Jets Using Andre Dyson As A Trading Piece For Guard

D_Eps

haha, gut feelings go a long way, i think i'm about 70% on mine, and i reallly hope Miller does as i hope he will. It would be nice to look at our secondary with confidence for once.

Revis is the reason we should be happy right now. He has a bright future.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Revis is the reason we should be happy right now. He has a bright future.

All I know, is that Mangini used to be a DB coach and probably has a good feel for how the players can perform. If this is true, Barret/Miller can't be much of a down grade at this point; it seems that they've both improved and perhaps Dyson has lost a step.

We're deep (IMO) at CB, and need to improve the OL. This would just be another "opportunity/cost" situation.

All I know, is that Mangini used to be a DB coach and probably has a good feel for how the players can perform. If this is true, Barret/Miller can't be much of a down grade at this point; it seems that they've both improved and perhaps Dyson has lost a step.

We're deep (IMO) at CB, and need to improve the OL. This would just be another "opportunity/cost" situation.

LORD GIVE US FANECA.

i would love it. i don't want some second tier Guard to come and replace our other second tier guards, i want a bull. someone that can push the pile, cause we all know Brick is not pushing the pile.

LORD GIVE US FANECA.

i would love it. i don't want some second tier Guard to come and replace our other second tier guards, i want a bull. someone that can push the pile, cause we all know Brick is not pushing the pile.

I wonder if Pittsburgh needs a corner...

whoever said this is a step back this year i would basically agree. giving up dyson for a veteran guard who in all likelihood will not play better than kendall makes the kendall trade look not so good. besides losing dyson when our corners have a history of being banged up is not so cool. barrett, poteat, miller and dyson all have missed time with injuries.

this might make sense though if they can get a solid better than average guard who will play well for the next 4 or so years and miller revis barret can somehow rise to the occasion and stay injury free.

whoever said this is a step back this year i would basically agree. giving up dyson for a veteran guard who in all likelihood will not play better than kendall makes the kendall trade look not so good. besides losing dyson when our corners have a history of being banged up is not so cool. barrett, poteat, miller and dyson all have missed time with injuries.

this might make sense though if they can get a solid better than average guard who will play well for the next 4 or so years and miller revis barret can somehow rise to the occasion and stay injury free.

all we need right now Rick is a guy who can play THIS year and let Bender learn and progress on the bench-we need a veteran presence on the line in between Nick and Brick-I'm not concerned with a 4 year deal

all we need right now Rick is a guy who can play THIS year and let Bender learn and progress on the bench-we need a veteran presence on the line in between Nick and Brick-I'm not concerned with a 4 year deal

it still would mean losing dyson for basically the same thing as kendall.

The FO has been a joke really. They give up Kendall and have no clue who will be playing guard to start the season in a week. Now they desperately try to trade for one and whoever they get won't be worth what they give up to get them.

Miller and Revis, mark my words, are the next two stud CB's in New York.

This is the best news i have heard from the jets since they drafted Nick Mangold (i was jumping around the room, i could not have agreed more with my old buckeye :))

Bingo! I said it all year last year. Miller played MUCH better than he got credit for. He got hosed on a couple PI calls and everybody counted him out much too quickly. He's one of the most talented guys on the field as proven by his return numbers. He's not going to get burnt, he's faster than all the WR's in the league, plus another year under his belt.

Honestly, it's Revis I'm worried about, but everyone seems to think he's a sure thing, so if that's true, I see nothing wrong with suring up the OL with a VERY GOOD OG, the same level as Dyson. That, to me, is suring up things.

Rhodes,Miller and Revis give us a young, fast and dynamic secondary.

With all that said, I'd rather have kept Kendall and Dyson, but, hey, that's on Pete, ef him, but to have drafted Brick and Mangold in the first round and then put a seive in between them, now that's blowing a draft!

I refuse to believe this. IF by some chance the jets were forced to do this then the kendall situation was an even bigger blunder by the FO. We traded up to grab Revis and lock down the position by having that dyson/revis combo. If we go and trade dyson then what good was trading up to grab revis. So we had a solid guard, we traded up in the draft to graba great cb rookie, got cheap with the vet guard and are forced to trade him to save face leaving a glaring hole covering Chad's blind spot, and now have to give up the impact of our cb duo to get us back to where we were (hopefully) at LG. All this because of 1 lousy million dollars. How about we pay Kendall 1 million, have a solid line, and have a very dynamic duo at cb.

which do you think leaves the team better this year?

