Just my thought about the team that we have this year.

DefenseWinsChampionships

I just wanna add some thought of what I think of this Jets team.

-Last season we had 2 offensive lineman starting for this O-Line in Ferguson and Mangold. The fact that they were actually thrown into the fire as rookies and actually started all 16 games is a blessing in disguise for this upcoming season and actually one of the best things that could have ever happend to this O-Line as far as the future goes. Mangold may be a all-pro type Center for years to come, our next Kevin who can anchor this O-Line for years to come. The Brick went up against some of the best D-Lineman in the league last season in D.Freeney, J.Taylor, and R.Seymour. Yea he made some rookie mistakes, but at the same time, thats only gonna make him a stronger 2nd year player. I honestly feel he can turn into a franchise LT. (Chad stayed healthy last season) In my eyes, that has to be a positive.

The loss of Kendall should help this Jets team as far as having a guard who can actually open up holes for the run game, but it may hurt us with pass protection for the simple fact Kendall was a veteran who knew how to play the game. With that being said... The fact that Mangold and Ferguson both have thier rookie seasons behind them as players, I feel that should overcome the loss of Kendall in terms of experience. I'm not worried about a huge drop off in Offensive production as a fan, for 2 reasons... #1 Kendall was no beast, and 2nd, it's only gonna help us in the near future... If Bender cant handle the load, I'm pretty sure Mangini and the front office will find a guard through the draft... 1st or 2nd round, or even FA next season.

-Last year we started the season with Barlow and Blaylock as our 1-2 punch, some backfield huh? This year we have a feature back in Thomas Jones who proved in Chicago he can carry the load and we also have a player in Leon Washington who is a great change of pace back, gives us alot of options on 3rd downs with his ability to make nothing into something on draws, screens, sweeps and inside runs and lets not forget that he's also amazing in the open field once he catches the ball in the flats. I'v been in love with the way he plays since his FSU Days... Leon for Herm? Steal of the draft.

-Last year we made the playoffs with a rookie HC in E.Mangini and a first year OC in Marty's boy. This year I look for Mangini to know his team "That much better" as far as being a coach goes. And I'm also excited to see the way Chad runs the Offense in year #2 under Martys boy who's calling the plays and should have a better feel for the players in his system, when to call the plays, and how to use his playmakers (Coles, Cotch, Leon, Brad Smith and Thomas Jones) I also look for C.Baker to have a breakout season as far as catches and yards go.

-The fact that we found out under Mangini last season that we have 2 play-makers in J.Cotchery and K.Rhodes is a huge positive and advantage for this Jets team heading into week one this Sunday when we play the Patriots. What was Herm Edwards thinking by keeping Cotch in the dog house? I'll honestly never know. The kid broke almost all of T.Holts recieving records while playing for NC State. That speaks volumes alone. I rmember when we drafted K.Rhodes, alot of us thought he could play the game... But we could never of thought in a million years we would have the 2nd coming of E.Reed in our secondary.

-We had yet another great draft in my eyes as a fan of the JEts. We drafted D.Revis out of Pittsburg who was the NATIONS #1 ranked CB, along with D.Harris out of Michigan who was the NATIONS #3 ranked MLB... I'v seen them both play this preseason, and what can I say? Other than we drafted 2 starters. Revis has a chance of being really special for this Jets secondary with K.Rhodes and J.Miller for years to come, and D.Harris is a true 3-4 MLB that I believe Mangini drafted to play alongside Vilma for a long time.

-Last season players such as Vilma, Rovertson, Ellis, B.Thomas, Hobson and Barton were 6 players in our front 7 minus Kimo who were playing the 3-4 for the first time. Alot of coaches and players say it can take up to two or 3 seasons for players to fully understand the 3-4 D and actually play the 3-4 D the "Right Way". With the addion of Harris who played nothing but the 3-4 while at Michigan and the fact that Hobson, Barton, Thomas, Ellis, Robertson and Vilma will all be in year 2 under the 3-4 has me really pumped up about this D with a more than solid secondary.

-Dyson and Revis will be a better 1-2 punch at the CB postion for our secondary this year than Dyson-Miller, Dyson-Barrett or Dyson-Coleman was for us last season. J.Miller is perfect for the 3rd CB Postion for the simple fact he is strong, physical, aggressive, fast, quick, and can also get after the QB at times. He will be guarding WR's such as Welker and R.Parish, I think he can do a solid job. And having D.Barrett as our 4th CB is really a great thing. I dont know alot of #4 WR's who can actually make D.Barrett look silly.

