3 game lead

Maxman

for the Yankees with the Wildcard.

You comfortable with that? Would be nice to play the Indians in Round One.

I don't want the road to the Yanks 27th going through LA and Boston. Let those two teams beat up on one another, as we take care of Cleveland and await the winner.

I don't want the road to the Yanks 27th going through LA and Boston. Let those two teams beat up on one another, as we take care of Cleveland and await the winner.

Good question is does either Angels or Indians try to 'rest' starters with comfortable leads in the hopes of avoiding Yankees.

for the Yankees with the Wildcard.

You comfortable with that? Would be nice to play the Indians in Round One.

I remember when the goals were so much higher.;) Now the almighty Yanks are ducking certain teams....good stuff.

I say the Yanks petition MLB to allow them to play TB in the first round should they grab the WC.

I remember when the goals were so much higher.;) Now the almighty Yanks are ducking certain teams....good stuff.

I say the Yanks petition MLB to allow them to play TB in the first round should they grab the WC.

It would actually be better if the petition came from someone else. If the Yankees do it, it just wouldn't seem right.

Thanks for taking care of this.

I don't care if the Yankees get in the playoffs as the WC. I don't care if we have to play the Angels in the ALDS.

I just want to have a healthy pitching staff, that can give me a chance. Wang Petitte in the 1st 2 games of any series gives the Yankees a solid shot in both games. And for once, we don't need to rely on a broken down Randy Johnson, or a Jaret Wright or a Kevin Brown for a crucial game. Clemens and Hughes give the Yankees a much better shot at winning playoff games against anyone.

A WC team will never win the World Series. Right?

Archived