Kendall,Revis,Dyson, -1 million dollars

or

some decent vet guard,Revis,Miller/Barrett

wow, just wow. I can't be the only one to think this here.

You're not Joe. I'm in disbelief if this rumour is indeed true. The Kendall situation should NEVER have come down to him not being our starting LG. I'm at a total loss.

Jeez! Faneca isn't going anywhere. These stupid trade discussions take on a life of their own only because of wishful and delusional thinking. Where the #@&! did anyone hear that the Steelers were thinking of moving a perennial pro-bowl player? Just because he's a FA next season? Did it ever occur to you morons that he'll re-sign with Pittsburgh? Come on, guys. Please have a brief encounter with REALITY!

Faneca for Dyson? I dont see it happening, but if it did, that would be alright.

That would be about the only guard I would trade Dyson away for.

Too bad it ain't happenin'. Pittsburgh is not going to get rid of Faneca this late into the Preseason and will use him one more season until they have to part ways with him.

Jeez! Faneca isn't going anywhere. These stupid trade discussions take on a life of their own only because of wishful and delusional thinking. Where the #@&! did anyone hear that the Steelers were thinking of moving a perennial pro-bowl player? Just because he's a FA next season? Did it ever occur to you morons that he'll re-sign with Pittsburgh? Come on, guys. Please have a brief encounter with REALITY!

He said he would not play for PIT past this season. Still, I dont see them trading him to the Jets, a prime competitor for a playoff spot.

What about Dyson & McCarrines (especially with the nice attractive renegotiated salary) for Faneca ,WR is the one place we are deep on ...

I'd want a draft pick, too. But there's a better chance of that happining than Faneca for Dyson straight up.

So many people seem to think Dyson isn't an imprtant part of this team.... I think very much the opposite. He's an established vet that knows the system. With the addition of Revis, the Jets finally have depth at the CB spot, something that the lack of cost us dearly in the playoff game against NE. Did Dyson get hurt? Yes, so did Barrett. Why?

In Mangini's system, the CB's have to come up and make a lot of tackles. That makes it a whole lot more likely that Jets CB's will get injuries. Poteat and Miller were picked apart by Brady in that playoff game. With Revis, we have 3 NFL cabiler CB's. Miller, if he has progressed would make it 4, but the jury is still out on him. this system HAS to have at least 3 good CB's. Why trade Dyson to fill one hole just to create another?

The one position we do have in excess of is WR. If we are going to make a trade, please God, let it be a LG for a WR. Dyson came up with some very timely INT's last year. Dyson is better than Barrett.

As far as Gross goes, he is the only one reporting this. Yes, those two knuckleheads brought it up last night, but after listening to them, I think they are clueless. At the beginning of the game, they were still talking about how Ware and Stuckey still had something to prove to make the team. Gimmee a break. Ware had already won the #3 RB spot, and Stuckey and Wright were clearly the #4/5 WR's. They made it sound like if Tutt played well, Ware would be gone. Idiotic, uninformed commentary. Borderline incompetant.

So many people seem to think Dyson isn't an imprtant part of this team.... I think very much the opposite. He's an established vet that knows the system. With the addition of Revis, the Jets finally have depth at the CB spot, something that the lack of cost us dearly in the playoff game against NE. Did Dyson get hurt? Yes, so did Barrett. Why?

In Mangini's system, the CB's have to come up and make a lot of tackles. That makes it a whole lot more likely that Jets CB's will get injuries. Poteat and Miller were picked apart by Brady in that playoff game. With Revis, we have 3 NFL cabiler CB's. Miller, if he has progressed would make it 4, but the jury is still out on him. this system HAS to have at least 3 good CB's. Why trade Dyson to fill one hole just to create another?

The one position we do have in excess of is WR. If we are going to make a trade, please God, let it be a LG for a WR. Dyson came up with some very timely INT's last year. Dyson is better than Barrett.

As far as Gross goes, he is the only one reporting this. Yes, those two knuckleheads brought it up last night, but after listening to them, I think they are clueless. At the beginning of the game, they were still talking about how Ware and Stuckey still had something to prove to make the team. Gimmee a break. Ware had already won the #3 RB spot, and Stuckey and Wright were clearly the #4/5 WR's. They made it sound like if Tutt played well, Ware would be gone. Idiotic, uninformed commentary. Borderline incompetant.