-Also lets not forget that this has Been Chads first healthy offseason in quite some time, that alone should have him playing at a higher level, and I also feel he will be much better in the redzone this season with a real running game to keep the D's honest.

Lets hope we have an injury free season... And lets get back to the playoffs, and it all starts with NE.

I know this was a long thread, lol, I'm just really excited about this team that Mangini is about to send on the field come Sunday. We really have something special in this team.

The loss of Kendall should help this Jets team as far as having a guard who can actually open up holes for the run game, but it may hurt us with pass protection for the simple fact Kendall was a veteran who knew how to play the game.

The above statement is why none of us take you seriously.

The loss of Kendall should help this Jets team as far as having a guard who can actually open up holes for the run game, but it may hurt us with pass protection for the simple fact Kendall was a veteran who knew how to play the game. With that being said... The fact that Mangold and Ferguson both have thier rookie seasons behind them as players, I feel that should overcome the loss of Kendall in terms of experience. I'm not worried about a huge drop off in Offensive production as a fan, for 2 reasons... #1 Kendall was no beast, and 2nd, it's only gonna help us in the near future... If Bender cant handle the load, I'm pretty sure Mangini and the front office will find a guard through the draft... 1st or 2nd round, or even FA next season.

The above statement is why none of us take you seriously.

Like I said... The Jets were dead last in rushing the ball last season, maybe that had something to do with Mangold and Brick both being rookies, maybe that had something to do that we had Barlow, Blaylock and Houston running the ball for us, Leon was our only bright spot with 4 yds per carry...

So your telling me P.Kendall was a solid run blocker? Give me a damn break, he was BELOW average... I'm pretty sure Bender will be a MUCH better run blocker than Kendall was for us last yeat. Guards should beable to move the D-Line, and make room for the RB... Tell me why was P.Kendall on his ass last year more than his feet?

Like I said... The loss of Pete Kendall may hurt this Jets team in terms of pass protection... Was I wrong?

Thanks for your 2 cents Gainzo.

-Last season we had 2 offensive lineman starting for this O-Line in Ferguson and Mangold. The fact that they were actually thrown into the fire as rookies and actually started all 16 games is a blessing in disguise for this upcoming season and actually one of the best things that could have ever happend to this O-Line as far as the future goes. Mangold may be a all-pro type Center for years to come, our next Kevin who can anchor this O-Line for years to come. The Brick went up against some of the best D-Lineman in the league last season in D.Freeney, J.Taylor, and R.Seymour. Yea he made some rookie mistakes, but at the same time, thats only gonna make him a stronger 2nd year player. I honestly feel he can turn into a franchise LT. (Chad stayed healthy last season) In my eyes, that has to be a positive.

-Last year we started the season with Barlow and Blaylock as our 1-2 punch, some backfield huh? This year we have a feature back in Thomas Jones who proved in Chicago he can carry the load and we also have a player in Leon Washington who is a great change of pace back, gives us alot of options on 3rd downs with his ability to make nothing into something on draws, screens, sweeps and inside runs and lets not forget that he's also amazing in the open field once he catches the ball in the flats. I'v been in love with the way he plays since his FSU Days... Leon for Herm? Steal of the draft.

-Last year we made the playoffs with a rookie HC in E.Mangini and a first year OC in Marty's boy. This year I look for Mangini to know his team "That much better" as far as being a coach goes. And I'm also excited to see the way Chad runs the Offense in year #2 under Martys boy who's calling the plays and should have a better feel for the players in his system, when to call the plays, and how to use his playmakers (Coles, Cotch, Leon, Brad Smith and Thomas Jones) I also look for C.Baker to have a breakout season as far as catches and yards go.

-The fact that we found out under Mangini last season that we have 2 play-makers in J.Cotchery and K.Rhodes is a huge positive and advantage for this Jets team heading into week one this Sunday when we play the Patriots. What was Herm Edwards thinking by keeping Cotch in the dog house? I'll honestly never know. The kid broke almost all of T.Holts recieving records while playing for NC State. That speaks volumes alone. I rmember when we drafted K.Rhodes, alot of us thought he could play the game... But we could never of thought in a million years we would have the 2nd coming of E.Reed in our secondary.

