND dyson. But yeah, guess you have to wait to see what actually happens before you decide.

as you both are saying, time will tell.

Joe, i never thought kendall was that good. I'm sure there was a lot going on behind the scenes with him helping Mangold and what not, but as it came to playing on Sunday's, Kendall got pushed around like a little b!tch.

IMO, he is not worth the million dollar raise he asked for, hell look what team gave it to him? the team that coughs up the most ridiculous salries to agin players...see bruce smith.

I agree that we should have built through the draft, and i still question the Harris pick, even though he looks to be a good pick so far. We can't wait a whole season with a team that is ready to compete and accept a 6 and 10 record because our line is in shambles.

Dyson for Faneca would shock me (and most I think) but what would make it that much better and would make the FO look that much smarter is that the Jets traded up to get in front of Pittsburgh so they wouldn't take Revis because they needed a CB. Now if the FO turned around and gave them the CB they covet in return for making our line stronger....that would be sweet but I just don't see it happening.

Faneca is a free agent next year, you think we would really give up Dyson for him this year? I don't know, i am asking everyones opinion.

Faneca is a free agent next year, you think we would really give up Dyson for him this year? I don't know, i am asking everyones opinion.

I don't think its the smartest time to do it, but anytime you can get a top five player you have to think there is an upside. Obviously we could lock him to a longer term, but you're right it would suck to give up a starter for a soon to be FA.

as you both are saying, time will tell.

Joe, i never thought kendall was that good. I'm sure there was a lot going on behind the scenes with him helping Mangold and what not, but as it came to playing on Sunday's, Kendall got pushed around like a little b!tch.

IMO, he is not worth the million dollar raise he asked for, hell look what team gave it to him? the team that coughs up the most ridiculous salries to agin players...see bruce smith.

I agree that we should have built through the draft, and i still question the Harris pick, even though he looks to be a good pick so far. We can't wait a whole season with a team that is ready to compete and accept a 6 and 10 record because our line is in shambles.

Right, but 1 million dollars in the grand scheme of things is not much. I would pay the million, keep kendall another year, not trade dyson, and draft a lg next year. Kendall is well regarded around the league as very solid and capable, there are teams starting lg's that are not as good as him. I am not saying he is probowl, but then again he was only asking for half of what the top guys get anyway.

Right, but 1 million dollars in the grand scheme of things is not much. I would pay the million, keep kendall another year, not trade dyson, and draft a lg next year. Kendall is well regarded around the league as very solid and capable, there are teams starting lg's that are not as good as him. I am not saying he is probowl, but then again he was only asking for half of what the top guys get anyway.

yeah, you're right about the Million bucks being nothing to the jets, but Kendall may not be worth it even still. I know i keep bringing up Faneca, but he is a huge upgrade on kendall, if they can get him, the situation is actually a benefit in favor of the jets (including the loss of dyson).

JMO, i'd like to see some other opinions on this, i'm not too good with trades and what not...calling sperm edwards...?

I don't think its the smartest time to do it, but anytime you can get a top five player you have to think there is an upside. Obviously we could lock him to a longer term, but you're right it would suck to give up a starter for a soon to be FA.

If it were to happen, they would have to renegotiate his contract beforethe

trade was completed. The Skins redid Kendall's contract. These type of

situations have been done before.

Dyson's ok but he's become injury-prone as he's gotten older. If they can get a good guard for him then its a good deal. Better to deal a guy a year too soon than keep him a year, or more, too long.

Revis, Barrett and Miller would be fine. they are all physical CBs.

Dyson's ok but he's become injury-prone as he's gotten older. If they can get a good guard for him then its a good deal. Better to deal a guy a year too soon than keep him a year, or more, too long.

Revis, Barrett and Miller would be fine. they are all physical CBs.

Yeah, Dyson is OK (and thats a stretch IMO) but filling the void in the O-line by trading him is a definate plus. Revis may be swimming a little at first, but thats what is expected with his development this year.

Yeah, Dyson is OK (and thats a stretch IMO) but filling the void in the O-line by trading him is a definate plus. Revis may be swimming a little at first, but thats what is expected with his development this year.

Dyson is better than ok, when healthy, he's a damn good corner. I was glad to have him for the time we did.

Dyson is better than ok, when healthy, he's a damn good corner. I was glad to have him for the time we did.

you're right drago-Jetcane would always tell us he was almost untouchable in last year's TC reports-he's been hurt almost all summer otherwise I'm willing to bet it would have been the same this year

Justin Miller scares me though-I HOPE they aren't counting on him to start anytime soon-he kinda sucks guys in the defensive backfield

Miller and Revis, mark my words, are the next two stud CB's in New York.

This is the best news i have heard from the jets since they drafted Nick Mangold (i was jumping around the room, i could not have agreed more with my old buckeye :))

Revis is, but Miller can't cover for crap.

We need Dyson.

Revis is, but Miller can't cover for crap.

We need Dyson.

Miller's lucky he's a great KO return guy otherwise he'd be outta the league by now-another reason to make the case for why Herm is an idiot; putting Miller back on punt returns after showing he can't catch them

you're right drago-Jetcane would always tell us he was almost untouchable in last year's TC reports-he's been hurt almost all summer otherwise I'm willing to bet it would have been the same this year

Justin Miller scares me though-I HOPE they aren't counting on him to start anytime soon-he kinda sucks guys in the defensive backfield

I was wondering when you were going to get in this thread.

I have some crazy faith in Miller, and it's unwarrented at this point, but blind faith is a beautiful thing.

I was wondering when you were going to get in this thread.

I have some crazy faith in Miller, and it's unwarrented at this point, but blind faith is a beautiful thing.

hey you don't have to tell me md-I'm the guy who predicts Super Bowls every year

hey you don't have to tell me md-I'm the guy who predicts Super Bowls every year

haha, gut feelings go a long way, i think i'm about 70% on mine, and i reallly hope Miller does as i hope he will. It would be nice to look at our secondary with confidence for once.

Archived