Exactly... No way do I wanna go into the season with Barrett, Revis and Miller vs Moss, Stallworth and Welker. Having A.Dyson in the secondary only makes our secondary than much stronger.

With...

Dyson

Revis

Barrett

Miller

Coleman and

Rhodes

Thats a solid secondary. Dyson is a huge part to our Defense having success this season, no way the Jets trade Dyson for an OG... I would much rather shop J.Mac around (Who I have high hopes for this season) before Dyson... Because QB's like Brady and Manning will pick apart our secondary with Barrett, Revis and Miller...

Exactly... No way do I wanna go into the season with Barrett, Revis and Miller vs Moss, Stallworth and Welker. Having A.Dyson in the secondary only makes our secondary than much stronger.

With...

Dyson

Revis

Barrett

Miller

Coleman and

Rhodes

Thats a solid secondary. Dyson is a huge part to our Defense having success this season, no way the Jets trade Dyson for an OG... I would much rather shop J.Mac around (Who I have high hopes for this season) before Dyson... Because QB's like Brady and Manning will pick apart our secondary with Barrett, Revis and Miller...

I was on the other side of this one, thinking that the Jets could move Dyson now before injuries further slow him down, but I agree with these points -- ie, you cant have enough good CBs with the likes of Brady with which to contend.

I was on the other side of this one, thinking that the Jets could move Dyson now before injuries further slow him down, but I agree with these points -- ie, you cant have enough good CBs with the likes of Brady with which to contend.

I hate watching our Jets not beable to stop the run... And honestly as a fan, I get more pissed when we cant stop the pass or even contain it... Having Dyson in the secondary means we have a true #1 CB who can man up with most #1 WR's in the NFL... Having Revis at #2 means that we are doing pretty good... Miller is a perfect #3 CB for the simple fact he is FAST, QUICK, and he is tougher than most slot WR's, Barrett is one of the best #4 CB's in the league... Thier are not alot of #4 WR's who can actually make Barrett look silly. Then we have Rhodes in the secondary who is a play-maker...

Now if we take away Dyson... That means Barrett will then become the #1 CB for the simple fact Revis is still a rookie and not ready to take on the T.Holts, T.Ownes, R.Moss', and C.Johnsons of the NFL, god knows J.Miller aint a #1... So Dyson is key to have in the secondary if you ask me.

I hate watching our Jets not beable to stop the run... And honestly as a fan, I get more pissed when we cant stop the pass or even contain it... Having Dyson in the secondary means we have a true #1 CB who can man up with most #1 WR's in the NFL... Having Revis at #2 means that we are doing pretty good... Miller is a perfect #3 CB for the simple fact he is FAST, QUICK, and he is tougher than most slot WR's, Barrett is one of the best #4 CB's in the league... Thier are not alot of #4 WR's who can actually make Barrett look silly. Then we have Rhodes in the secondary who is a play-maker...

Now if we take away Dyson... That means Barrett will then become the #1 CB for the simple fact Revis is still a rookie and not ready to take on the T.Holts, T.Ownes, R.Moss', and C.Johnsons of the NFL, god knows J.Miller aint a #1... So Dyson is key to have in the secondary if you ask me.

One thing is for sure... our DB's will be put to the test this year.

I think Eric Coleman at SS is a weakness v the run. He has good numbers but in his case I think the numbers lie. He is very fast and seem to catch guys from behind but he is not an 'eight in the box' kind of SS. Its what the Jets hoped for from Smith and might have gotten if they'd have nibbled at Archuleta.

So many people seem to think Dyson isn't an imprtant part of this team.... It`s not a matter of thinking Dyson isn`t a decent player ,but the fact is if we are going to trade for any type of decent Offensive Lineman ,we are going to have to give up something decent in return ,nobody`s just going to give us a good OL for free.

You said it... you have to part with a good player to get a good player... its all about making the move that makes your team better as a whole... sure the D will take a hit... but will the D even matter when teams are running over the Oline?

I agree, to get value, one must offer value. What I don't like is creating a hole to fill another. We have an excess of LB's, DE's and WR's. We also have draft picks. I'm saying I'd rather trade from a position that we have ample talent in, as opposed to creating another hole. The DB corp on this team is set right now... good solid starters, quality depth. Don't mess with the DB's.

Archived