-We had yet another great draft in my eyes as a fan of the JEts. We drafted D.Revis out of Pittsburg who was the NATIONS #1 ranked CB, along with D.Harris out of Michigan who was the NATIONS #3 ranked MLB... I'v seen them both play this preseason, and what can I say? Other than we drafted 2 starters. Revis has a chance of being really special for this Jets secondary with K.Rhodes and J.Miller for years to come, and D.Harris is a true 3-4 MLB that I believe Mangini drafted to play alongside Vilma for a long time.

-Last season players such as Vilma, Rovertson, Ellis, B.Thomas, Hobson and Barton were 6 players in our front 7 minus Kimo who were playing the 3-4 for the first time. Alot of coaches and players say it can take up to two or 3 seasons for players to fully understand the 3-4 D and actually play the 3-4 D the "Right Way". With the addion of Harris who played nothing but the 3-4 while at Michigan and the fact that Hobson, Barton, Thomas, Ellis, Robertson and Vilma will all be in year 2 under the 3-4 has me really pumped up about this D with a more than solid secondary.

-Dyson and Revis will be a better 1-2 punch at the CB postion for our secondary this year than Dyson-Miller, Dyson-Barrett or Dyson-Coleman was for us last season. J.Miller is perfect for the 3rd CB Postion for the simple fact he is strong, physical, aggressive, fast, quick, and can also get after the QB at times. He will be guarding WR's such as Welker and R.Parish, I think he can do a solid job. And having D.Barrett as our 4th CB is really a great thing. I dont know alot of #4 WR's who can actually make D.Barrett look silly.

-Also lets not forget that this has Been Chads first healthy offseason in quite some time, that alone should have him playing at a higher level, and I also feel he will be much better in the redzone this season with a real running game to keep the D's honest.

Lets hope we have an injury free season... And lets get back to the playoffs, and it all starts with NE.

I know this was a long thread, lol, I'm just really excited about this team that Mangini is about to send on the field come Sunday. We really have something special in this team.

I just don't see this season going well for us, as much as I desparately want it to. Unlike you, I think Chad is done and will be one of the main reasons we struggle. Clemens will become starter too late. CB and RB will be better, OL will be better by the end but struggle, defense overall will be about the same. I just don't like the texture of our schedule. People hate when people talk about schedules but we have a schedule that could spiral out of control. As a fan I believe in my team and will root as hard as anyone for them, but the rational side of my football brain feels that we will be a sub .500 team this year, and possibly as bad as having a Top 5 pick next year if we stick with Chad too long.

Is it me, or does he make the same exact post at least twice a week?

can the jets stop the run? vilma and drob are still round pegs in square holes. as soon the jets stop giving up 5 yds/carry i will take the defense seriously.

can the jets pressure the qb without blitzing 7 men?

can chadwick threaten the defense enough to keep 8 men out of the box?

can bender, moore, clement, brick give chad time and create a running game?

those are the big questions for the jets. if they can do these things then they have a chance at a big year. last year the schedule was a joke - this year there really aren't that many easy games. the first 8 games will decide the season. if the jets start slow they will be out of the running by thanksgiving.

I gave that post above alot of thought, It would honestly be nice to get some feedback on what we think as Jet fans.

Thanks in advance. I know I been posting crazy on this site (It's been the offseason) But I simply wanna talk football... It's about that time.

You want feedback? Okay. Get a life and stop pandering for attention on the internet.

last year the schedule was a joke - this year there really aren't that many easy games. the first 8 games will decide the season. if the jets start slow they will be out of the running by thanksgiving.

This years Jets schedule is still kind of a joke. The Pats play the Colts and Chargers while the Jets play the Titans and Chiefs.

I gave that post above alot of thought, It would honestly be nice to get some feedback on what we think as Jet fans.

Thanks in advance. I know I been posting crazy on this site (It's been the offseason) But I simply wanna talk football... It's about that time.

1. You have been on this site since December, If you don't know how we Jet

fans think by now you need some reading comprehension classes,

2, I hope you are giving your girlfriend the same amount of attention that you

are giving these posts.

3. And lastly I have been a Jet fan for over 47 years now. At one point I was just

like you, dissecting everything they did. One day you will come to realize

that there is nothing you can do or say that changes what happens with the Jets,

You have to grin and bear it. Check my posts from day one, rarely do I get

into any debates ie, Chad/Clemens because there's nothing I can do to change

what will happen. If anything I enjoy the discussions that the guys have over

this and other issues.

Don't get me wrong. You have every right to post what you think on here. It's

just that you have to relax a little.

That's a pretty f*cked up joke. I was so happy.

Yeah i actually started crying when he told us it was a joke. It's like a hot chick taking you home, stripping down to her undies and inviting you onto her bed only to mace you and call the cops. That's how bad that "joke" was.

That's a pretty f*cked up joke. I was so happy.

Its not a joke. Its a f*cked up torture strategy. Does he still have to leave for 30 days if New England wins Sunday? I mean I love the Jets but we have to think about our sanity first don't we? Maybe not.:)

Its not a joke. Its a f*cked up torture strategy. Does he still have to leave for 30 days if New England wins Sunday? I mean I love the Jets but we have to think about our sanity first don't we? Maybe not.:)

I get the feeling DWC would be hoplessly lost without this site.

You know I think you hit on some things that people over look, The biggest being we made huge advances last year because of one common thing. The opportunity given by one man, Eric M. Plain and simple he made the most of his team, draft chioces, hidden players in our roster, like K Rhodes and the Cotch. But on top of what we did last year Heres what I think everyone should think about:

Vilma complimented with our soon to be starter Harris is going to have an all star season.....I mean it probowl, and i dont mean like last years probowl when romo got it playing two game or watever////

Brian S., this man has had a whole off season to think, analize, and come up with god knows what....

Chad Penningon

Chad Pennington (I had to say it again, people dont seem to realize this is going to be a great year for him...dont worry 124, barton and whoever else Helen will get his time)

the list goes on but

Lastly and this is just for Game One, when that game is played, its going to be personal from the coach down. And I really dont think the all Ex pats players have been invited to meet with the Jets because they can contribute to the the gang green on the field. Our rivalry with Bill and his squad has gone to the point of psychological warfare and spys....**** thats awesome....look for us to win by ten points

This years Jets schedule is still kind of a joke. The Pats play the Colts and Chargers while the Jets play the Titans and Chiefs.

When you finish in 1st place it is part of the thing that comes with it: A harder schedule next season than any other of your division foes, unless of course teams in the divisions you are playing start to crumble from the top and rise from the bottom.

Case in point:

Kansas City last year was a 2nd place team. This year? Ha, more like a 5-11, 6-10 team at best. Tennessee, same thing. As for San Diego and Indy? Well you guys drew two teams who arn't falling anytime soon. It goes with the territory of winning your division and as Dominator said: Stop winning the AFC East and you won't have to worry about it.:P

You know I think you hit on some things that people over look, The biggest being we made huge advances last year because of one common thing. The opportunity given by one man, Eric M. Plain and simple he made the most of his team, draft chioces, hidden players in our roster, like K Rhodes and the Cotch. But on top of what we did last year Heres what I think everyone should think about:

Vilma complimented with our soon to be starter Harris is going to have an all star season.....I mean it probowl, and i dont mean like last years probowl when romo got it playing two game or watever////

Brian S., this man has had a whole off season to think, analize, and come up with god knows what....

Chad Penningon

Chad Pennington (I had to say it again, people dont seem to realize this is going to be a great year for him...dont worry 124, barton and whoever else Helen will get his time)

the list goes on but

Lastly and this is just for Game One, when that game is played, its going to be personal from the coach down. And I really dont think the all Ex pats players have been invited to meet with the Jets because they can contribute to the the gang green on the field. Our rivalry with Bill and his squad has gone to the point of psychological warfare and spys....**** thats awesome....look for us to win by ten points

Vilma isn't even the best 3-4 ILB on the team without Harris. I (nor anyone else) saw nothing in pre-season to suggest he will have even a good season, let alone a pro-bowl season. Unless we switch to a 4-3 that is.

No one knows for sure if he'll be any good in 2007, but Romo had an outstanding season last year. Was a backup all through training camp & got most of his reps with backup players; took over in game 7 (hardly 2 games), had more TD's than Chad did in 16 games, and that's with T.O. leading the league in dropped passes. More than one of which were sure long TD passes. To say nothing of the team's offense going from a dud to dangerous almost instantly.

I don't know how imaginative BS can get with Chad there. How many different ways can you throw a pass under 8 yards? And I'm eager to see how he'll imaginate our way to making it look like we have a decent OL.

Pennington has looked awful. His receivers get clobbered unless it's dink/dunk passes or unless they've got >5 yards of separation (and even then they STILL sometimes get their bell rung like Thomas' hit on Coles).

Wish I had your enthusiasm.

Vilma isn't even the best 3-4 ILB on the team without Harris. I (nor anyone else) saw nothing in pre-season to suggest he will have even a good season, let alone a pro-bowl season. Unless we switch to a 4-3 that is.

No one knows for sure if he'll be any good in 2007, but Romo had an outstanding season last year. Was a backup all through training camp & got most of his reps with backup players; took over in game 7 (hardly 2 games), had more TD's than Chad did in 16 games, and that's with T.O. leading the league in dropped passes. More than one of which were sure long TD passes. To say nothing of the team's offense going from a dud to dangerous almost instantly.

I don't know how imaginative BS can get with Chad there. How many different ways can you throw a pass under 8 yards? And I'm eager to see how he'll imaginate our way to making it look like we have a decent OL.

Pennington has looked awful. His receivers get clobbered unless it's dink/dunk passes or unless they've got >5 yards of separation (and even then they STILL sometimes get their bell rung like Thomas' hit on Coles).

Wish I had your enthusiasm.

I'm not a big Romo fan, but I'm sure he can prove me wrong. Kind of questionable to use Owens as a reason Romo is better than his stats. It's nice to say T.O. had a lot of dropped passes, but it's not as if he isn't a much better wr than Coles and/or Cotchery. Doesn't matter who is throwing the him the ball-Young, Garcia, McNabb, Bledsoe or Romo.

I'm not a big Romo fan, but I'm sure he can prove me wrong. Kind of questionable to use Owens as a reason Romo is better than his stats. It's nice to say T.O. had a lot of dropped passes, but it's not as if he isn't a much better wr than Coles and/or Cotchery. Doesn't matter who is throwing the him the ball-Young, Garcia, McNabb, Bledsoe or Romo.

The point was only that, as talented as T.O. is, he dropped a lot of passes that would have padded Romo's stats further. Did kind of look like a bonehead on that last play.

I'm not anointing him as anything great, and he may suck terribly this year, but he had a good enough season to warrant a pro-bowl appearance in the NFC, unless we are to say that no QB with a T.O.-like receiver is pro-bowl eligible.

The point was only that, as talented as T.O. is, he dropped a lot of passes that would have padded Romo's stats further. Did kind of look like a bonehead on that last play.

I'm not anointing him as anything great, and he may suck terribly this year, but he had a good enough season to warrant a pro-bowl appearance in the NFC, unless we are to say that no QB with a T.O.-like receiver is pro-bowl eligible.

I'm not saying you annointed him or that he should be ineligible for having T.O. Just that T.O. is helping him out, not hurting. Just cause T.O. has drops and is an ass, he is still an asset on the field. Like Plaxico is for Eli or Chad Johnson for Palmer. Besides, this discussion beats trying to figure out how somebody can look at having Bender at OG as a improvement over Kendall. Especially after those preseason games.

I'm not saying you annointed him or that he should be ineligible for having T.O. Just that T.O. is helping him out, not hurting. Just cause T.O. has drops and is an ass, he is still an asset on the field. Like Plaxico is for Eli or Chad Johnson for Palmer. Besides, this discussion beats trying to figure out how somebody can look at having Bender at OG as a improvement over Kendall. Especially after those preseason games.

no argument here. Hopefully we found Kris Dielman II and he was just looking bad on purpose. One can always hope.

i'm not going to find the post, but you predicted the Jets would win 12 games in 07. For that to happen i would think the captian on defense and offense would need a big year.

I am predicting supernatural forces taking over.

A joke, huh? From the numbers I've seen the Pats have the 3rd toughest schedule, while the Jets have the 5th. Of 32 teams. You are right, that's a huuuuge difference. ;-)

Are you trying to come up with an excuse in case your beloved pPats don't win the division this year, or something? :lol:

edit: Althought I have to admit, playing a team coached by herm is a bit of an handicap.

A joke, huh? From the numbers I've seen the Pats have the 3rd toughest schedule, while the Jets have the 5th. Of 32 teams. You are right, that's a huuuuge difference. ;-)

Are you trying to come up with an excuse in case your beloved pPats don't win the division this year, or something? :lol:

edit: Althought I have to admit, playing a team coached by herm is a bit of an handicap.

You are right, but our QB does not appear to be adverse to winning games against good teams like your QB.

Archived